Tesla Model Y to Lucia Air Pure

Cars
Tesla Model Y, Acura MDX
I have had my Tesla Model U for nearly 4 years. My family hates the ride quality. Wife has refused to ever sit in that car.
I had bought it when prices were high. I paid for FSD but did not use it much. I did not even use auto pilot much. I like driving and due Covid/remote work I don't drive much.
For longer distances, we have better family cars. So my usage for the car would be driving in town mostly on the weekends.

I am in Atlanta GA. There is a service center here. I have made an appointment to test drive Air Pure and Air touring this weekend.
If they have a car we like we will lease it to get in store credit.
I learned today that I will have to replace my Tesla Charger with Lucid charger. Is this required?
Tesla audio quality was good enough for me.

I was told that 2024 Air Pure Base Model with in store credit would be around $650 for 18 month lease. The price drops to $600 for a 36 month lease.
For Air touring it would be $750 for 18 month lease and $755 for 36 month lease. All of these have zero down payment.

I have seen folks getting better lease terms than me but I am assuming that they are in other states.

I was thinking of just getting base Air Pure. However, I wanted to know if there are options that are must have.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions for me. If you have a referral code that has not been used up let me know and I will DM. you.

Thanks

I learned today that I will have to replace my Tesla Charger with Lucid charger. Is this required?
No. You can use a 3rd-party adapter like the TeslaTap. If you want to replace it, you'd get ~2x the speed (if you ran a 100amp line), but you don't have to.

If you want to avoid the adapter and it's a 60amp line, you can replace it with something like a Wallbox Pulsar Plus (which uses the J1772 standard, rather than NACS), but I'd probably just get the adapter.

I have had my Tesla Model U for nearly 4 years. My family hates the ride quality. Wife has refused to ever sit in that car.
I had bought it when prices were high. I paid for FSD but did not use it much. I did not even use auto pilot much. I like driving and due Covid/remote work I don't drive much.
For longer distances, we have better family cars. So my usage for the car would be driving in town mostly on the weekends.

I am in Atlanta GA. There is a service center here. I have made an appointment to test drive Air Pure and Air touring this weekend.
If they have a car we like we will lease it to get in store credit.
Tesla audio quality was good enough for me.

I was told that 2024 Air Pure Base Model with in store credit would be around $650 for 18 month lease. The price drops to $600 for a 36 month lease.
For Air touring it would be $750 for 18 month lease and $755 for 36 month lease. All of these have zero down payment.

I have seen folks getting better lease terms than me but I am assuming that they are in other states.

I was thinking of just getting base Air Pure. However, I wanted to know if there are options that are must have.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions for me. If you have a referral code that has not been used up let me know and I will DM. you.

Thanks
It’s all a matter of personal preference for options, but here’s how I would think about it relative to model y.

Tires - by default the 19” will give you the most range. Traction is fine for the 19’s on pure because it’s power limited with a single rear motor. The 20” summer tires will take a ~15% range hit.

Sound system - the base surreal sound is nothing to write home about its functional. Surreal sound pro is a very good stock system for sound quality. If you want something excellent you are looking at aftermarket. Your decision if you listen to a lot of music re value.

Dreamdrive premium I feel is worth it just for the surround view cameras and adaptive cruise control. No auto steer functionality, but nice conveniences and not a big cost lift as it was before. The dd premium system is good value imo.

Leather seats I think for pure is a do you like white or black interior decision. The whites show dirt very easily but look nice if clean. Since Santa Cruz is only leather option for pure that’s what you are really choosing since the purluxe mojave is your other choice.

Lmk if other questions, I have one last referral slot if you choose to buy! My code is in the signature or you can dm me for more info.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am leaning towards getting
Air Pure with:
DD Premium to get 360 view
Upgraded Sound

Another decision I am wrestling with is duration of lease.
for Air Pure 18 months lease is $50 more expensive than a 36 month lease
for touring the lease 18 months is actually slightly less expensive

I took a quick look at Carvana and found sever Air Pure 2023 with less than 3000 miles. The price was in 58k-59k range.
Surprised to see these cars with such low mileage being sold. I am going to lease so I did not consider these cars.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am leaning towards getting
Air Pure with:
DD Premium to get 360 view
Upgraded Sound

Another decision I am wrestling with is duration of lease.
for Air Pure 18 months lease is $50 more expensive than a 36 month lease
for touring the lease 18 months is actually slightly less expensive

I took a quick look at Carvana and found sever Air Pure 2023 with less than 3000 miles. The price was in 58k-59k range.
Surprised to see these cars with such low mileage being sold. I am going to lease so I did not consider these cars.
Is this a 25’ pure or 24’ pure? The 25’s just got updated so not expecting a near term update from there.

my opinion is 18 months will go by really fast, so if you know it’s a short term gig, it might make sense or if you have concerns, you can hedge it.

