Test Drive Release

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Here are the words from my delivery agent:

It’s great to hear from you and I hope you had a good holiday season. We have begun test drives at select Studio locations in California, Arizona, and Florida. We will continue to distribute test drive vehicles throughout the various Studios across the country. Due to the demand and limited assets for test drives, we are currently prioritizing our reservation holders that have order/been invited to order(Dream Edition/Grand Touring) and will then open up test drives for other trims in the same sequence.

Please let me know if you have any additonal questions, I’m happy to help.

Test drives? I'm still waiting for the promised Studio on Long Island that will be over a 1/2 year late...if it opens in the 2nd quarter.

Here are the words from my delivery agent:

It’s great to hear from you and I hope you had a good holiday season. We have begun test drives at select Studio locations in California, Arizona, and Florida. We will continue to distribute test drive vehicles throughout the various Studios across the country. Due to the demand and limited assets for test drives, we are currently prioritizing our reservation holders that have order/been invited to order(Dream Edition/Grand Touring) and will then open up test drives for other trims in the same sequence.

Please let me know if you have any additonal questions, I’m happy to help.
I’m in CA with a GT on order. Have received ZERO information on test drives other than “soon” since June. So are they finally going to tell me this information? Are they going to finally call me about one? Still waiting……..

I’m in CA with a GT on order. Have received ZERO information on test drives other than “soon” since June. So are they finally going to tell me this information? Are they going to finally call me about one? Still waiting……..
I am in AZ and my sales advisor told me that I would be invited for a test drive as soon as they become available in Scottsdale. Never heard a thing from SA but heard about test drives on this forum. I called the studio and set up a test drive. I suggest calling the design studio rather than relying on your SA.

Both my SA and DA have told me “soon” as late as last week. Went in person to the San Diego studio when in opened on 12/24 and they said they didn’t have a date. Nothing in Orange county or LA was told. Still waiting……..

Indiana, Oak Brook Illinois studio, silence.
Spoke with my Sales Advisor yesterday and he had no information about when yet drives would be available at Oak Brook. Very frustrating, as is so much regarding Lucid these days, since I know that they have to have a plan but they just don't want to share it with us yet.

Spoke with my Sales Advisor yesterday and he had no information about when yet drives would be available at Oak Brook. Very frustrating, as is so much regarding Lucid these days, since I know that they have to have a plan but they just don't want to share it with us yet.

It seems to me there should have been a plan to get test drive cars out to Studios. After the DE deliveries are complete just wasn't a good idea. AGT is the top car in production. You cannot get a DE if you walk into any studio today. Motor Trend Car of the Year is the Lucid Air Dream Edition and not any other version. Who knows what that means.

If you are in the Bay Area, San Jose is doing them.

Test drives? I'm still waiting for the promised Studio on Long Island that will be over a 1/2 year late...if it opens in the 2nd quarter.
I've been to the studio in Manhattan. They have a pre-production model there. No test drives yet. But at least you can see it and have a tour of it.

I've been to the studio in Manhattan. They have a pre-production model there. No test drives yet. But at least you can see it and have a tour of it.
Thanks, Steve, I did that over the summer. Back then he said he was expecting test drives by November. Obviously that never happened.

I test drove a pre-production yesterday at West Palm Beach. I was told that the power in that car was limited to ~930 HP somehow. I love how it handles and how quiet it is. Which one of those 2 do you like? To me the Lucid is stunning in person and I got a lot of looks from other drivers/bystanders during my drive. Can’t wait to get my GT!

Attachments

• DE5C494E-50FE-4DA2-8D2D-B10C542502CF.jpeg
    DE5C494E-50FE-4DA2-8D2D-B10C542502CF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 218

The only Air you can test drive in NorCal is at the Valley Fair studio (not sure about SoCal). It's a Dream P in California Gold with the Santa Monica interior. I took it out a few weeks back.

The only Air you can test drive in NorCal is at the Valley Fair studio (not sure about SoCal). It's a Dream P in California Gold with the Santa Monica interior. I took it out a few weeks back.
I haven't been able to get any test drives despite repeated inquiries and a confirmed order for an Air Grand Touring. I keep being told "soon" and am just frustrated at the lack of information.

I haven't been able to get any test drives despite repeated inquiries and a confirmed order for an Air Grand Touring. I keep being told "soon" and am just frustrated at the lack of information.
If you're in San Diego and want to take a drive to PHX, you might want to call the Scottsdale studio and see if you can test drive there...has not been hard to do one with a confirmed reservation.

If you live in SoCal, and have a reservation, contact Jalil from Lucid studio in Torrance to arrange a test drive.

Be prepared to be disappointed with your existing cars, whatever you have after you have tried out the Air. That's what happened with us (currently own Tesla, Benz, Cadillac)

=============

[email protected]
Office: 424 512 8126
Direct: 424 323 3770

Hi up Ashoka and see if he'll let you drive his =)

Anybody know if they have a demonstrator for the Manhattan studio yet? I’ve been meaning to call.

Back