Tesla removed Ultrasonic sensors and replaces with Tesla Vision

I have clumsy fingers, what can I say? Let’s go with Starkink though. Since we are on the subject of Tesla poor customer service, I’m going with a solar company who is charging 8k more than Tesla. I’m going with them so I don’t have to deal with horrible Tesla “customer service”, which is an oxymoron.
Damn!

That was reason of my research not to but Tesla Solar as well. I simply don’t want to be on phone for an hour all the time so I can just talk 5 minutes.

If you can walk fine with vision, why do you still need hearing? Just take out ears so your smarter brain has less to process.

Tesla products are just basically future cybernetic organism with less DNAs strands.

Last edited:
Damn!

That was reason of my research not to but Tesla Solar as well. I simply don’t want to be on phone for an hour all the time so I can just talk 5 minutes.
Usually you can hack the phone menu of a corporation to be able to speak with a live person, but not Tesla. They have literally made it impossible to speak with a person, unless you press the prompt that says “if you are a solar customer with an emergency, press 9”.

Usually you can hack the phone menu of a corporation to be able to speak with a live person, but not Tesla. They have literally made it impossible to speak with a person, unless you press the prompt that says “if you are a solar customer with an emergency, press 9”.
I read few horror stories, so to stay away from Tesla Solar. Like you said, “customer service” is oxymoron to Tesla.

I think it’s wild that they’re doubling down on vision only, when we’ve seen over and over again that it fails in the edge cases. Just wild.
How can vision only work at night?

The Lucid is the first car I've owned with the 360º bird's eye view. I never thought twice about not having it, but now that I do, I get almost angry every time I pull our Model S Plaid into a parking space while trying to guess where the lines and the concrete bump stop are.

Even with the update, Tesla didn't bother to put a center armrest or any kind of storage in the second row of the Model X, even though they finally did with the Model S update. And they call the Model X a family vehicle. Go figure.
My Hyundai Santa Fe had something similar, and I LOVE it
1667243609658.png

not as concrete or complete as the Lucid of course, but I do believe Hyundai may have been the first to attempt this 'camera stitching' feature

But that's the point of competition, copy their idea, and MAKE IT BETTER!

My Hyundai Santa Fe had something similar, and I LOVE it..
Many cars have 360-degree cameras avaiable now. Nio's is arguably one of the best - it remembers what the cameras have seen and shows detail passing under the car as you drive:
Tesla's cars are missing blind spot warnings in side mirrors, 360 degree cameras, and auto rear cross-traffic/pedestrian braking. Most people think of Tesla's cars as state of the art, but as cars, they're really pretty rudimentary with a harsh, noisy ride and are missing many daily-safety and comfort features.

Well, delayed, again

Also the NHTSA investigation here, with emergency responder vehicle accidents...

Many cars have 360-degree cameras avaiable now. Nio's is arguably one of the best - it remembers what the cameras have seen and shows detail passing under the car as you drive:
Tesla's cars are missing blind spot warnings in side mirrors, 360 degree cameras, and auto rear cross-traffic/pedestrian braking. Most people think of Tesla's cars as state of the art, but as cars, they're really pretty rudimentary with a harsh, noisy ride and are missing many daily-safety and comfort features.
I’ve ridden a Nio back in 2019. I mistakened it as Tesla. But the driver told me it’s “Chinese Tesla”. I was quite impressed first time. I’ve even saw a propane gas Taxi in Guangzhou. 450 alternative fuel vehicle companies in China, just insane competition!

I'm selling my Tesla stock this week. After watching Musk retweet a conspiracy theory about the attack on Paul Pelosi, see him say his daughter has been brainwashed by the "full on communism" taught in American colleges and universities, and listen to him opine that Ukraine ought to seek a settlement based on Russia's keeping the territory it recently seized and that Taiwan ought to submit to China overlordship based on the Hong Kong accord (which China has violated), I've had enough of his authoritarian, neo-fascist crap.

The Tesla we have now will be the last product we buy from any Musk enterprise, and I want no further association with his brands in any way, shape, or form. Of course, that means I'll miss out on the trip to Mars, but I've managed to live without his equally vaporous full self driving.

I'm selling my Tesla stock this week. After watching Musk retweet a conspiracy theory about the attack on Paul Pelosi, see him say his daughter has been brainwashed by the "full on communism" taught in American colleges and universities, and listen to him opine that Ukraine ought to seek a settlement based on Russia's keeping the territory it recently seized and that Taiwan ought to submit to China overlordship based on the Hong Kong accord (which China has violated), I've had enough of his authoritarian, neo-fascist crap.

The Tesla we have now will be the last product we buy from any Musk enterprise, and I want no further association with his brands in any way, shape, or form. Of course, that means I'll miss out on the trip to Mars, but I've managed to live without his equally vaporous full self driving.
DITTO!

And frankly Tesla's cars are not that great either. At this point it's only about charging and brand.

Back