Tesla J1772 Wall Connector

Negan1000

Verified Owner
Cars
S550, Touring
Referral Code
5CQ2CRCI
Tesla is releasing a new J1772 Wall Connector for $550. Supports charging up to 11.5 kW, 24' cable, Powersharing and wifi. Could be a good alternative if your adding a Lucid with your Tesla. Not sure about the wifi features outside of firmware updates. There is no information if you can setup scheduling for off peak charging. I'm concerned if the cable length is sufficient if it is mounted on wall on right rear side of Lucid with car parked straight in the garage.

It's a 48A max, just like every other connector on the market. Wallbox Pulsar Plus also supports powersharing, bluetooth, and wifi, fyi. I am really glad to see them getting into the J1772 game though!

The connector on the end looks pretty sexy though. How does the connector on the wallbox look and feel?

Looks nice, better value than Lucid which charges over 1000, I wish it had timer/scheduling function for off peak charging

Looks nice, better value than Lucid which charges over 1000, I wish it had timer/scheduling function for off peak charging
Over 1000?? It’s already out?!

I had stopped by Miami studio, sales person told me it will be priced at $1600/-, don't know if true

I had stopped by Miami studio, sales person told me it will be priced at $1600/-, don't know if true
I believe it. Bi-directional capability requires more IC and software logic.

I believe it. Bi-directional capability requires more IC and software logic.
Plus the fact that it can do up to 80A requires more stuff than the Tesla up to 48A

Note that 48A EVSE will have a lighter, easier to handle cable and connector than 100A units. Chargepoint home flex has a particularly good cable/connector with a nice feel.

Are you able to schedule charging in the Lucid or the Lucid app?

Tesla is releasing a new J1772 Wall Connector for $550. Supports charging up to 11.5 kW, 24' cable, Powersharing and wifi. Could be a good alternative if your adding a Lucid with your Tesla. Not sure about the wifi features outside of firmware updates. There is no information if you can setup scheduling for off peak charging. I'm concerned if the cable length is sufficient if it is mounted on wall on right rear side of Lucid with car parked straight in the garage.
Is the J1772 Wall Connector a Tesla home charger? Your thoughts please on jeopardizing Lucid’s warranty.

It is a Tesla product. It should not have any impact on the Lucid warranty. Same as any other Level 2 charger.

Note that 48A EVSE will have a lighter, easier to handle cable and connector than 100A units. Chargepoint home flex has a particularly good cable/connector with a nice feel.

For a home charger, i don't see need to go for 100A charger, for once, I don't want to wire garage at that level, very costly, plus if car is parked there over night, even 48A is more than we need, My tesla I slow down charging to protect batteries, i mean charging in 3 hours or 8 hours who cares car is sitting there until morning anyway

For a home charger, i don't see need to go for 100A charger, for once, I don't want to wire garage at that level, very costly, plus if car is parked there over night, even 48A is more than we need, My tesla I slow down charging to protect batteries, i mean charging in 3 hours or 8 hours who cares car is sitting there until morning anyway
Only reason to wait for the LCHCS is for the bi-directional capability

It's a 48A max, just like every other connector on the market. Wallbox Pulsar Plus also supports powersharing, bluetooth, and wifi, fyi. I am really glad to see them getting into the J1772 game though!
Not every. Many recent chargers have started doing > 48. ChargePoint offers 50Amp, and all new bidirectional chargers are basically 80Amp. Tesla’s entry into the game is basically old technology profiting. The main plus of buying their product will be if you like the style and their app.

Not every. Many recent chargers have started doing > 48. ChargePoint offers 50Amp, and all new bidirectional chargers are basically 80Amp. Tesla’s entry into the game is basically old technology profiting. The main plus of buying their product will be if you like the style and their app.
Sure; I consider 48 and 50 to be ~the same, heh, but you're right. I just meant it's no different from most of the other existing chargers on the market. "Every" was an exaggeration, fair.

My old Tesla Gen 2 HPWC was capable of being installed on a 100 amp circuit and cost about $500. Tesla has always priced their EVSEs extremely competitively. Interesting to note that for Gen 3 of the same unit, they dropped back to 60-amp max circuit capability.

My old Tesla Gen 2 HPWC was capable of being installed on a 100 amp circuit and cost about $500. Tesla has always priced their EVSEs extremely competitively. Interesting to note that for Gen 3 of the same unit, they dropped back to 60-amp max circuit capability.
How many years ago was that?

Back