Side Mirror folding and Traffic Jam Assist

Leighb

Cars
Lucid Touring
DE Number
Just got my new Air Touring and I am puzzled about a couple of things. My husband hogs the big space in our garage so I have to reverse part way using the side mirrors and then fold the side mirrors to actually get all the way out of the garage, then open them again to back into the street. I can't figure out how to do that without putting the car in park, going through 2 screens to fold them, then putting it in reverse and going through same exercise again. I just read the entire owner's manual and I don't see a short cut to close those side mirrors.

Second question- How do you activate Traffic Jam Assist?

Thank you!

Just got my new Air Touring and I am puzzled about a couple of things. My husband hogs the big space in our garage so I have to reverse part way using the side mirrors and then fold the side mirrors to actually get all the way out of the garage, then open them again to back into the street. I can't figure out how to do that without putting the car in park, going through 2 screens to fold them, then putting it in reverse and going through same exercise again. I just read the entire owner's manual and I don't see a short cut to close those side mirrors.

Thank you!
No reason to put it in park. Just tap the X at the upper left corner of the Pilot Panel to turn off the camera and then tap the folding mirrors button.

...How do you activate Traffic Jam Assist?...
By reading the manual on page 100, my understanding is:

1) First, turn on your Highway Assist.
2) Then when the speed is under 43 MPH, and there's no lane, but there's a car in front leading the way, Traffic Jam Assist will follow the car in front with no lanes needed.

Thus, it sounds like the feature that Tesla calls "Platooning," where you only need one driver to lead the way, and the rest of the vehicles following don't need the attention of those drivers, or they don't need drivers in those vehicles that follow the first one.

Other brands imply "Traffic Jam Assist" as an L3 autonomy when the machine takes over the driving responsibility while it's on highway operation at the maximum speed of 37 MPH and Mercedes would assume responsibility if its system collides with an obstacle during an L3 operation. Speed over 37 MPH would become L2 and Mercedes would not assume any responsibility for any collision during manual driving or L2 operation.

Last edited:

Thank you!
I basically have the same problem. I park underneath a lift and I need to fold the mirrors in order to back out of the garage. Anyone know of a way to prevent the mirrors from unfolding when you unlock the car?

I basically have the same problem. I park underneath a lift and I need to fold the mirrors in order to back out of the garage. Anyone know of a way to prevent the mirrors from unfolding when you unlock the car?
Unfortunately , there is no method in the current software. This is on the wishlist at www.lucidupdates.com.

By reading the manual on page 100, my understanding is:

1) First, turn on your Highway Assist.
2) Then when the speed is under 43 MPH, and there's no lane, but there's a car in front leading the way, Traffic Jam Assist will follow the car in front with no lanes needed.
The manual is further along than the actual software, unfortunately.

I can see how this is very frustrating. But keep in mind that every car has some weird features/attributes that one might dislike. But what is important is to evaluate the car in its entirety compared with other cars in the same way.

I find folding the mirrors difficult. At low speeds, even when the button is available, clicking it generally doesn't work. If I stop moving entirely, I can get it to work. I complained to customer service a while ago. It's a software bug that I hope they get around to some day.

Back