Something is just not right

For me, fit and finish is a much more significant deal.
Someone just posted that his rear windshield cracked.
Someone else had the suspension re-torqued.
Cant’t drive the car with these problems, whereas without CarPlay, the car still operates, albeit with less convenience and enjoyment for some.

Only one of our three EVs has CarPlay. CarPlay offers a lot of extras that are not available in OEM systems and seems to be improving at a faster pace than the OEM systems. Do I miss not having it in the other two? Not really. Would I love to have it if it became available? absolutely.

I am selling my Lucid to buy a Tesla because it has CarPlay… Oh wait.

Back to singing kumbaya I guess. (Side note: Does anyone actually like that song? Cringe.)

On criticism of Lucid and our Lucid Airs: We are complex enough creatures to be able to have more nuanced and sophisticated opinions about the company and the car than “Lucid rocks!” or “Lucid sucks!” Please check out the forum postings and you’ll see the full gamut of opinions, sometimes in the same post. It’s all good.

Last edited:
It’s honestly really good engineering recruiting content. Better than locking it behind a 3rd party tear down that only other OEMs benefit from.

That makes it mere a rumor. (And I want to be clear here that I am not trying to start a fight with anyone, although there does seem to be a desire on this site to avoid criticizing Lucid even when Lucid deserves the criticism.) This "we are all happy with our Lucid" fantasy tells Lucid that its owners are happy with a substandard product instead of a superior product. Telling Lucid that their car is great when it is not will only lead to complacency on Lucid's part. As the author of the article below states, "Believe it or not, one of the main reasons I ordered a Lucid Air and not a Tesla was because Lucid Motors says the car supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I am not alone, a lot of EV buyers are not going with Tesla because it does not support Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto." And I agree with the author. I bought a Lucid believing it supported Apple CarPlay, because Lucid expressly advertises that it supports Apple CarPlay.

All of this leads to the fact that there should be an uproar in the Lucid community about the fact that Lucid has been advertising to potential buyers that Lucid supports CarPlay when it does not. At the very least Lucid should be concerned that this false advertising may well lead a lawsuit. As for the claim that it takes "60 days from date of application to review" for Apple's approval, this rumor that Lucid will have CarPlay has been going on for well over a year. For example, the article below states "CarPlay Coming To The Lucid Air End Of Summer." The article also states, "Some thought it was an Apple issue, where Apple has not given approval to Lucid Motors yet. But most do not believe that."

Finally, one commenter on the above article states, "I refuse to purchase any car that does not use CarPlay. Apple hit a home run with CarPlay." From what I have seen out here, that is a sentiment from many potential buyers. Apple engineering manager Emily Schubert said 98% of new cars in the U.S. come with CarPlay installed. She then delivered a shocking statistic: 79% of U.S. buyers would only buy a car if it supported CarPlay, which is probably why Lucid is advertising it support CarPlay. However, Lucid is selling $150,000 and $250,000 cars, which it says support Apple CarPlay but don't actually support Apple CarPlay.

Lucid is shooting itself in the foot by not supporting CarPlay, especially after specifically stating that it does, and Lucid is only making the problem worse by not addressing owner concerns, instead allowing rumors to dictate what should be press releases. And to be clear, Lucid does not say "Air cars will support Apple CarPlay one day." Lucas says "Air is even compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and countless other apps." https://www.lucidmotors.com/air/connectivity

This is my opinion and I recognize that it does not comply with the Kumbaya attitude many out here have about Lucid, but I frankly do not see the point of pretending that reality doesn't exist.

I don’t mean to be a jerk, but I fail to comprehend how anyone could not recognize the large number of decidedly negative posts that are sprinkled throughout this forum. The drumbeats were so loud that it temporarily caused me to reconsider my purchase. Carplay is great , but it’s not like the vehicle is inoperable, or in my opinion any less fun to drive without it.
Sure, lots of people really enjoy the car, to the extent that Carplay becomes an afterthought. When making a comparison of Lucid versus Tesla, there was one major factor on my mind, and Carplay was not it , nor did it even enter into any data point.
That being said, glad you expressed your opinion. That’s what this is all about, and reading others viewpoints , to make informed decisions, is crucial.

