THANK YOU ALL!! Took Delivery Today!! Most Comfortable Car!

EVSRCali

Verified Owner
DE Number
Thank you to all of you for your tips and positive experience sharing. Finally upgraded to Air Touring from Air Pure in first week of March, received the VIN number in 3 days, and took delivery of the Air Touring, Infinite Black, 19 inch wheels, SSP, DDP today. What an awesome car and all of you were not stretching, when you say it is the most comfortable car ever, and the one with the killer looks.

The delivery from the Milbrae service center was smooth for the most part, had to push a bit for them to recalibrate the software as it was calibrated to 21 inch wheels, we had opted for 19 inch due to the range benefit.

Also, tested the Hyper Charger (350W) at the Livermore CA Premium Outlets, had to authenticate via the App per the message on the EA screen, maybe first time charging needed that step. And, we were charging at 74% battery and got 63kw charging speed.

Lot of people stopping and staring at the car. The Milbrae folks were so cool, and obliged putting the bear sticker. Will keep sharing.
IMG_2251.jpg
IMG_2250.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg

Thank you to all of you for your tips and positive experience sharing. Finally upgraded to Air Touring from Air Pure in first week of March, received the VIN number in 3 days, and took delivery of the Air Touring, Infinite Black, 19 inch wheels, SSP, DDP today. What an awesome car and all of you were not stretching, when you say it is the most comfortable car ever, and the one with the killer looks.

The delivery from the Milbrae service center was smooth for the most part, had to push a bit for them to recalibrate the software as it was calibrated to 21 inch wheels, we had opted for 19 inch due to the range benefit.

Also, tested the Hyper Charger (350W) at the Livermore CA Premium Outlets, had to authenticate via the App per the message on the EA screen, maybe first time charging needed that step. And, we were charging at 74% battery and got 63kw charging speed.

Lot of people stopping and staring at the car. The Milbrae folks were so cool, and obliged putting the bear sticker. Will keep sharing.View attachment 10656View attachment 10657View attachment 10658
Maybe we will run into each other (figurative speaking of course) at the SF Premium Outlet when we charge our car.

But @EVSRCali didn't leave room for another car to park to his right 😈

Looks great! Im also upgrading Pure to Touring.
Though, 63kWh is pretty bad… I get 3X that on my Kia EV6, I hope that’s just a bad supercharger station?

Though, 63kWh is pretty bad… I get 3X that on my Kia EV6, I hope that’s just a bad supercharger station?
63kw at 74% SOC is not bad. Please share a picture of your EV6 getting 189kw at 74% SOC. You won't be anywhere close to that at 74% SOC.

63kw at 74% SOC is not bad. Please share a picture of your EV6 getting 189kw at 74% SOC. You won't be anywhere close to that at 74% SOC.
Man I gotta say are you drinking some crazy lucid coolaid? 63KWH is horrible and your response almost makes me want to cancel my touring order. If your attitude is true KIA is miles ahead. Attaching “evidence”.. also I get 100kWH+ at 80%+…

Attachments

• 4E50C849-51AF-4D9D-98DA-CEB2F8931582.jpeg
    4E50C849-51AF-4D9D-98DA-CEB2F8931582.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
Man I gotta say are you drinking some crazy lucid coolaid? 63KWH is horrible and your response almost makes me want to cancel my touring order. If your attitude is true KIA is miles ahead. Attaching “evidence”.. also I get 100kWH+ at 80%+…
As an EV enthusiast, I am sure that you know that power is measured in kW and energy is measured in kWhr. Energy is power multiplied by time. The power coming from the charger or going into the battery is measured in kW. The total energy supplied to the car or going into the battery is measured in kWhr. While the EV6 is a good charging car, you did not put 100kWhr into a 77kWhr pack. The charging rate for all cars slows when the SOC gets much over 50%. I am sure that you are also aware that many factors affect affect charge rate such as battery temperature and outside air temperature and the charger being used. The experience here is that EA is frequently limiting charge power rather than the car.