I bought mine outright when the car first came out and despite all the growing pains and depreciation. have no regrets about buying it because other than another air, I don’t think I would make a different decision now.

I think part of the purchase issue now is financing rates aren’t what they were when air first came out. The lease terms are very generous right now imo because lucid is trying to move volume and the $7500 tax credit lets them out out attractive lease offers. If you lease, you still have the option to buy later. I think if it’s a 25’ pure it’s a better car than the 23’s because of the refinements they have put in.

you should be able to get better lease terms but it depends on the car buildout. in my case, the 18 month lease was cheaper than 36 month, which almost never happens when you lease.

happily took the 18 month to get into a lucid and not be locked in for 3 years.

DreamDrive Premium and Surreal Sound Pro are both must haves for me.
If I could do it over again I’d have gone with 20” wheels and summer only tires and purchased aftermarket winter tires & wheels.
Having driven my partner’s car with 20’s back to back with mine with 19’s MHO the 19” have a fairly significant impact on driving dynamics and fun. The ride quality is slightly rougher with the 20’s but for me worth it.
I would have also gone with ventilated seats. I went with the touring strictly for the AWD for winters in Chicago.
If I lived somewhere without snow I’d probably gone with the Pure. To me it feels more refined and is a better drivers car.

Is this a 25’ pure or 24’ pure? The 25’s just got updated so not expecting a near term update from there.

my opinion is 18 months will go by really fast, so if you know it’s a short term gig, it might make sense or if you have concerns, you can hedge it.

I bought mine outright when the car first came out and despite all the growing pains and depreciation. have no regrets about buying it because other than another air, I don’t think I would make a different decision now.
It is a 24' pure.
I also feel that 18 months will go by very quickly. I heard that it is possible to extend it by 5-6 months. I am leaning towards 36 month lease.
I buy cars. EV's are changing rapidly. Four years ago I wanted an EV. At that time Tesla was the most established EV company. I wanted to lease it but their lease does not allow us to buy the car at the end of lease. So I paid outright and bought at Tesla MY LR. It only has 21500 miles on it. My wife hates it. My kids don't care about the ride quality. So my next EV will be leased for sure.

DreamDrive Premium and Surreal Sound Pro are both must haves for me.
If I could do it over again I’d have gone with 20” wheels and summer only tires and purchased aftermarket winter tires & wheels.
Having driven my partner’s car with 20’s back to back with mine with 19’s MHO the 19” have a fairly significant impact on driving dynamics and fun. The ride quality is slightly rougher with the 20’s but for me worth it.
I would have also gone with ventilated seats. I went with the touring strictly for the AWD for winters in Chicago.
If I lived somewhere without snow I’d probably gone with the Pure. To me it feels more refined and is a better drivers car.
I lived in MN for 31 years. I would never buy a rear wheel drive car for winters. We moved to Atlanta last year. Based on last winter I think I will be fine with RWD. Ventilated seats sound good to me as well. Reason why I am leaning towards 19 Inch rims is that primary reason to replace my current Tesla is ride quality. Wife wants a smooth less bumpy ride.

Welcome to Atlanta! I basically lived up in Minneapolis for a big work engagement so I totally understand the need for AWD up there.
Your use case is similar to mine. I use my Air for just commute duties and I love it. This car's ride quality is excellent with all their wheels, but especially plush with the 19's.
It will be a different world from any Tesla ride quality.
I run 21's because I adore the look of the aero blades.

It is a 24' pure.
I also feel that 18 months will go by very quickly. I heard that it is possible to extend it by 5-6 months. I am leaning towards 36 month lease.
I buy cars. EV's are changing rapidly. Four years ago I wanted an EV. At that time Tesla was the most established EV company. I wanted to lease it but their lease does not allow us to buy the car at the end of lease. So I paid outright and bought at Tesla MY LR. It only has 21500 miles on it. My wife hates it. My kids don't care about the ride quality. So my next EV will be leased for sure.
Yes it's a provisional in the lease contract to extend by 6 months. The residual was high, and you might be able to negotiate the market price at lease close if the market is soft life is now. 18 months go quick, 36 months takes forever - but the happiness will be the same in a Lucid

Good luck with your purchase! I'm in the San Francisco area, so can't speak to Atlanta or MN, but I can speak to 19" vs 20". Test drove the 19s a couple times and they were indeed good in a straight line, but to me the 20s are an outstanding combination of ride (especially at 42-44 psi) and handling. On a good road I'd say it feels like a maglev but with a level of control that you can feel going around curves. The 20s don't give you the range of the 19s but for daily commutes I would not change a thing.

