SiriusXM Megathread

Does it do better when you are on Wi-Fi? It seems to do very well for me sitting in the garage. One on LTE it’s more iffy. I wish the car would let me use my own phone as the cellular source because we have good 5G Ultrawide here. I suspect LTE maybe the issue due to how much data the car wants.
The only reason that this doesn’t make sense to me is that the Amazon Music works just fine (except for that pesky Atmos issue). So I doubt it’s bandwidth related, and more likely it’s just a beta issue.

Well, I might be too harsh as I am not sure, philosophically, that there is such thing as a “failed Beta”. They definitely should be learning something from it for their next update. Whatever it is, “SiriusXM” is just a non-functional logo on my screen. I will try it agin after the next update.
I’ve often wondered if they should have an early beta group… feedback required… for updates. Owners that truly understand the process and are more interested in helping facilitate the process than criticizing early release troubles. Some folks have more of a stomach for issues than others.

I’ve often wondered if they should have an early beta group… feedback required… for updates. Owners that truly understand the process and are more interested in helping facilitate the process that criticizing early release troubles. Some folks have more of a stomach for issues than others.
Absolutely 100% agree - and not everyone is capable/trained to analyze issues, either. But then again, Elon would apparently beg to differ… 😂

I am sure there are many issues driving that decision. One such would be variability of how these cars are handling the update. It appears that it might work in some, might be rectified in others more permanently with a certain type of reset and others not so much at all. It might be the case that they need to see it more broadly. In any case, that has not been their approach and they need to deal with that accordingly.

You know what they say about hindsight….

Tbh, I’ve lost my favorites once but apart from that the app has been pretty solid for a beta release.

Have had a few drop outs but nothing like the app not working for days as reported in here

There are less unknown than deploying massive UX20. I’m sure they have a little test group before this release, not feeling it’s as sensitive or catastrophic to them like Highway Assist feature. It looks like they have a train to catch to keep deploying improvements.

I used the @Bobby reset and it worked perfectly. It also fixed my GPS to boot! I adamantly believe Lucid should call this the "Bobby Reset."

Thanks!
I’ll gladly provide my address for the royalty checks. Will also settle for a free Gravity.

“Bobby Reset” only temporary. My SiriusXM crapped out again last night. I am not going to perform a reset every time I get in the car.

The reset lasted one drive. I am waiting for the update before trying again.
Ditto ... me too ...

Yes. I've also seen that if you start on WiFi but then drive out of range and it switches to cellular, it disconnects and dies. Bobby ResetTM always works to revive for me so far.

I'm doing things like making sure I always switch to a different audio source in my garage and only go to SXM-Beta once I'm out of range (hoping/assuming I have adequate cell service to use it).

Yes. I've also seen that if you start on WiFi but then drive out of range and it switches to cellular, it disconnects and dies. Bobby ResetTM always works to revive for me so far.

I'm doing things like making sure I always switch to a different audio source in my garage and only go to SXM-Beta once I'm out of range (hoping/assuming I have adequate cell service to use it).
I always start with XM in my garage with WiFi and then drive off as it switches to Cellular. It always works for me. I have had it cut out when I’m out and about when on cellular. I’ve tried connecting to my phone’s hotspot in that case, but the sound does not come back.

I have not had to do a Bobby Reset for some time now. Still on 2.0.33. I am wondering if the problems were in part on the server side of things -- SXM may have had to make changes on their side. So for me, much more reliable now and no change in Lucid software. Anyone else experience this?

I have not had to do a Bobby Reset for some time now. Still on 2.0.33. I am wondering if the problems were in part on the server side of things -- SXM may have had to make changes on their side. So for me, much more reliable now and no change in Lucid software. Anyone else experience this?

Same here, agree probably server authorizing free trial.

My XM started working again with 2.0.35
It does seem to be working better but still has a few bugs. If I lose the data connection. it does not always start playing again. It has gotten stuck a few times and changing stations seems to fix that.

All-in-all, getting better.

Does it do better when you are on Wi-Fi? It seems to do very well for me sitting in the garage. One on LTE it’s more iffy. I wish the car would let me use my own phone as the cellular source because we have good 5G Ultrawide here. I suspect LTE maybe the issue due to how much data the car wants.
Bobby, please repost your "Bobby Reset" process. Thx

Bobby, please repost your "Bobby Reset" process. Thx
Switch profile to Guest (tap icon at top left of upper right screen). After it loads, switch back to your profile. Some say wait 2 minutes in between switches

Back