I don’t mean to be a jerk, but I fail to comprehend how anyone could not recognize the large number of decidedly negative posts that are sprinkled throughout this forum. The drumbeats were so loud that it temporarily caused me to reconsider my purchase. Carplay is great , but it’s not like the vehicle is inoperable, or in my opinion any less fun to drive without it.
Sure, lots of people really enjoy the car, to the extent that Carplay becomes an afterthought. When making a comparison of Lucid versus Tesla, there was one major factor on my mind, and Carplay was not it , nor did it even enter into any data point.
That being said, glad you expressed your opinion. That’s what this is all about, and reading others viewpoints , to make informed decisions, is crucial.
What are your factors?

For me the biggest factor is can you produce what you said you would produce...oh wait.

What are your factors?

For me the biggest factor is can you produce what you said you would produce...oh wait.

A few things come to mind. In my instance , the appearance of the car, the range , the accelerating, the sound system and most importantly it was not associated with Elon Musk. The third factor weighed heavily on me because the guy acts like a petulant child, and he embodies many things I just find reprehensible in an individual. Of course ,he deserves endless credit for his genius but he is just a narcissistic, nasty individual, who treats people like garbage .
I have been waiting years for a Tesla alternative, so here it is . Am I a hippocrate for ignoring many of Lucid’s moral dilemmas , absolutely. Sorry to everyone who has Teslas, I know I am being ridiculous.
The car is far from perfect , but after taking a ride last night with all the new updates, I was smitten.
I doubt I will even use Carplay , when available.

I guess what bothers me the most is that Lucid advertises its cars as supporting CarPlay and they don't support CarPlay. One reason I chose Lucid over Tesla is that Tesla doesn't have CarPlay. As for not using CarPlay, when I had my Porsche I found CarPlay to be the most valuable software available for the car, bar none. CarPlay does far more than GPS, music, etc.

Now, of course you can choose to not use CarPlay. But I will say this. If you fail to at least try CarPlay, you're doing yourself a huge disservice.

I guess what bothers me the most is that Lucid advertises its cars as supporting CarPlay and they don't support CarPlay. One reason I chose Lucid over Tesla is that Tesla doesn't have CarPlay. As for not using CarPlay, when I had my Porsche I found CarPlay to be the most valuable software available for the car, bar none. CarPlay does far more than GPS, music, etc.

Now, of course you can choose to not use CarPlay. But I will say this. If you fail to at least try CarPlay, you're doing yourself a huge disservice.
CarPlay is coming, likely before the end of this year. Be patient.

Have used Carplay extensively in my other vehicle. It’s great. However, with Tidal lossless audio and Atmos, in combo with the native navigation system, I will likely never use it in the Air.
Understand it’s an important feature and it is coming soon, so I hope that will satisfy those who really want it in their vehicles.🤞🤞

Have used Carplay extensively in my other vehicle. It’s great. However, with Tidal lossless audio and Atmos, in combo with the native navigation system, I will likely never use it in the Air.
Understand it’s an important feature and it is coming soon, so I hope that will satisfy those who really want it in their vehicles.🤞🤞
I wasn't thinking music. I agree that for music sound quality Tidal is currently better.

Further, if you are not an Apple user CarPlay is probably of questionable value. But for Apple users it is crazy good because it integrates so well with Apple equipment.

I wasn't thinking music. I agree that for music sound quality Tidal is currently better.

Further, if you are not an Apple user CarPlay is probably of questionable value. But for Apple users it is crazy good because it integrates so well with Apple equipment.

I am an Apple user and love it. I just don’t think I’ll need it in the car. I am probably not using it to its full potential like you. I can understand the disappointment thus far ; I think it’s almost here .

I am an Apple user and love it. I just don’t think I’ll need it in the car. I am probably not using it to its full potential like you. I can understand the disappointment thus far ; I think it’s almost here .
Until recently I would have said it is vaporware. Now, "maybe." But you can be sure I will have plenty to say on January 1, 2023 if I still have to use Lucid's NAV.

Car Play is something I used extensively in my last DD and in my summer cars, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it in my AGT, but there is so much good in the AGT that it makes the lack of Car Play a small inconvenience. Currently I use the right button on my iPhone to place calls and send voice texts via the AGT's microphone and speaker system.

Until recently I would have said it is vaporware. Now, "maybe." But you can be sure I will have plenty to say on January 1, 2023 if I still have to use Lucid's NAV.
Car Play is something I used extensively in my last DD and in my summer cars, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it in my AGT, but there is so much good in the AGT that it makes the lack of Car Play a small inconvenience. Currently I use the right button on my iPhone to place calls and send voice texts via the AGT's microphone and speaker system.
Or just say “hey siri”

Back