fisheral

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
6K1F9IPW
From Apple regarding the new Carplay update:

"Drivers can now listen to Spatial Audio songs and albums available in Apple Music and third-party apps while connected to CarPlay. Vehicles with multichannel audio capabilities can enable an immersive sound experience. Spatial Audio with support for Dolby Atmos can also be implemented in compatible vehicles."

From Apple regarding the new Carplay update:

"Drivers can now listen to Spatial Audio songs and albums available in Apple Music and third-party apps while connected to CarPlay. Vehicles with multichannel audio capabilities can enable an immersive sound experience. Spatial Audio with support for Dolby Atmos can also be implemented in compatible vehicles."
I presume this is part of iOS 18 ?

That's great to hear! Fingers crossed that this works well with the Lucid SSP system.

I wonder if that means it'll also support lossless? Last I saw, wireless CarPlay did not support lossless Apple Music, but that's on the "old" systems

It’s in the iPhone settings but whether Lucid supports it is still unknown. @mcr16

Attachments

• IMG_7536.webp
    IMG_7536.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 125
I wonder if that means it'll also support lossless? Last I saw, wireless CarPlay did not support lossless Apple Music, but that's on the "old" systems
There should be enough bandwidth to do it in the wireless interface between the car and the phone. and i'd say any recent iPhone should have the processing power to support it too.

There should be enough bandwidth to do it in the wireless interface between the car and the phone. and i'd say any recent iPhone should have the processing power to support it too.
Of course, the wireless connection the phone makes to the car has much higher bandwidth than the cellular connection Tidal is making to its servers.

This is not currently supported in the Air. I don't have additional information to share at this time, unfortunately.

Thanks for clarifying that. Fingers crossed it will be available in the future

If native Apple music is the goal, we dont have to worry about this 🙂
Yes we do. Even with a native Apple Music app, there's still a benefit to supporting lossless and Spatial Audio in the Air's system over CarPlay.

Always good to have options.

Back