Software Version 2.8.7

With every delivery of robustness the software count moves forward towards 3.0 and that makes me happy. That gives me hope that in future we'll get to something greater that can create a "Halo" around my Air Grand Touring.
 
Took my Air Touring out for a long ride, LA to La Quinta yesterday and HFD did not make many appearances after the update to 2.8.5.
 
Holy guacamole!! I just updated to 2.8.7 (only took 40 mins, not 2 hours, and the update prompt said it would take 40, not 2 hours, so not sure why that is).... MY IPHONE KEY DELAY IS GONE! I walk up to the car... the door handles present.... I get in and drive off. Praying the Lucid gods that this isn't a fluke and the fast iPhone key recognition is here to stay.

(iPhone 15 Pro, Lucid Air Touring 2026, iPhone in pocket)
 
It would be absurd if the Air didn't get Halo, there isn't much compute power involved in it at all. I'm hopeful.
 
After the update my hands free assist is randomly not showing up on my drive to and from work as usual.
 
Holy guacamole!! I just updated to 2.8.7 (only took 40 mins, not 2 hours, and the update prompt said it would take 40, not 2 hours, so not sure why that is).... MY IPHONE KEY DELAY IS GONE! I walk up to the car... the door handles present.... I get in and drive off. Praying the Lucid gods that this isn't a fluke and the fast iPhone key recognition is here to stay.

(iPhone 15 Pro, Lucid Air Touring 2026, iPhone in pocket)
Same here. It's been much better for the past few weeks (since 2.8.5 I think). Not 100%, but just about close enough. I didn't say anything at first because I've been fooled by coincidence before, but so far it's looking good.
 
After the update my hands free assist is randomly not showing up on my drive to and from work as usual.
What are the symptoms? Does Drive Assit engage at all or do you lose just some functionality (e.g. lane centering)?
 
Just started installing 2.8.7 and I am evidently getting a metric tonne of robustness because the car claims 1h49m to install.
 
he's getting a combination of robustness and robustity...
New owner here.. (6 weeks) Are these updates sometimes extra slow? Have good WiFi in the garage, but after almost 2 hours I'm at 14%. Did 2 other updates that were pretty quick. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere today. The update notice said 1:49 update time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DDX
Happy ending to the above story... it started to speed up and finished after 2:15. Whew! Still, seemed to be a really slow update. Live and learn.
 
I just update this morning to 2.8.7. The estimate was for 1+49 min and it took 1+35. Everything was robust afterwards
 
mine is ready and I' anxious to install it, but with my car parked at the airport waiting for me to return, I can't do it. breaks my rule of no updates while on the road :-( . I'm sure it'll be fine but on the off chance that my car gets borked, it would be a major hassle as opposed to an inconvenience if the car's in the driveway. looking forward to the robustness!
 
Not sure if there's any more room in there for robustness. I'm guessing if my car gets much more robust, it's going to start oozing robustness and leaving a trail on the road behind me like a James Bond oil slick
 
Back
Top