I upgraded from a ‘23 Tesla Model Y AWD to a ‘23 Lucid Air Pure AWD on an 18-month lease, and I can relate to many points you mentioned.

For the ride quality and comfort, expect a HUGE improvement, you’re upgrading from a go-kart to a true luxury EV, the difference is like day and night. Also the rear seat legroom is a huge upgrade for the kiddos.

Since you mentioned that you rarely used FSD and AP, you seem you don’t care about driving assistance features, so you won’t be missing much, in fact you’ll love the Lucid even more, the driving experience and dynamics are extremely enjoyable. There’s a high chance you’ll go over your mileage limit on your lease, just because of how much it’s enjoyable to drive the Lucid lol.

I have the upgraded sound system, the sound quality is amazing, but it doesn’t get as loud as other vehicles like the Tesla, but this depends on personal preference on the volume you normally set.

If your use of the vehicle is driving in town, the impact on range from upgraded wheels isn’t something I’d worry about. Get the 20” if you care about the aesthetics or the 19” if you care about the ride comfort.

The 2025 vehicles are slightly updated and I’ll mention a few changes that might impact your decision process on whether to go for a 2025 vehicle, or go for an 18-month lease with a 2024 vehicle to upgrade later to a 2025/2026 vehicle. Once you drive it, you will want to keep driving a Lucid lol. One other factor to also consider is the charging port in newer 2025/2026 vehicles, where it’s expected/planned to have Tesla’s NACS port (not available yet in current 2025 vehicles), so you might not need to replace your charger at home, and just get an adapter as others suggested for your 18-month lease.

1- the processor and graphics card are getting upgraded, and this is very much needed. The current processor and graphics card are ~5 years old, they’re stuck with 5 year old technology from when they started developing this car. The software and user interface with current hardware is sometimes slow (with Lucid Maps for example).

2- The same applies to the key fob and entry system, although it’s not publicly announced but I very much expect it to be upgraded, as it was mentioned in a YouTube review of the 2025 vehicle.

3- DreamDrive Premium is now included in the 2025 vehicles ($2k upgrade in older vehicles), and Pro is only a $2.5k upgrade. It used to be a $6k upgrade for older models. Adaptive cruise control is included with the base DD in 2024 and older vehicles, and the 360 view in DD Premium and Pro is nice to have, but it’s not something I’d pay for, especially on a lease.

4- The efficiency of the 2025 vehicles is improved.

5- the HVAC heater is now a heat pump, which is much better in efficiency and heating performance. Even if your area doesn’t get cold, the heater is used in preconditioning the battery for fast charging.

The only “downgrade” in the 2025 model is the fabric headliner in the leather alternative option, but if you’ll opt for real leather interior, then the headliner will be the same alcantara as older models.

In terms of power, I haven’t driven a single-motor RWD Pure (mine is a dual-motor AWD), but if this is something you care about, test driving the Pure and the Touring might affect your decision one way or another.

Happy to answer any questions you have.

I upgraded from a ‘23 Tesla Model Y AWD to a ‘23 Lucid Air Pure AWD on an 18-month lease, and I can relate to many points you mentioned.

For the ride quality and comfort, expect a HUGE improvement, you’re upgrading from a go-kart to a true luxury EV, the difference is like day and night. Also the rear seat legroom is a huge upgrade for the kiddos.

Since you mentioned that you rarely used FSD and AP, you seem you don’t care about driving assistance features, so you won’t be missing much, in fact you’ll love the Lucid even more, the driving experience and dynamics are extremely enjoyable. There’s a high chance you’ll go over your mileage limit on your lease, just because of how much it’s enjoyable to drive the Lucid lol.

I have the upgraded sound system, the sound quality is amazing, but it doesn’t get as loud as other vehicles like the Tesla, but this depends on personal preference on the volume you normally set.

If your use of the vehicle is driving in town, the impact on range from upgraded wheels isn’t something I’d worry about. Get the 20” if you care about the aesthetics or the 19” if you care about the ride comfort.

