Software 3.3.20 Update

Unsure if this was previously posted somewhere else.

IMG_0075.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0076.webp
    IMG_0076.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 116
I think someone asked about the Sanctuary videos. I have 3.3.20 since Saturday and car is parked on WIFI since then .. I still only have one video there ... the one with the waves.
 
How long did that take? We are waiting for our service appointment until the beginning of January because they think we just need an upgraded pad. But I am not convinced they won't just replace the whole wheel.
The car was only in service for a couple of days for this and a couple other issues.
 
@NerviG:

There is only one AFAIK, the one with the waves. Sort of. There are three menus within Sanctuary mode:

  • one is called "Lucid Spaces." This is the one with the "Viridian" waves film. It's the only choice here and has been from the start, at least in my vehicle. The Joshua tree thing they teased in some of the marketing materials has not actually ever been available.
  • one is called "Wellbeing." It has three movies within it. They are sort of guided meditations.
  • one is called "Discover" and has two movies. One is an intro to Gravity, and the other is a marketing thing IIRC.
 
Unsure if this was previously posted somewhere else.

View attachment 35220
This has been an issue for some for a while now. There's a couple ways to work around and stop the sound, but it does suck that it was not fixed in this update.
 
This has been an issue for some for a while now. There's a couple ways to work around and stop the sound, but it does suck that it was not fixed in this update.
Second sceenshot in my post was Nick Twork noting “We are aware of the issue and working on a fix for the next software update.”

Also noted when reporting errors to the email box “Yes, please add date and time as close as possible and VIN to the email. This helps our team diagnose issues”
 
@NerviG:

There is only one AFAIK, the one with the waves. Sort of. There are three menus within Sanctuary mode:

  • one is called "Lucid Spaces." This is the one with the "Viridian" waves film. It's the only choice here and has been from the start, at least in my vehicle. The Joshua tree thing they teased in some of the marketing materials has not actually ever been available.
  • one is called "Wellbeing." It has three movies within it. They are sort of guided meditations.
  • one is called "Discover" and has two movies. One is an intro to Gravity, and the other is a marketing thing IIRC.
Yeah there is no "Wellbeing" anymore.
 
I noticed something different with the splash screen this evening.

Since installing the update on Monday, when I unlock the car and open the door, I see the splash screen as I'm entering, if the car has been idle and locked for a 3 or more hours.
Less than 3 hours, no splash screen.
I open the door and as I'm entering, the screens come on.
Let the fun begin.

This evening, after unlocking the car, instead of opening the door, I looked through the window at the screens.
The splash screen appeared and stayed on. And the car has been idle and locked for less than an hour.
I didn't open the door.
I waited to see how long the splash screen would stay on.
I did this because I vaguely recall someone posting that the splash screen appears during a boot/start-up process.
The update release notes just say "for a better entry experience".
I thought perhaps the screen was frozen.

I waited for five minutes; splash sceen still on.
I knew the car would automatically lock at the 10 minute mark, so I waited.
The door auto-locked at the 10 minute mark, but the splash screen stayed on.
I wasn't totally surprised because the car has auto-locked on me before while checking for damp areas after washing, and the screens stayed on.

After the auto-lock, I unlocked the car again and opened the door.
The splash screen went away and the main and pilot screens immediately came on.

Tried again an hour later, but this time entering after unlocking, as usual.
Splash screen came on, I waited a few seconds, then opened the door; all screens immediately came on.
So my splash screen seems to stay on until I open the door.

I kinda like it because I do like the look of the splash screen.


Excuse the reflection across the left side screen from the ceiling space.
splashscreen.webp
 
First drive on update. Screens turned on immediately. Haven't seen anything else new yet but I didn't really have problems before.


Because of what was posted about charging problems here I stopped at a Tesla super charger just to see. I only ever tried once before when I got the car for proof of concept and had no issue. Immediate plug and charge on that prior trial.

This time it would not charge and keep telling me to unplug and plug in the cable. Did it 10 times and never got it to work.

Maybe this is wrong type of station (I always charge at home and don't know the particulars) or else the soft broke the charging. Will try at home and report back.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251218_004439072.webp
    PXL_20251218_004439072.webp
    841.5 KB · Views: 111
First drive on update. Screens turned on immediately. Haven't seen anything else new yet but I didn't really have problems before.


Because of what was posted about charging problems here I stopped at a Tesla super charger just to see. I only ever tried once before when I got the car for proof of concept and had no issue. Immediate plug and charge on that prior trial.

This time it would not charge and keep telling me to unplug and plug in the cable. Did it 10 times and never got it to work.

Maybe this is wrong type of station (I always charge at home and don't know the particulars) or else the soft broke the charging. Will try at home and report back.

Those are the newer style cabinets that should work but not all Superchargers are open to non-Tesla vehicles. Did you find it from the navigation or just knew it was there?
 
Those are the newer style cabinets that should work but not all Superchargers are open to non-Tesla vehicles. Did you find it from the navigation or just knew it was there?
Happen to see it right next to kids activity and wanted to just try. That's why I'm commenting that am not educated on which chargers work or not.
 
Happen to see it right next to kids activity and wanted to just try. That's why I'm commenting that am not educated on which chargers work or not.
As RandomDesign noted, some older superchargers are only compatible with Teslas, and some of the newer ones are reserved only for Tesla use and won’t work with other vehicles. Tough to say if the was the charger or the vehicle without knowing what charger it was
 
Happen to see it right next to kids activity and wanted to just try. That's why I'm commenting that am not educated on which chargers work or not.

The in car navigation should only send you to compatible ones, otherwise you can check in the Tesla app or here https://www.tesla.com/findus for the address. The icons that have a lightning bolt are Tesla only, the ones that are the NACS connector are open to non-Tesla vehicles.
 
The in car navigation should only send you to compatible ones, otherwise you can check in the Tesla app or here https://www.tesla.com/findus for the address. The icons that have a lightning bolt are Tesla only, the ones that are the NACS connector are open to non-Tesla vehicles.
ABRP and Tesla site indicate it should work with non-tesla. This was not the charging station in my prior n =1 charging experiment.
 
I think someone asked about the Sanctuary videos. I have 3.3.20 since Saturday and car is parked on WIFI since then .. I still only have one video there ... the one with the waves.
Same for me. Installed update this morning and only have the waves.
 
ABRP and Tesla site indicate it should work with non-tesla. This was not the charging station in my prior n =1 charging experiment.
Interesting. And have you added a payment method in your Lucid wallet? Plug and Charge only works if you've done that, maybe that's why?
 
Interesting. And have you added a payment method in your Lucid wallet? Plug and Charge only works if you've done that, maybe that's why?

Yes. I did this when I got the car and charged one time at a Tesla. Worked immediately.
 
Happen to see it right next to kids activity and wanted to just try. That's why I'm commenting that am not educated on which chargers work or not.
Might check PlugShare. They are pretty good at pointing out which SCs are open to non-Teslas.
 
Back
Top