Tanking Stock Market Impacting Taking Delivery?

Boomer AZ

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
I wonder how much the recent performance of the stock market will cause people to not take delivery of their Lucid. Either due to uncertainty of their investments or loss of the funds they planned to use to pay for the car. Would result in an increase of the number of vehicles suddenly available to those holding confirmed orders.

I wonder how much the recent performance of the stock market will cause people to not take delivery of their Lucid. Either due to uncertainty of their investments or loss of the funds they planned to use to pay for the car. Would result in an increase of the number of vehicles suddenly available to those holding confirmed orders.
I'll bet you're right. It does enter my mind once in a while, then I remember it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
That’s what I’ve been thinking. The thought of delaying my order has occurred to me, but I’m in it to win it.

Think so too -- some people may drop out. I set aside dedicated lucid cash dec 21. Ive saved in stocks all my life now for 45 years. Over the years transitioned into index etfs and funds. Have 90 % in index and only 10 % in stocks since hardly anyone beats index long term.

I do seriously wonder what percentage of reservation holders did not confirm/order and what percentage of those who confirmed/ordered did not accept delivery.

I suspect the reservation holders that did not confirm/order is a higher number...

My gut guess is there haven't been that many cancelations.

The real telltale sign might be when we get our first Touring invite confirmed here on the forums. The sooner that happens, the more cancelations of AGT they've had.

I know they will be moving to AGT-P first (has anyone on these forums reserved an AGT-P?) but I seriously doubt there will be more than 1,000 or so of those total reserved. (That's a niche car for those who didn't learn about Lucid until it was too late to get a DE.) They will blow through those quickly, if the factory ramp up continues. It's practically the same car as the AGT, so it should cause minimal change to the line.

Beyond that, all we can do is wait until they confirm reservation numbers at the next quarterly call, I guess. If the number of reservations they report is less than 30k - minus cars delivered up to that point, or not much more (there will be new reservations, presumably), we can infer from there the number of cancelations?

I know they will be moving to AGT-P first (has anyone on these forums reserved an AGT-P?) but I seriously doubt there will be more than 1,000 or so of those total reserved. (That's a niche car for those who didn't learn about Lucid until it was too late to get a DE.) They will blow through those quickly, if the factory ramp up continues. It's practically the same car as the AGT, so it should cause minimal change to the line.
@Bruce Browne had upgraded to a GT-P and received a VIN 8 days ago according to the tracker.

I hope people don’t have short term money they need for something tied up in stocks? But I guess everyone risk tolerance is different.

Index funds for the win. No one consistently beats the index

I'll bet you're right. It does enter my mind once in a while, then I remember it doesn't matter.
Wish i could say that. I had grand vision of paying for mine with my Lucid Profits but even after decades in the market I have failed to recognize bubbles and inflated prices and did not sell when it went to 57 and here we were back at 13 last week. Crazy times indeed but in my old age I am taking this cavalier attitude of you one live once 🤪

I hope people don’t have short term money they need for something tied up in stocks? But I guess everyone risk tolerance is different.

Index funds for the win. No one consistently beats the index
Or 30% BRK.B and then 10% each In AMZN AAPL NVDA GOOG CRM HD Some Defense Contractors .

I do seriously wonder what percentage of reservation holders did not confirm/order and what percentage of those who confirmed/ordered did not accept delivery.

I suspect the reservation holders that did not confirm/order is a higher number...
I believe it has the same effect therefore logically and then emotionally one would lean towards confirming and ready to lose the 1K. Most people who reserved a GT hopefully can afford 1K. 148K plus skins and other stuff worth another 3-10K is a whole other story.

I hope no one is buying a GT to flip it because the premium is just not there or so I have heard. I want to reserve another one just in case I want to sell this one after getting my 7500 Tax Rebate in January 😂🙈

Well, Until we see activity at the factory and cars ready to ship out in the parking lot people dropping out of reservations means nothing. The current work stoppage with no word from Lucid is disconcerting.

I hope no one is buying a GT to flip it because the premium is just not there or so I have heard. I want to reserve another one just in case I want to sell this one after getting my 7500 Tax Rebate in January 😂🙈
I know some that are, but they are in the auto sales business.

I know some that are, but they are in the auto sales business.
I am sure they are going to try. I see some listed on eBay for 199K but never get any bids or get 150K bid on them. As an individual Inwould be worried about scammers and I bet there is a nice commission to be paid to eBay.

Well, Until we see activity at the factory and cars ready to ship out in the parking lot people dropping out of reservations means nothing. The current work stoppage with no word from Lucid is disconcerting.
Oh they have a work stoppage? Is that why they are scrambling and the Bearsworkshop flyer shows no cars ready to be shipped in that parking lot?
Someone here said they were especially having fit/finish issues with the QG’s. As I said in another post they have decided to inspect my QG in Houston for the 3rd time and Eugene Wright said mine was the 2nd in line to be inspectedz

I sent him a copy of my Loan Check so he knows I am ready for delivery. He is supposed to call me today but has not done so yet.

Back