The 2025 vehicles are slightly updated and I’ll mention a few changes that might impact your decision process on whether to go for a 2025 vehicle, or go for an 18-month lease with a 2024 vehicle to upgrade later to a 2025/2026 vehicle. Once you drive it, you will want to keep driving a Lucid lol. One other factor to also consider is the charging port in newer 2025/2026 vehicles, where it’s expected/planned to have Tesla’s NACS port (not available yet in current 2025 vehicles), so you might not need to replace your charger at home, and just get an adapter as others suggested for your 18-month lease.

1- the processor and graphics card are getting upgraded, and this is very much needed. The current processor and graphics card are ~5 years old, they’re stuck with 5 year old technology from when they started developing this car. The software and user interface with current hardware is sometimes slow (with Lucid Maps for example).

2- The same applies to the key fob and entry system, although it’s not publicly announced but I very much expect it to be upgraded, as it was mentioned in a YouTube review of the 2025 vehicle.

3- DreamDrive Premium is now included in the 2025 vehicles ($2k upgrade in older vehicles), and Pro is only a $2.5k upgrade. It used to be a $6k upgrade for older models. Adaptive cruise control is included with the base DD in 2024 and older vehicles, and the 360 view in DD Premium and Pro is nice to have, but it’s not something I’d pay for, especially on a lease.

4- The efficiency of the 2025 vehicles is improved.

5- the HVAC heater is now a heat pump, which is much better in efficiency and heating performance. Even if your area doesn’t get cold, the heater is used in preconditioning the battery for fast charging.

The only “downgrade” in the 2025 model is the fabric headliner in the leather alternative option, but if you’ll opt for real leather interior, then the headliner will be the same alcantara as older models.

In terms of power, I haven’t driven a single-motor RWD Pure (mine is a dual-motor AWD), but if this is something you care about, test driving the Pure and the Touring might affect your decision one way or another.

Happy to answer any questions you have.
Thank you for your comprehensive response. Information about 2025 changes is making it difficult for me to get a 2024. I was hoping to test drive it this weekend and place my order shortly afterwards. There are great promotions on 2024 right now. I don't drive much. We have 3 cars and my wife also works for home. So I don't have an urgent need to get a car soon other than my need to ditch a Tesla and get a Lucid. I will sell my Tesla Model Y ASAP and may drive around my Audi Convertible and wait it out for 2025.
Another option may be to take advantage of On-Site discount and sign a short 18 month lease.

Thank you for your comprehensive response. Information about 2025 changes is making it difficult for me to get a 2024. I was hoping to test drive it this weekend and place my order shortly afterwards. There are great promotions on 2024 right now. I don't drive much. We have 3 cars and my wife also works for home. So I don't have an urgent need to get a car soon other than my need to ditch a Tesla and get a Lucid. I will sell my Tesla Model Y ASAP and may drive around my Audi Convertible and wait it out for 2025.
Another option may be to take advantage of On-Site discount and sign a short 18 month lease.
If short term, a 24 is fine.

The 25’s are nicer but it’s like a 1 year iPhone upgrade. Noticeable but not massive. The lucid will still be a huge step up from model y

Of course! Happy to help.
Going with a short term (18-month) lease on a ‘24 vehicle isn’t a bad idea, you’ll get yourself familiar with the vehicle, owning one and driving it regularly is never the same as test driving it, reading about it online or watching YouTube reviews. Consider it an extended test drive for you to know exactly how to customize your next ‘25/‘26 Lucid Air, or maybe a Gravity, with a NACS port by then.

NewKid,
Thank you for starting this thread. A lot of good information and some that causes concern. I have a 21 MY LR AWD that I bought used in 2/22. I understand the cost hit that occurred buying used at that time. I bought at that time because I was starting to have issues with my Porsche and gas prices were increasing almost daily. I could have bought 21 MY LR AWD in 9/21 with 1000 miles on the odometer for $56K, but I waited until 2/22 and paid $66K for my vehicle with 6000 miles on the vehicle. Got burned money wise for waiting, but gained a friend.
The Pure seems like an exciting vehicle to own, but the lack of a heat pump would keep me from buying a 2024. The effect on efficiency for charging and heating the Pure during Winter would be concerning.

Murcie,
Thank you your review of the 2024/25 Pure. The lack of a heat pump in the 24 Pure got my attention. Do any of the other Lucid models have heat pumps? Do you know the model year/s?

Murcie,
Thank you your review of the 2024/25 Pure. The lack of a heat pump in the 24 Pure got my attention. Do any of the other Lucid models have heat pumps? Do you know the model year/s?
Sapphire, 2024 GT and all 2025 Airs have heat pumps.

Back