[SOLVED] Seat memory (not working) and profile information goofiness

I can restore in other brands.
Yes, and this is how my Tesla nearly crushed me several times as it misjudged who was driving and auto-switched my profile to my much smaller wife.

The fact this can't happen while driving to me in the Lucid is a huge comfort.

Yes, and this is how my Tesla nearly crushed me several times as it misjudged who was driving and auto-switched my profile to my much smaller wife.

The fact this can't happen while driving to me in the Lucid is a huge comfort.
Hearing this, I'm happy the way it is in Lucid then.

Service tech is here today (whohoo! whohoo!) and performed a "seat homing" to fix it. Basically said the seat kind of forgets where it's at physically so it can't restore properly. After doing the "seat homing" it seems to be working again.

Service tech is here today (whohoo! whohoo!) and performed a "seat homing" to fix it. Basically said the seat kind of forgets where it's at physically so it can't restore properly. After doing the "seat homing" it seems to be working again.
What did he do to preform the seat homing?

Oh… tell me more! Did it require his computer or could an owner do it himself?

I have no idea but I'll ask! Like pretty much every Lucid service tech, he's wonderfully patient, knowledgable, and generous with his time.

I took delivery on Saturday (12/17). I never really messed much with the profile settings or seat memory etc. because I set it up for myself and I'm the only driver.

However, I moved the seat and pushed the "Restore". Nothing happens. I fiddled with it multiple times - going back and forth, seeing what happens when you move from screen to screen etc. It lets you push the buttons - but doesn't do anything. It does restore mirror and steering wheel positions when you hit restore on them but doesn't do anything at all to the seat.

I figured - well - I can create a new profile and perhaps that profile will have a seat memory etc. that I can switch back and forth. I've done this on other vehicles where I create a profile for lounging - like being lazy instead of driving so it moves the seat back and reclines. Then when I want to drive - just change it back to my profile.

So I created a new profile - great, it created a new profile. This new profile had the seat way back. It took me an inordinate amount of time to figure out that the profile list only shows up in the dash by clicking the avatar (an entirely different subject). The only place the profiles show up is in that dash screen - not in the pilot panel under "profiles". Initially, switching between them did nothing - as in - clicking the alternate profile did not actually switch the profile. It wasn't until I was off the phone with tech support and videoing the situation for them (since I live so far from a studio and service) - that I finally was able to get the profile to switch. However - nothing happens. Seat stays in exact same position.

If anyone has had this situation it'd be nice to know. Perhaps there's a sensor that isn't working or they forgot to plug something in.

On a bright note - I got the SXM update and that works fine. I haven't been on the road with it so we'll see how it works in the real world.
I have that problem with seat positioning now and the service rep is replacing the seat as the electronics in the seat are not serviceable. As for SXM, the signal comes and goes at random intervals. I was told the problem is system wide and is being looked into from the Lucid side.

I have that problem with seat positioning now and the service rep is replacing the seat as the electronics in the seat are not serviceable. As for SXM, the signal comes and goes at random intervals. I was told the problem is system wide and is being looked into from the Lucid side.
I was able to resolve it in a rather strange way. Essentially, switch to the guest profile - check to see if seat memory works for that profile - then switch back. Has been fine ever since.

I was able to resolve it in a rather strange way. Essentially, switch to the guest profile - check to see if seat memory works for that profile - then switch back. Has been fine ever since.
Nice! Unfortunately that did not work for me. Had to resort to service.

Back