Below are charging curves from Inside EVs for both the Lucid and the Kia. I assume that the oscillations seen in the Kia curve have been fixed but the overall trend is consistent across most cars. Yes, 63kW at 73% SOC is low for Lucid, it should be closer to 100kW.

1679263667525.png

1679263649603.png

As a final point, name calling of any kind including implications that another forum member is drinking Lucid Koolaid are forbidden. If you do this again, you will be banned. I did not say anything disrespectful to you, I expect the same courtesy.

Really @AustinAir. A strangers opinion on a discussion board makes you think about your decisions? My first PHEV(Ford Fusion Energi 2015) charged 20 miles in 2.5 hours on a Level 2 charger. From that to Lucid Air, just saying even 63Kwh is like an amazing speed. Just a different perspective given my experience. Beyond that it is the same for me 99% of the time. As i used to plug that car and now Lucid Air at about 10 pm, and both are fully charged in the morning. Practically even though the speed of charging is so different, user experience remains the same. So even if the charge curve on KIA EV is faster for most users that would not change the user experience unless someone used for road trips.

Charging curve for pure and touring extrapolated.

1679265875969.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319_154824_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20230319_154824_Sheets.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 104
Did you not read the part where is said “at 74% SOC”? Enjoy your Kia.

As an EV enthusiast, I am sure that you know that power is measured in kW and energy is measured in kWhr. Energy is power multiplied by time. The power coming from the charger or going into the battery is measured in kW. The total energy supplied to the car or going into the battery is measured in kWhr. While the EV6 is a good charging car, you did not put 100kWhr into a 77kWhr pack. The charging rate for all cars slows when the SOC gets much over 50%. I am sure that you are also aware that many factors affect affect charge rate such as battery temperature and outside air temperature and the charger being used. The experience here is that EA is frequently limiting charge power rather than the car.

Below are charging curves from Inside EVs for both the Lucid and the Kia. I assume that the oscillations seen in the Kia curve have been fixed but the overall trend is consistent across most cars. Yes, 63kW at 73% SOC is low for Lucid, it should be closer to 100kW.

View attachment 10677
View attachment 10676

As a final point, name calling of any kind including implications that another forum member is drinking Lucid Koolaid are forbidden. If you do this again, you will be banned. I did not say anything disrespectful to you, I expect the same courtesy.
As a current EV6 owner (soon to be AT owner) I can confirm the crazy EV6 charging curve. Things definitely slow down above 70% SOC, and then drop to near zero at 80%, where they will stay for a few minutes before creeping back up a bit and then completely falling off a cliff as you cross 90%. We did a cross-country road trip last summer and there were a couple of times I needed to DCFC to 90%, and those 10% from 80 to 90 took a while. I'm going to speculate that the dipsy-doodles in the InsideEVS curve between 55 and 65% are the car slowing the charge rate down for thermal management of the battery.

I'm not going to lie, the Air charging curve looks like the car is throttling things fairly quickly. It appears optimized to give you enough charge to get to the next station rather than to drive for several hours. Since I don't have any real-world road-trip experience in an Air (yet!!!) I don't know if this is something you notice as a driver. I know that the DCFC in the EV6 (we generally did about 30 / 40% to 80%) allowed us to stretch our legs, maybe hike to a restaurant for some lunch, use the restroom at the nearby WalMart, or whatever, so the time didn't hang heavy on our hands. We generally enjoyed the charging stops. Here's hoping it's the same in the Air!

Lot of people stopping and staring at the car. The Milbrae folks were so cool, and obliged putting the bear sticker. Will keep sharing.View attachment 10656View attachment 10657View attachment 10658
Man, am I jealous. I converted my Pure order to a Touring about the same time that you did, got my VIN about the same time that you did, and appear to be in an infinite hold waiting for my car since then.

Congratulations on the car! I know you hear it a lot (and feel it yourself) but that is one beautiful vehicle.

Back