Soft reset not enough to reset sensors

Volund

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
So today I drove over to the Salt flats in Wendover Nevada.

Had a great time and even though the car didn't get very dirty, I got sensor blockage warnings and was unable to use HA/AC, nothing worked. Just said sensor fault.

I did a few logo soft resets and nothing worked. Son was sleeping tin the back seat and so I didn't want to evacuate the car and do a hard reset (I tried that last year and car didn't hard reset until everyone was out of the car)

I had to drive home without the sensors working, and after I got home, hard resetting the car worked.

Soft reset should really also reset or reboot the sensors or there needs to be an easier way to do that. Not even having cruise control without any sensors (just maintain speed) was a bit frustrating

Or if anyone knows a sure fire way to do a hard reset quickly/easily without exiting the car and not being dangerous to the car, would love to test some methods for the future.

I posted about something similar a while back
Post in thread 'Reset while driving' https://lucidowners.com/threads/reset-while-driving.7310/post-173333

Last edited:
The logo reset only reboots the infotainment system. The only way to do a "hard" reset is to exit the vehicle.

I am not sure if the "nuke" reset also resets only the infotainment or more than just that.

Back