Something is just not right

Be the change you want to see. I'm happily a beta tester for Lucid.

Nothing is more important than addressing, or at least pretending to care, about the climate crisis.

I would ask you this, the leg room in the back with the additional battery pack seems to drive the knees up and looks uncomfortable, why I choose the Pure.

During the long months of waiting for our car we visited the Lucid Design Studios in both Miami and West Palm Beach multiple times. Miami had a demo car with the larger battery pack, and West Palm had one with the smaller battery pack. The unnatural jacking up of the knees with the larger battery pack bothered me to no end at the time, as the cramped rear seating of the 2015 Tesla Model S we had at the time was a source of constant annoyance, with jacked up knees being one of the reasons. But we took different friends on each visit, and none of them found the Lucid's rear seating position anything other than comfortable, even with the larger battery pack. Now that we have the car, I sometimes volunteer for the back seat if we have a really tall passenger with us, and I've actually found it quite comfortable. The knee angle is noticeably more relaxed than in our 2021 Tesla Model S due to the truly impressive room to push your feet forward.

I have to say, though, that the Lucid rear seating position with the smaller battery pack is on another level altogether. (The rear floorboard is 3.15" lower than with the larger pack) It is every bit as roomy and comfortable as in an S-Class Mercedes or 7 Series BMW, which had been my personal benchmarks for rear seat comfort. And in a car so much smaller on the outside than either German car, it is truly remarkable.

I have had more software issues with my early car (#154) than some others, but Lucid is addressing them, albeit a bit more slowly than I hoped. At the same time, they have surprised me with some sorely missed features that had not been teased, such as the recent addition of satellite map images which I sorely missed when not driving our Tesla. Software aside, the Lucid is the best balance of power, handling, ride, seating comfort, and luxury features of any car I have owned -- and I've owned everything from Corvettes to Mercedes AMGs to Audi R8s (three of them), plus luxury sedans.

Be the change you want to see. I'm happily a beta tester for Lucid.

Nothing is more important than addressing, or at least pretending to care, about the climate crisis.
Was looking for this link: Jeremy Rifkin.

My boy sent me this. He was doing his ChE at RPI and got inspired. Instead of working for Exxon he's researching indoor grows for Gotham Greens. So proud of him. This is encouraging. Young people are going to fix all the things our generation f'ed up, or drown trying. start here to get his point

like nolimit, I too was looking for a luxury EV and also wanted a 4-door ( have had only SUVs and sports cars). I ordered the Lucid just before the EQS was unveiled. I never did see a Lucid before ours was delivered two weeks ago but I did go see an EQS while our Lucid was on order. My impression was… they did a lot of work on aerodynamics and interior creature comforts but it was lacking in driving characteristics and interior space. Then there’s actual price you pay for what you want in the car… it was a no go.
To be honest I would not be on this forum if Mercedes offered the S580e hybrid in the states but they don’t. Now we have the Lucid GT and my wife and I both love it. It’s literally drives more like an S600 than an EQS but it’s quieter. And yes, we have had a few glitches thus far but nothing major.
With all that said, there will be lots of choices in the next two years… no harm in waiting.
The AMG EQS handles better than the EQS 580, IMHO. The EQS and the Lucid DE are different cars.

They are all different cars. Haha. My point was that Lucid managed to build a car that drives more like an S class Mercedes than their own EQS.

They are all different cars. Haha. My point was that Lucid managed to build a car that drives more like an S class Mercedes than their own EQS.
Well, I have driven a new S Class and I think that my DE drives better. The S Class is very quiet and "cushy", The Lucid is not.

We have the GT with 19 inch wheels and in smooth mode it drives (to me) very much like an S class sedan and is certainly very quiet in my opinion.

I plan on buying 3 EVs in the next year all from different manufacturers. Just like I tell everybody here, it's your money buy whatever you want with it. I have decided that I am not going to buy an $80K plus Pure, if they ever offer it (Yes I have OG pricing and No, I did not lock in). That's my choice, I like Lucid, I love the tech talks, I can see them being successful and feel they will be. I have options and more mature software options are what I want...that's my choice.
So what are the 3 EVs all from different manufacturers that you plan on buying next year instead of a Lucid? And why them instead?

It's great tech for sure, but I have come to realize that I do not want to Beta test software. I have gone thru that and I want a luxurious refined car that has and does everything I need.
I don‘t think there is an EV that fits that category yet. The BMW hybrids might be a good fit.

