SiriusXM Megathread

Where I drive Sirius drops out, with the message "no internet available...searching for signal" Then I switch to Spotify and it works just fine. Why does Spotify have connectivity when Sirius can't seem to find it?

Where I drive Sirius drops out, with the message "no internet available...searching for signal" Then I switch to Spotify and it works just fine. Why does Spotify have connectivity when Sirius can't seem to find it?
Beta software

Spotify has been one shining star as far as apps are concerned on the Lucid. It has always worked for me - and I have lived through V1.0 of the software. The one thing that stopped working for me is Alexa control of Spotify that stopped working a few updates back. Believe it or not, that had worked in v1.0. I was always able to skip by saying "Alexa, skip this song" OR "Alexa, skip this". That no longer works. Alexa now tells me that it cannot do that on this stream (whatever that means).

Getting the same no internet access for the past few days. Sirius used to work great before that. No new update to my software

My SiriusXM stopped working altogether a few days ago and has not come back since. I have given up on it and have just been listening to one playlist on Tidal, but I am getting a bit bored with it.

Beta or not, it doesn’t work.

My SiriusXM stopped working altogether a few days ago and has not come back since. I have given up on it and have just been listening to one playlist on Tidal, but I am getting a bit bored with it.

That stinks. They really need to add the satellite version of SiriusXM. It is not that hard and always should have been standard like every other car.

Mine goes off and on very randomly in the same locations that I have driven to, so must be something buggy in the beta versions we have.

Can’t add the ”satellite” version without a hardware change. The car does not have the right antenna.

It is a Beta version, or has been for the months it has been available. I really hope a software update can make it better, but the pure nature of it being reliant on cell data coverage makes a real “fix” unlikely.

I am in the NC mountains this weekend at my lake house with some friends from college, spending time in Blowing Rock and a few state parks in the area and, let’s just say, I really have been having to “discuss the shortcomings” of Lucid with some of the questions I m getting.

Am I the only one that prefers the cell based sirius XM? The web based version has so many more channels that I like, and once the free trial is over, it’s also half the subscription cost. ive had it for years on my cars and since getting the lucid, I adjusted my subscription to just the online version (use it at work a lot). You can get a. Promotional rate every year just like the cable company so I, paying 5 bucks and change a month. I guess I’d feel differently if I lived in an area with sparse cell coverage though

Beta or not, it doesn’t work

Am I the only one that prefers the cell based sirius XM? The web based version has so many more channels that I like, and once the free trial is over, it’s also half the subscription cost. ive had it for years on my cars and since getting the lucid, I adjusted my subscription to just the online version (use it at work a lot). You can get a. Promotional rate every year just like the cable company so I, paying 5 bucks and change a month. I guess I’d feel differently if I lived in an area with sparse cell coverage though
The sound is also better.

That stinks. They really need to add the satellite version of SiriusXM. It is not that hard and always should have been standard like every other car.
Tesla Model 3 and Y don’t have it.

Can’t add the ”satellite” version without a hardware change. The car does not have the right antenna.

It is a Beta version, or has been for the months it has been available. I really hope a software update can make it better, but the pure nature of it being reliant on cell data coverage makes a real “fix” unlikely.

I am in the NC mountains this weekend at my lake house with some friends from college, spending time in Blowing Rock and a few state parks in the area and, let’s just say, I really have been having to “discuss the shortcomings” of Lucid with some of the questions I m getting.
Or you can have this in your back seat and never lose internet connection.

I use and want both streaming and satellite versions. The satellite version works much better here in Houston due to cell data dead spots.

Switch profile to Guest (tap icon at top left of upper right screen). After it loads, switch back to your profile. Some say wait 2 minutes in between switches
OS is great but my Sirius isn’t loading says it can’t connect; I tried the Bobby fix multiple times and didn’t work. I have a hard wired mess hub in my garage above my car so solid wifi and I’ve tried it outside my garage in direct sky view….nothing. So now I’m dying for the next update which who knows when that will be!

OS is great but my Sirius isn’t loading says it can’t connect; I tried the Bobby fix multiple times and didn’t work. I have a hard wired mess hub in my garage above my car so solid wifi and I’ve tried it outside my garage in direct sky view….nothing. So now I’m dying for the next update which who knows when that will be!
Same here after the latest OTA software update. Spoke to CS and was informed that they are moving out of beta to launch the subscription model, hence the reason why it (SiriusXM) was disabled.

Same here after the latest OTA software update. Spoke to CS and was informed that they are moving out of beta to launch the subscription model, hence the reason why it (SiriusXM) was disabled.
Did they happen to mention when?

Sirius is working in my car, so I’m not convinced CS is giving you accurate information.

Sometimes changing to another Sirius station and back again helps, or to AM/FM then back again. I don’t think Sirius is very good at continuing to look for a signal. It seems to give up too easily.

I prefer the cell based version also. They just need to buffer the station more to compensate for areas where cell coverage drops in and out.

Back