Spotify/Pocketcasts/Tidal - Do these work off of the car's built in Data?

LucidDropkick

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT - Range
Something I feel may be a bit of a silly question; all those "built-in" apps that I keep seeing in videos...are those transferring data off the car's built-in LTE connection, or is it going through my phone's data?

Something I feel may be a bit of a silly question; all those "built-in" apps that I keep seeing in videos...are those transferring data off the car's built-in LTE connection, or is it going through my phone's data?
The car

It’s a little more complicated.

This is all very confusing to us. We assumed (yes I know, don’t say it) that the apps on the Lucid somehow magically gave us music like Spotify via the car’s wi-fi. While this somehow didn’t make sense, we were unable to get a clear answer from anyone at Lucid.
Today our mobile phone bill shows that our data has skyrocketed this month. We can only attribute this to data usage in the car. Nothing else has changed.
Am I now correct in thinking that somehow we are getting a data charge for listening to Spotify? Is it automatically using a hotspot from my phone (which I didn’t have set up)?

Out of curiosity, if you take a drive without your phone, does Spotify work In the car?

Well now, that’s a good question. I’ll check it tomorrow and let you know.
Are you using the built-in apps, or the apps through your phone (Bluetooth)? If it's the latter, then it streams using your data. If it's the former, you shouldn't be using any phone data to play music through the car - it uses the cars built-in LTE signal.

Are you using the built-in apps, or the apps through your phone (Bluetooth)? If it's the latter, then it streams using your data. If it's the former, you shouldn't be using any phone data to play music through the car - it uses the cars built-in LTE signal.
I only use the car’s apps. Spotify mainly. I’ll take the car out today without my phone and see if I can still access Spotify. But i cannot imagine why else our data usage as soared.

Out of curiosity, if you take a drive without your phone, does Spotify work In the car?
Answer: Spotify works fine even when my phone is turned off. So there is still no explanation of why my data has soared this month. Thanks.

If you have Android, go to settings, connections, data usage, mobile data usage, and you can see which apps have been using all the data.

If you have Android, go to settings, connections, data usage, mobile data usage, and you can see which apps have been using all the data.
You can see the same on the iPhone under cellular data

Maybe you have some apps on your phone collecting your data uploading that you don’t know about, some social media apps can be data hog in background even when you are no using them.

Or spyware. Perhaps the NSA is monitoring you with Palantir!
Get one of these:

1657553169948.png

Back