Should I stay with 2.10 and my cccv1 or nice to upgrade and get the 2.11?

nz31tm

Member

Joined
Mar 11, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
16
I'm very leary on doing this. I have really no complaints with how things are in my 2024 air touring. Zero issues. Sure there's a slight lag at times, but worth 950$? I have zero issues with the software, and from multiple posts, 2.11 had some bugs. What's not broke, why fix. Not the same theory to consider, but...
I do love technology upgrades, but I'm starting to feel, regards the rush, and wait until 2.12 etc
 
I own, and didn't make the date cut.
Then wait a bit
But. If it goes to ver 2.11.x or higher then you may have reached a decision point
 
There's no harm in waiting. Lucid will fix the present UX3 bugs over time.
 
I just spent the last two days putting 600 miles on my Air and using 2.11. My view, it’s worth the upgrade for the multitasker ability alone. Being able to use navigation on one screen and audio on another is a major upgrade. I never liked having to switch back and forth between screens. It makes sense given the separate panels. I now feel like the screens are doing what they should have from the beginning. And the improved video is a bonus.
 
If you have no complaints then I'd say stick with what you've got.
 
If you are going to get rid of the car in the next year or two then why bother. However, if you are going to keep the car for a few more years you will get left behind if you don't upgrade. There will be further software upgrades that will most likely require you to be on 2.11.
 
I'm thinking of doing it sooner rather than later. I'm concerned that the price might increase and that some new feature I really want will come out.
 

I summarized what I felt to be the main additions of 3.0 in this video. I think if you're happy with the pre-2.11.0 software holding off on the upgrade seems like a reasonable choice. You'll skip some of the early bugs and you can wait until they add more features that are more appealing to you.
 
Google Places did make a huge difference for us - now we can navigate to trailheads, etc. Or we can at least navigate to a point close to them - even though the nav knows the intended destination, it still can't get you any closer to the correct point than its HERE maps road definitions can take you. It's a worthwhile half-step if you don't have access to actual Google Maps.
 

I summarized what I felt to be the main additions of 3.0 in this video. I think if you're happy with the pre-2.11.0 software holding off on the upgrade seems like a reasonable choice. You'll skip some of the early bugs and you can wait until they add more features that are more appealing to you.
Shane, did you have to reset and define all your connections? Key card, profile, Wi-Fi etc with the upgrade?
 
I'm thinking of doing it sooner rather than later. I'm concerned that the price might increase and that some new feature I really want will come out.
Yes, I forgot to say that that is a ridiculously low price to upgrade hardware in a luxury car. It seemed like a gift to Air owners...
 
Shane, did you have to reset and define all your connections? Key card, profile, Wi-Fi etc with the upgrade?
No, all your current profiles should maintain their existing connections and settings. You may have to reset your Carplay or Android Auto connections, but AFAIK that should be it.
 
I'm very leary on doing this. I have really no complaints with how things are in my 2024 air touring. Zero issues. Sure there's a slight lag at times, but worth 950$? I have zero issues with the software, and from multiple posts, 2.11 had some bugs. What's not broke, why fix. Not the same theory to consider, but...
I do love technology upgrades, but I'm starting to feel, regards the rush, and wait until 2.12 etc
Just wait. Give them a year to make it more robust. There are no real feature upgrades. It is just cosmetic.
 
Back
Top