SiriusXM issues

Talk2Tony

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
Hello,
I've been a SiriusXM subscriber since around 2006 and recently encountered a serious issue when trying to transfer my lifetime subscription. It seems that there's a problem with the interface between Lucid and Sirius, and neither party is taking responsibility for it. As a result, certain features like Favorites keep changing in subscribers' accounts. Additionally, I've noticed that I'm able to see other users' accounts, including their names when I attempt to log out and log back in. This is concerning, and I have photos and a video documenting this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any information on how to resolve it? Thank you.
Thx
Tony V.

I have never heard or encountered your problem, but lifetime subscriptions can only be transferred to SiriusXM satellite devices and not software based systems like Lucid’s. This is per the terms of the Lifetime agreement. So if for some reason they “performed” the transfer to your Lucid, maybe this has caused your problem.

Last edited:
Hi
Thx for your info but as you can imagine I have been dealing with the lifetime subscription issues for quite a while. Sirius is always trying to find ways around it. However a class action suit was filed and Sirius was required to pay compensation to us Lifetimers for charging us for vehicle transfers in the past. In my conversations they acknowledged this. According to Sirius Support this is not causing the issue. So far in one month my car has had at least 3 different esn# all belonging and previously registeerd to other owners.

Hello,
I've been a SiriusXM subscriber since around 2006 and recently encountered a serious issue when trying to transfer my lifetime subscription. It seems that there's a problem with the interface between Lucid and Sirius, and neither party is taking responsibility for it. As a result, certain features like Favorites keep changing in subscribers' accounts. Additionally, I've noticed that I'm able to see other users' accounts, including their names when I attempt to log out and log back in. This is concerning, and I have photos and a video documenting this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any information on how to resolve it? Thank you.
Thx
Tony V.
That is the first I've heard of that issue. The Lucid has had a habit of losing my favorites in the past and sometimes not finding signal in the past. But that's about it, and that doesn't come close to your problem.

I do not have a favorites issue with Siriusxm in my Lucid. But I do get lots of “dead” spots where Sirius wont connect. Sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes to connect.

Hi
I have heard that complaint as well but I seem to be ok with that in my area, although it’s only been a month and with the other issue I may not have given my full attention

Hi
Thx for your info but as you can imagine I have been dealing with the lifetime subscription issues for quite a while. Sirius is always trying to find ways around it. However a class action suit was filed and Sirius was required to pay compensation to us Lifetimers for charging us for vehicle transfers in the past. In my conversations they acknowledged this. According to Sirius Support this is not causing the issue. So far in one month my car has had at least 3 different esn# all belonging and previously registeerd to other owners.
I think part of the issue is that the lifetime subscription only works for cars... And I mean cars with a Sirius XM radio. Our cars don't have that. So, the Lucid vehicle and the subscription reside somewhere between a streaming account and a Sirius XM vehicle subscription. At least that's why I was told favorites don't transfer etc

Thx
I am pretty sure that is not the case, I have transferred my account to at least 10 cars everything from Mercedes to Range Rover to my recent VW ID.4

But don't all of those vehicles have physical Serious XM radios? Lucid does not

No, not for a while now 2017 on

Thx
I am pretty sure that is not the case, I have transferred my account to at least 10 cars everything from Mercedes to Range Rover to my recent VW ID.4
I think all of those vehicles had/have satellite antennae. As said previously, Lucid does not. Sirius simply is not telling you that this particular transfer is not possible. What they might need to do is "gift" you the streaming platform Lucid worked out with them for our vehicles. I have the identical situation and had to decide whether to purchase the streaming option or simply do without. I have chosen to go without, for now. :-(

Thx
Actually, it was not wrong. You cannot transfer a radio-based subscription to the Lucid. I tried.

They did mention that, proposing some type of credit every month. The actually discovered this other issue while doing that. They claim that this is a separate issue they will deal with after solving the rolling ID#s.

Actually, it was not wrong. You cannot transfer a radio-based subscription to the Lucid. I tried.
I did not claim it was radio-based, that was another member. Maybe it’s because of this issue that you too are having difficulty.

You said:
Thx
... which references cars with satellite antennas. SiriusXM allows transfers from one to the other, and I have done in the past. You were implying that therefore you should be able to transfer to your Lucid. Your Lucid is not radio based, it is Internet based and therefore they did not allow such transfers.

You then said:
I did not claim it was radio-based, that was another member. Maybe it’s because of this issue that you too are having difficulty.
I'm not exactly sure what you meant here. I am not having any difficulty with it at all. Therefore, I'm starting to think that the second sentence was meant to be rude. Please let me know if I'm reading it wrong, as it is sometimes difficult to determine "tone"on the Internet. If indeed you meant it as some sort of rude remark to one of the moderators, I will caution you against that in the future. Cheers!

You are reading it wrong, my suggestion was an attempt to help you diagnose your issue by suggesting we both may be suffering from the same software glitch.

You are reading it wrong, my suggestion was an attempt to help you diagnose your issue by suggesting we both may be suffering from the same software glitch.
No issue here, using satellite through CarPlay!

Bobby, I watched your great video “Home Screen and Audio” from over a year ago, in it you mention that your favorites change and you do not know why suggesting that it's probably a software glitch. This is a symptom of the issue I am questioning. The reasons the favorites change is be causing they are another users favorites.

That is the first I've heard of that issue. The Lucid has had a habit of losing my favorites in the past and sometimes not finding signal in the past. But that's about it, and that doesn't come close to your problem.
Hi
The “Habit”of losing your favorites is a symptom of this issue, you are “losing your favorites” because they are being replaced by the favorites of another customer. If you check your Sirius ID or ESN you will see that they constantly change. I have recorded at least three in one month. (most likely many more since I do not check it every time I enter the car) my concern is what other data may be leaking through and who is responsible?

Back