So what are the 3 EVs all from different manufacturers that you plan on buying next year instead of a Lucid? And why them instead?
Yes I am curious as well....
1. Fisker Ocean (Wife wants)
2. 2024 Cadillac Lyriq (Replace Air for me)
#3 is still in the air for my son who gets his license soon. Maybe Tesla M3, I will start looking in 2023.

I am still torn on the Pure, I haven't canceled, but I am leaning that way. I wish we knew more about AWD specs. If decide to buy I wouldn't want SSP and depending on what AWD does I may not want that so I would be waiting even longer.

I picked the Cadillac because I know GM gives so much for your money and I know a place where I am guaranteed one. I feel the ride will be great, the options better, and the software more mature with carplay and Sirius XM. I know more about the specs and feel more confident with a mature brand. I know I am already going to have headaches with the Ocean, but that's what the wife wants. I have already owned a Fisker and know it can't be worse, HAHA. So my other car has to be solid and thus the Lyriq.

This is my choice and what I feel works for me. You have different criteria than me...that's why we have choices. In the end, I could possibly maybe buy the Pure depending on what it comes equipped with, range, and etc. It's hard to commit when we really don't know enough and they say they will start production this month, it's Q4 baby and I have heard 0.

It's hard to commit when we really don't know enough and they say they will start production this month, it's Q4 baby and I have heard 0.
This makes me laugh. You won't commit to a Pure due in next 6 months but you will commit to a Lyriq not due for another 2 years????

1. Fisker Ocean (Wife wants)
#3 is still in the air for my son who gets his license soon. Maybe Tesla M3, I will start looking in 2023.

I am still torn on the Pure, I haven't canceled, but I am leaning that way. I wish we knew more about AWD specs. If decide to buy I wouldn't want SSP and depending on what AWD does I may not want that so I would be waiting even longer.

I picked the Cadillac because I know GM gives so much for your money and I know a place where I am guaranteed one. I feel the ride will be great, the options better, and the software more mature with carplay and Sirius XM. I know more about the specs and feel more confident with a mature brand. I know I am already going to have headaches with the Ocean, but that's what the wife wants. I have already owned a Fisker and know it can't be worse, HAHA. So my other car has to be solid and thus the Lyriq.

This is my choice and what I feel works for me. You have different criteria than me...that's why we have choices. In the end, I could possibly maybe buy the Pure depending on what it comes equipped with, range, and etc. It's hard to commit when we really don't know enough and they say they will start production this month, it's Q4 baby and I have heard 0.
Yeah they don’t have any issues: https://insideevs.com/news/613289/cadillac-lyriq-gets-recalled-touchscreen-goes-black/

This makes me laugh. You won't commit to a Pure due in next 6 months but you will commit to a Lyriq not due for another 2 years????
I get one in 2023, a 2034 model. Maybe you have to wait 2 years. I do not have to wait. You do whatever you want with your money.

Does it bother you that I didn't pick Lucid? Really, this is your response. Do you really want to go there? How's your Carplay and XM radio? This is nonsense, you do whatever you want with your money and I am going to do whatever I want.
No, of course not. It bothers me that you seem to think GM “always delivers,” and will have less issues. They won’t! And that’s okay, for now; every EV manufacturer is having issues.

I totally agree you should do whatever you like with your money :)

No, of course not. It bothers me that you seem to think GM “always delivers,” and will have less issues. They won’t! And that’s okay, for now; every EV manufacturer is having issues.

I totally agree you should do whatever you like with your money :)
I know. I am not saying GM or anyone is perfect. I am just saying the Lyriq seems to fit for me and that is the route I am planning on going. My previous car was a GM, so I like the value, but I know nothing is perfect, but I have to weight my "Buying Criteria" and rank the cars.

I might end up with the Lyriq, drive it, flip it for the Pure if it ever hits the market because I want a fairly bare-bones version. Drive that, flip it, and then get another EV. I have no idea as I have to wait for whatever I pick. It's going to be a great decade! So many new EVs and advancements in tech.

I know. I am not saying GM or anyone is perfect. I am just saying the Lyriq seems to fit for me and that is the route I am planning on going. My previous car was a GM, so I like the value, but I know nothing is perfect, but I have to weight my "Buying Criteria" and rank the cars.

I might end up with the Lyriq, drive it, flip it for the Pure if it ever hits the market because I want a fairly bare-bones version. Drive that, flip it, and then get another EV. I have no idea as I have to wait for whatever I pick. It's going to be a great decade! So many new EVs and advancements in tech.
Agreed!

Curiously, the Ocean and Lyric are both mid size SUVs which are quite different from the Air. I'm surprised the Air is still a consideration considering your leanings.

Back