Surreal Sound Pro vs. 20 Way Ventilated/Massaging Seats

fisheral

Verified Owner
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
6K1F9IPW
I'm looking at ordering an in-stock Air, and there's one I like with Surreal Sound Pro, and a different one with ventilated/massaging seats, and I can't decide which to get. I'm not a real audiophile but I do like a sound system that can play music over Spotify at a good volume, but I largely listen to audiobooks. The thought of massaging seats has always intrigued me. Which one would you get if you could only choose one? Thanks.

For long drives, ventilated seats have become a must have for me, especially since I typically am listening to audiobooks in the car almost exclusively like yourself
The massage feature is quite nice too, I pretty much use it at least once or twice a day on my commute.

I'm looking at ordering an in-stock Air, and there's one I like with Surreal Sound Pro, and a different one with ventilated/massaging seats, and I can't decide which to get. I'm not a real audiophile but I do like a sound system that can play music over Spotify at a good volume, but I largely listen to audiobooks. The thought of massaging seats has always intrigued me. Which one would you get if you could only choose one? Thanks.
Honestly, I would look to find a car that has both.

Honestly, I would look to find a car that has both.
Tough to find that in stock with other options I don't care for at a reasonable price unfortunately.

Tough to find that in stock with other options I don't care for at a reasonable price unfortunately.
Unfortunately, most of the available ones come with missing desirable features like 360 cameras (DD Premium or Pro) or the choice facing you. A buddy of mine had to forego the 360 cameras to get the great deal.

Given your priorities, if it were me I would elect the seating option since you indicate that the only musical requirement is volume.

Hey there, got my touring a few months ago and was in the same boat as i wanted the discount for getting one on the lot. I ended up with the base stereo, dd prem and the 20 way seats with massaging and vent.

For me, No contest, ive never been in a comfier seat, the massage is good as well. Also got the 19” wheels for max durability, range, quietness, and cush. Passed on the glass roof because texas. Base stereo is plenty good for me, especially when streaming.
Happy hunting. If you or anyone reading this needs a referral code, mine has never been used.
Also feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Happy hunting
marc

Last edited by a moderator:
I was confronted with this same choice and went with seat and don’t regret it. Ideally I wanted both but that was not available ( the real story is my wife decided it for me 😎).

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thanks everyone. I reserved the Touring with the good seats.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 4.40.53 PM.png

This obviously won't be delivered until August. Does anyone know if (a) I'll be able to take advantage of August incentives if they're better, or (b) I'll be able to take advantage of July incentives if August are worse?

Hey there, got my touring a few months ago and was in the same boat as i wanted the discount for getting one on the lot. I ended up with the base stereo, dd prem and the 20 way seats with massaging and vent.

For me, No contest, ive never been in a comfier seat, the massage is good as well. Also got the 19” wheels for max durability, range, quietness, and cush. Passed on the glass roof because texas. Base stereo is plenty good for me, especially when streaming.
Happy hunting. If you or anyone reading this needs a referral code, mine has never been used.
Also feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Happy hunting
marc
Can you send me your referral code?

I didn’t get the seats but I love the sound. I’m wondering if I can find a car that’s been in an accident and put massaging seats in from that??? 🤔

I didn’t get the seats but I love the sound. I’m wondering if I can find a car that’s been in an accident and put massaging seats in from that??? 🤔
I read that you apparently can't retrofit them.

Welp, my car won't be ready until 8/1, so here's hoping the August incentives on the 2024 are equal or better, because I really can't swing it if the incentives are worse. That would suck so much.

Get air with massage and ventilation
Upgrade speakers with aftermarket products if you're not happy.
SSP doesn't have subwoofer. just woofers..
The "Subwoofer" in the back is basically an 8 in midbass driver with dual voice coils.

Much more info about a teardown and massive upgrade here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/luc...lity-configuration-of-the-factory-audio.4647/

Most of the difference between the regular sound system and SSP is the height channels (and the additional DSP that comes with them).

I *far* prefer SSP, because the height channels add so much for any Atmos tracks, and I “enjoy the trickery.”

But either system sounds fantastic; adding a sub is great if you need to feel rattle, but there is *more* than enough bass for any of by heavy bass tracks

The "Subwoofer" in the back is basically an 8 in midbass driver with dual voice coils.

Much more info about a teardown and massive upgrade here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/luc...lity-configuration-of-the-factory-audio.4647/

But either system sounds fantastic; adding a sub is great if you need to feel rattle, but there is *more* than enough bass for any of by heavy bass tracks
Looking at the back panel of my subwoofer, which I mainly use at the home office (27Hz—180Hz +15 dB), I noticed that my preferred crossover setup is at about 90Hz.
From the link;
  • The "Subwoofer" in the back is basically an 8 in midbass driver with dual voice coils. Apparently it was crossed over quite high, running as high as 250hz down to 30 hz. This tune caused some phase issues with the front midbass drivers since they overlapped in frequency much more than typical for a subwoofer.
For me, it's not about the punching "rattle" feel/sound, but more of a deeper, richer, "full-rumbling" lowest clean bass that I'd like to hear.
While it's impressive that the 8" midbass driver can go down to 30hz, personal sound taste-wise, I wish I had more control to custom-tune the bass crossover.

Music like Bedtime Story by Madonna (heavy bass at around 4:00 ~ 4:30 Album version) is something that SSP can't deliver cleanly... I tried different equalizer settings, but it didn't work for my preferred sound.
Don't get me wrong; SSP delivers. I can probably use it as a club banger and annoy the hell out of my neighbors, but personally, the overall bass is slightly diluted by sounds coming out at mid-range frequency. That's the best way I can describe it.

Maybe I have a way-to-high expectation for a car audio.... lol

Last edited:
Looking at the back panel of my subwoofer, which I mainly use at the home office (27Hz—180Hz +15 dB), I noticed that my preferred crossover setup is at about 90Hz.
From the link;
  • The "Subwoofer" in the back is basically an 8 in midbass driver with dual voice coils. Apparently it was crossed over quite high, running as high as 250hz down to 30 hz. This tune caused some phase issues with the front midbass drivers since they overlapped in frequency much more than typical for a subwoofer.
For me, it's not about the punching "rattle" feel/sound, but more of a deeper, richer, "full-rumbling" lowest clean bass that I'd like to hear.
While it's impressive that the 8" midbass driver can go down to 30hz, personal sound taste-wise, I wish I had more control to custom-tune the bass crossover.

Music like Bedtime Story by Madonna (heavy bass at around 4:00 ~ 4:30 Album version) is something that SSP can't deliver cleanly... I tried different equalizer settings, but it didn't work for my preferred sound.
Don't get me wrong; SSP delivers. I can probably use it as a club banger and annoy the hell out of my neighbors, but personally, the overall bass is slightly diluted by sounds coming out at mid-range frequency. That's the best way I can describe it.

Maybe I have a way-to-high expectation for a car audio.... lol
Hey man, to each their own! I spent so much of my life in a mixing studio focused on flat response everything, so that I could later master it for 'consumer' systems, so flat response is how my brain wants to hear it. YMMV!

For long drives, ventilated seats have become a must have for me, especially since I typically am listening to audiobooks in the car almost exclusively like yourself
The massage feature is quite nice too, I pretty much use it at least once or twice a day on my commute.
I wished they offered ventilated seats without tacking it on with massaging seats. The standard audio is pretty average. Any car starting at 70K should have a sub...period!

Back