Still wavering on the fence

OP, congrats on your decision. I’m sure you’ll be very happy with the GT. I, on the other hand, have also been wavering and think I’ll go with a Tesla X because it has air suspension (which I need here in the boonies), is easier to get in and out of, has more interior room for our road trips and a better charging infrastructure via the Supercharger network. Dang, but I sure do like the Lucid!
I’m kind of scared of air suspension. I remember once with my Mercedes GL became a low rider on the right front corner. It needed a bunch of work on the suspension. Currently my I Pace developed a suspension problem (right front again!) and it has been at the dealership now for five weeks with no possible solution in sight. I worry that it’s a needlessly complicated system unless you really need it for off-road use.

I’m kind of scared of air suspension. I remember once with my Mercedes GL became a low rider on the right front corner. It needed a bunch of work on the suspension. Currently my I Pace developed a suspension problem (right front again!) and it has been at the dealership now for five weeks with no possible solution in sight. I worry that it’s a needlessly complicated system unless you really need it for off-road use.
Out here the roads can be rough and with only 2.8” of clearance on the Lucid I will just feel better with the adaptive air suspension which will be able to recognize roads (like my .6 mile dirt driveway) that have occasional deep ruts and adjust automatically. The other factors will be better for me as well. If I move to civilization in the future, Lucid might hit the spot for me.

Wait, you mean other car companies have long wait times for repairs as well? 😲

I'm the OP- to close the loop on this thread, I have decided to go ahead and buy the AGT. It's in Millbrae waiting for me. Looking forward to the adventure.
Congrat!
It’s my first EV, I don’t regret it. I’m sure you will love yours too.

Out here the roads can be rough and with only 2.8” of clearance on the Lucid I will just feel better with the adaptive air suspension which will be able to recognize roads (like my .6 mile dirt driveway) that have occasional deep ruts and adjust automatically. The other factors will be better for me as well. If I move to civilization in the future, Lucid might hit the spot for me.
Did you already place order for Model X? Last I’ve heard from Kim Java’s channel was 456 days from order to delivery for her recent order. For the dirt road, Rivian products have to best off-roads attributes vs legacy brands if that is what you’re looking for. Their adjustedable air suspension is up to 14.9” ground clearance.

C9891C26-2A4E-4394-9E70-D4DE99ABF891.png95064412-E2FA-4365-B899-0749C1031B1A.pngA43EF606-4241-48D1-AAFB-DD28A43DF2B7.pngF7357CC5-6768-434A-92D1-07A7393BED77.pngA9EC3808-F048-47CF-A2BF-7C10201BA141.pngDD23B648-94BB-4703-BB21-2D9E8B758260.png38D4BE7C-9AEF-4AF0-8C86-7F7D95895D0C.png

Sounds like a wise decision. It is good that there are multiple car companies. We are not all the same nor are our desires/needs and therefore we need cars that differ as well. Enjoy the Tesla.

Same for me - only lost 10k on the Tycan over two years. Obviously due to the fact that Porsche has supply chain issues and can’t build them to satisfy demand. Dealer told me If I lost a key they can’t get replacements. Porsche is shipping new cars with one key.
would you have get more $$$ if you sold privately vs to the dealer?

It took us a few months to decide but once we realized we kept using the Lucid a lot more often we did sell the Taycan. BTW, the Taycan sold close to MSRP after a two year ownership.
did you sell it to a dealer or private party? how much did you lose?

I think the last few postings in this thread demonstrate the truth of the saying "different strokes for different folks". That is why we no longer can get any color on a car so long as it is black!

I am not a Lucid fanboy as I have deliberately reserved a Pure in part so I can see what a more fully tested Lucid will be like. If it does not pass muster, there will be other choices out there (I have a deposit down on an AWD Cadillac Lyriq as a current backup). But Tesla just doesn't do it for me.
what makes you say that pure will be a "more tested Lucid"?

I have had my car a few weeks now but I have not driven it but around the block twice as it's not ready for prime time (waiting paint protection appointment). I do have locking/unlocking experience, because I have been installing a panel/charger in the garage all this time, with the car watching me work. Here's what I observed my car doing:

Every time I open the garage door (from the house) the car wakes, flaps it's hands, and lights up. In my experience, the car is like a puppy and leaps up every time it sees you. I know it wasn't the "key fob" ?? (what is that?) because it had a dead battery and did not do anything but slip from my hand into the sewer grate every time I tried to fish it out of my pocket. Could have been my phone as the DA downloaded the app and set=up the car for me. I don't like my phone. I don't want a phone. Is my phone waking up the car? How can I stop this activity? Is there any way to "pull the plug" on a lucid?

Key Fob: black, shaped like a cuttle bone and as hard to hang onto as a wet bar of soap, with a powerful attraction to storm sewers. Faint Lucid logo on one side can be seen at high noon at summer solstice and mysytic runes on the concave side that can only be seen at last light on Durin's Day (even Gandalf knows not their purpose). Comes with dead battery installed. Once you replace the battery spend a few days trying to guess how it works (....the secret is hidden) it will plague you like a curse. If you have the time, try threading the "lanyard". (LOL). This is the black magic heart of Lucid. Best if wrapped in foil and burried in wet sand at low tide. Absolutely requires a Faraday cage if you can't get rid of it otherwise.

Card Key: I'm guessing here, that you are talking about the Lucid credit card. This thing works for me, flawlessly. What is the deal? I don't even have to remove it from my wallet. I'm going to try it on hotel rooms and ATMs.

The phone: is this the mobile key? Why aren't you saying phone? Does the phone app unlock the car when it's in my pocket? I can't explain why my car unlocks every time I go near it. Is it doing this by facial recognition ? Because the DA guy made me do the face plant thing as I sat behind the wheel (I did not know what was happening ...it was all so new and exciting and unexpected)...why do I need that? and does it now recognize me from every camera, even when I'm working in the garage?

Here is my question. What is a "mobile key" ?

oh, just thought of another: how many ways are there to open this car? Keys. how many keys are there ?
lmao i can relate to this comedy

I tried to edit the frustration out of my post above but took too long.
Here is what I would like to have posted:

What is this "mobile key" ?

1. the black slippery cuttlebone thingie that is at the bottom of the storm drain?
2. the black credit card thingie?
3. the phone app ?
4. a drone ?
hahahaahha

what makes you say that pure will be a "more tested Lucid"?
I am referring to the entire Lucid Air family. Things like the software update that just rolled out. In my mind, buying a new car from a new car company is a bit of a quality crap shoot so giving it more time to get things right made sense to me.

Back