The few times my Gravity did this to me, I realized I could have driven a bit more defensively for a greater margin of error. Sure, I didn’t think intervention was needed, but I also understood why the system decided to intervene and I appreciated this extra safety feature. I leave all safety systems on, learn the limits, and adjust my driving style. Granted, learning the limits is sometimes jarring.
Frankly, I choose to volunteer to drive most of the time in group situations, as the driving style of others sometimes terrifies me, and I wonder how they have avoided getting into an accident. They don’t anticipate, react late to situations, and/or have unsafe following distances. Now I can take 6 other adults others comfortably (except for the dreaded middle seat) in style with the Gravity!
Don’t get me wrong - I’m by no means a conservative driver. When alone, I need to be leading the pack, maneuver for poll position at every stop, and hate road boulders. I’m a bit more conservative with passengers so that I don’t scare them with my driving style. Aggressive driving and defensive driving can be in the same sentence.