Sirius

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctonylee

Picked up my GT today. Great experience. Of course, I was bitching about no Sirius. I asked him should I just go get it installed. He advised that I don't do that. Said this was the number one complaint. Told me that the app would be in the next OTA update. He asked me to wait a month before I had some tech guy digging around trying to install Sirius on a brand-new Lucid Air GT. Hope he's right!

Yeah, I suspected if anything it was going to come via an App built into the car using the cars internet connection vs having the antenna installed.

You will have SiriusXM radio, but not Satellite radio. This means if you lose cell/data signal, you still lose SiriusXM.

So, if II go to the mountains in this car and my wife is behind me in any of the other cars we own and we are both listening to SiriusXM, the Lucid will constantly lose signal, whereas any other car we own will, most likely, not.

You will have SiriusXM radio, but not Satellite radio. This means if you lose cell/data signal, you still lose SiriusXM.

So, if II go to the mountains in this car and my wife is behind me in any of the other cars we own and we are both listening to SiriusXM, the Lucid will constantly lose signal, whereas any other car we own will, most likely, not.
So I am not a big fan of Sirius Radio although I had it on all my cars for the past number of years. When I would drive my Panamera over to Santa Cruz through the mountains I would lose the "satellite" connection multiple times. I'd much rather be able to listen to my 1500+ Dolby Atmos recordings on a USB stick once Lucid fixes the connection to be able to do this.

Picked up my GT today. Great experience. Of course, I was bitching about no Sirius. I asked him should I just go get it installed. He advised that I don't do that. Said this was the number one complaint. Told me that the app would be in the next OTA update. He asked me to wait a month before I had some tech guy digging around trying to install Sirius on a brand-new Lucid Air GT. Hope he's right!
Let’s hope he is right. An app is better than nothing.

Bottom line, we really should have been able to do all of these options.

That’s great news, tidal is difficult to navigate, not sure if I can hear any improvement in sound

Lucid Motors and @SIRIUSXM announced today that SiriusXM’s audio entertainment experience will be a standard feature across the full lineup of Lucid vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back