Tax Credit Certificates for AT

Bnwbaron

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
For those who took delivery of an AT before 1/1/23 (I took mine 12/31/2022)…..has anyone dealt with your CPA asking for a tax certificate (below)?

Brian,
You should have received a certification from Lucid regarding the tax credit, it is not in the paperwork you sent me, can you see if you have it?If not ,you're going to need to get it from the dealer.

For those who took delivery of an AT before 1/1/23 (I took mine 12/31/2022)…..has anyone dealt with your CPA asking for a tax certificate (below)?

Brian,
You should have received a certification from Lucid regarding the tax credit, it is not in the paperwork you sent me, can you see if you have it?If not ,you're going to need to get it from the dealer.
I took delivery of my AT on 12/30, and to the best of my knowledge I didn't receive any specific tax certificate...

I took delivery of my AT on 12/30, and to the best of my knowledge I didn't receive any specific tax certificate...
Did you file taxes yet?

What about anyone who bought in 2021? Did you file taxes with or without a certificate from Lucid

Did you file taxes yet?

What about anyone who bought in 2021? Did you file taxes with or without a certificate from Lucid
Didn't need it for 2021

Didn't need it for 2021
Thanks….SA says it‘s a thing and he can get me one. He also said some people ask for it and others don’t. Fingers crossed that he can deliver.

The tax form doesn’t seem to ask for a certificate, just VIN and some dates. I would think your bill of sale would be sufficient. The VIN identifies the car to the IRS so dont see what more is needed.

The tax form doesn’t seem to ask for a certificate, just VIN and some dates. I would think your bill of sale would be sufficient. The VIN identifies the car to the IRS so dont see what more is needed.
Speaking of which....where would we find that Bill of Sale...I just see the Purchase Agreement under My account when I login to Lucid's website

Speaking of which....where would we find that Bill of Sale...I just see the Purchase Agreement under My account when I login to Lucid's website
Hopefully this helps...Lucid sent an email confirming the sale after my payment processed. Interestingly, the sale day indicated several months earlier than the day I received the car. Maybe the from when I put the deposit?? I don't recall, but check your email.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 97
Hopefully this helps...Lucid sent an email confirming the sale after my payment processed. Interestingly, the sale day indicated several months earlier than the day I received the car. Maybe the from when I put the deposit?? I don't recall, but check your email.
Yeaaaah no! That email simply leads you back to the Lucid logged in page. Which again just has the purchase agreement, but not necessarily a 'bill of sale'

Brian,
For the good of the community.....My CPA lost the stand-off (yay). I am posting her comment in case anyone else runs into the same drama with their CPA. Also, she is no longer asking for the tax certificate.

It turns out that that was a software glitch due to the revised instructions for filing the 8936, so my apologies for all the trouble, you do qualify for the credit it is in your tax return.

Brian,
I wrote to Lucid today requesting some kind of certificate/letter or something for the $7,500 credit and this was the reply I received:

Unfortunately, Lucid didn't publish letters or documents regarding the Inflation Reduction Act and the $7500.00 Federal tax credit. Please contact the Internal Revenue Service for guidance.

How is everyone going around this to be able to get their tax credit. Thanks

I wrote to Lucid today requesting some kind of certificate/letter or something for the $7,500 credit and this was the reply I received:

Unfortunately, Lucid didn't publish letters or documents regarding the Inflation Reduction Act and the $7500.00 Federal tax credit. Please contact the Internal Revenue Service for guidance.

How is everyone going around this to be able to get their tax credit. Thanks
You don't need any letter from Lucid. Just fill out the tax form. It's good to have your bill of sale and contract saved in case you are audited.

You don't need any letter from Lucid. Just fill out the tax form. It's good to have your bill of sale and contract saved in case you are audited.
Thanks. Lucid sent that today to me. So I just tell my accountant to take the a $7,500 reduction?

Thanks. Lucid sent that today to me. So I just tell my accountant to take the a $7,500 reduction?
Yes, just tell your accountant that you have purchased an electric vehicle and you’d like him/her to take the appropriate tax reduction. If he/she doesn’t know what you mean, get a new accountant.

Back