Software Engineer

Scott in AZ

Cars
Gt White Mojave
NEWARK, Calif., Aug. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCID), setting new standards with the longest-range, fastest-charging electric car on the market with the award-winning Lucid Air, today announced the appointment of Derrick Carty as Vice President of Platform Software Engineering, reporting directly to Michael Bell, Lucid's Senior Vice President of Digital. In this newly created role, Mr. Carty will lead Platform Software Engineering encompassing ADAS, Audio, CoreOS/Android Framework, Embedded Software, Controls Platform, AUTOSAR and Systems Architecture. Mr. Carty brings decades of global experience in software development and user interface expertise to Lucid, including 23 years with Apple, and most recently as a consultant for Lucid's Infotainment Software team.
Sounds to me like a very good move!
Scott

I hope this is good news. Too soon to tell, really. The key note I see above that might cause a bit of tempered enthusiasm is that he was a "consultant" for Lucid's current Infotainment Software team.

This is very good news. Derrick is absolutely the best in the world. That is not hyperbole. I only wish he could have been even more involved earlier.

Back