Sentry Mode

DougB

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring Air Rawl
When will Lucid create and download a security system "Sentry Mode" that alerts (lights flash) and captures (video) a potential thief/vandal?

My personal guess with No insider info, when they can increase the size of the engineering team by a lot. I would guess 2 years, could be wrong. It took Tesla years, but it all comes down to priority and revenue.

I get envious of the Tesla's in my parking garage that have this feature. When walking by, you know it's active. I hope it is on their list.

I get envious of the Tesla's in my parking garage that have this feature. When walking by, you know it's active. I hope it is on their list.
I generally leave mine off, but I do love that most people now assume any Tesla is recording them, so they avoid touching my car in general.

My personal guess with No insider info, when they can increase the size of the engineering team by a lot. I would guess 2 years, could be wrong. It took Tesla years, but it all comes down to priority and revenue.
Works like a charm in the Rivian. Other than plugging in a usb C memory storage device it is totally seamless. A bit annoying with all the curious bystanders approaching to get a better look but the number of incidents will approach zero once the R1Ts loose their UFO sighting status.

I look forward to it. Without a doubt they have the necessary hardware to implement. I just wonder where the video will be maintained (probably accessed via the Lucid App)

I'd honestly prefer to have the security feature store the video on their cloud and I'd be happy to pay for a subscription for the storage.
The best case is Lucid can authenticate with my google account and then just dump the videos inside my google drive.

I'd honestly prefer to have the security feature store the video on their cloud and I'd be happy to pay for a subscription for the storage.
The best case is Lucid can authenticate with my google account and then just dump the videos inside my google drive.
It still needs to live somewhere until it can be uploaded. Video is large, and the car isn’t always connected. Some sort of on-board storage would be required to temporarily hold up to a few days of footage, at least.

It still needs to live somewhere until it can be uploaded. Video is large, and the car isn’t always connected. Some sort of on-board storage would be required to temporarily hold up to a few days of footage, at least.
I agree, but a USB stick is pretty small when it comes to disk size so it's not gonna help much and the Air seems to only have 2 USB connectors.

It'll require some kind of extender otherwise there won't be enough ports for charging. :(

I agree, but a USB stick is pretty small when it comes to disk size so it's not gonna help much and the Air seems to only have 2 USB connectors.

It'll require some kind of extender otherwise there won't be enough ports for charging. :(
They don’t have to be small: SanDisk 1TB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive - SDCZ880-1T00-GAM46 https://a.co/bgVSKgV

Also, there are four usb ports - two front, two back.

They don’t have to be small: SanDisk 1TB Extreme PRO USB 3.2 Solid State Flash Drive - SDCZ880-1T00-GAM46 https://a.co/bgVSKgV

Also, there are four usb ports - two front, two back.
Didn't realize there were 2 more in the back! Type C?
Anyways, I'm happy to get a SSD for local storage once the feature is available.

And I do hope there's a cloud storage option.
One of the thing I hate about Tesla is I have to unplug the USB stick immediately when someone hit me or I'll lose the footage.

Didn't realize there were 2 more in the back! Type C?
Anyways, I'm happy to get a SSD for local storage once the feature is available.

And I do hope there's a cloud storage option.
One of the thing I hate about Tesla is I have to unplug the USB stick immediately when someone hit me or I'll lose the footage.
Yep! Two usb-c in the back, one usb-c and one usb-a in the front.

Yep! Two usb-c in the back, one usb-c and one usb-a in the front.
Hahaha just checked and I did saw 2 more.
It looks like it's intended for people to charge in the back?

Anyways, I'll probably figure something out when the time comes.

Any news for Sentry Mode on the Air?🧐

Rivian had "Gear Guard," a type of sentry mode, at launch. Frankly, I doubt that this is something that current Lucid Airs can be upgraded to support without some kind of hardware upgrade. The cameras are there, and and proximity sensors may be there, but the data storage, and a means to access the stored data is not.

Rivian had "Gear Guard," a type of sentry mode, at launch. Frankly, I doubt that this is something that current Lucid Airs can be upgraded to support without some kind of hardware upgrade. The cameras are there, and and proximity sensors may be there, but the data storage, and a means to access the stored data is not.
Teslas require a thumb drive to store the data. But you are right; without the USB ports having access to the computer, you can’t even do that with the Air. Unless the data limitation on the USB ports of the Air is in software. In that case, they could open the ports and let you store the data that way.

Back