• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

Selling my Lucid - Southern California

kevind.lucid

I have an early 2020 reservation for a Lucid Air Touring that is now ready for production. Most of the prices seen on my reservation including both upgrades are cheaper than what they are now asking.
If anyone wants to buy this vehicle after I order and receive it, please let me know. I can still upgrade or change the paint and interior color.
I'm not looking for massive profit, perhaps just a sale price the justifies the effort and time to find the right buyer for this car.

Let me know if anyone is interested!
cheers

Attachments

• lucid.png
    lucid.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 203
I have an early 2020 reservation for a Lucid Air Touring that is now ready for production. Most of the prices seen on my reservation including both upgrades are cheaper than what they are now asking.
If anyone wants to buy this vehicle after I order and receive it, please let me know. I can still upgrade or change the paint and interior color.
I'm not looking for massive profit, perhaps just a sale price the justifies the effort and time to find the right buyer for this car.

Let me know if anyone is interested!
cheers
Buying a used car = EV no tax credit
No Electrify America free charging for 3 years

so losing those benefits, I don't understand why anyone would pay MRSP for that when they could just wait 1-3 months and have it delivered?
The EV tax credit itself is questionable, which might be the only thing worth it (IF you can even get it)
But getting it used will 100% guarantee you don't get the credit.

So I don't know if you're really going to have a lot of interest... Personally speaking, and I still have my Touring Reservation, that doesn't really entice me

Honestly you're probably better off just sacrificing the $1000 deposit.
If you don’t want the car it is probably best to cancel the order. There are quite a few Lucid’s available in the resale market. I think we are going to see a period of high depreciation until Lucid gets production up and releases a significant software upgrade with UI improvements Carplay etc. Lucid needs to get quality issues sorted. A year ago I got a lot of excited questions about the car, now I’m starting to get “have you had many problems” as a question more often than I would like.

If you don’t want the car it is probably best to cancel the order. There are quite a few Lucid’s available in the resale market. I think we are going to see a period of high depreciation until Lucid gets production up and releases a significant software upgrade with UI improvements Carplay etc. Lucid needs to get quality issues sorted. A year ago I got a lot of excited questions about the car, now I’m starting to get “have you had many problems” as a question more often than I would like.
When it comes to software and hiccups, it's understandable and usually not a deal breaker or a big problem..
What we really need is clear defined reset or reboot options that really would allow us to reset if something malfunctioned.

This whole, "hey wifey, we gotta run inside the store about 1/5 of a mile from the EA charging station because we need to be away from the car for it to reboot"

Wife so far is not very happy of not only the small malfunctions, but how tedious and ridiculously meticulous the reboot sequences are.

Hi, folks. I need to make a decision this week about whether to go ahead with my purchase of an Air Touring (at the old price, since my reservation was made a year ago). If you were in my shoes, would you pull the trigger on a purchase again? Also, anyone having any issues with the paint finish (e.g. , dulling, chips, scratches, swirling marks from polishing, etc.)? Thanks. Much appreciated.

Hi, folks. I need to make a decision this week about whether to go ahead with my purchase of an Air Touring (at the old price, since my reservation was made a year ago). If you were in my shoes, would you pull the trigger on a purchase again? Also, anyone having any issues with the paint finish (e.g. , dulling, chips, scratches, swirling marks from polishing, etc.)? Thanks. Much appreciated.

No issues with fit and finish. Had PPF and ceramic and the detailer didn’t see any defects.

The vehicle is incredible . Puts a big fat smile on my face every time I drive it. Go forward , totally worth it!!!

Only have had it for a few days now, and absolutely would do it again.

I will also say after having the massage seats and nicer materials of the agt.
Not a deal breaker at all, and I would totally be happy with a Touring

Also I think the acceleration is only like a 0.6 second difference

You are also forgetting the 100 miles of range difference...

Thanks, Volund. I hear you on the AGT, but with a base price of $154,000 vs. my reserve price of $104,500 ($95,000 + $9,500 for Surreal Sound, Glass Canopy), I can't justify the additional $50,000 (I'm not interested in the Dream Drive Pro). Thanks for your thumbs up on the car. So, the reboot issue you mentioned in an earlier post is tolerable, all other factors considered?

Thanks, hydbob. The extra range would be nice, but not enough of an advantage for me to justify spending the additional $50,000 over my reserve price on the AT.

No issues with fit and finish. Had PPF and ceramic and the detailer didn’t see any defects.

The vehicle is incredible . Puts a big fat smile on my face every time I drive it. Go forward , totally worth it!!!
Thanks, stratus. Great to hear you've had a good experience so far. I'm beginning to understand that PPF and ceramic are must haves for this car.

Thanks, stratus. Great to hear you've had a good experience so far. I'm beginning to understand that PPF and ceramic are must haves for this car.

I have never done PPF or ceramic on a car, but with the significant investment one shells out, I thought it was a good idea.
It really is a wonderful car. I have never splurged on a vehicle like this, but I am so glad I did. My previous vehicles have generally been Subarus and Toyotas, with one Audi thrown in. This beast elevates the driving experience in ways I didn’t think was possible. Really looking forward to seeing yours soon.

I have never done PPF or ceramic on a car, but with the significant investment one shells out, I thought it was a good idea.
It really is a wonderful car. I have never splurged on a vehicle like this, but I am so glad I did. My previous vehicles have generally been Subarus and Toyotas, with one Audi thrown in. This beast elevates the driving experience in ways I didn’t think was possible. Really looking forward to seeing yours soon.
Ditto. AGT was my first PPF/Ceramic, I was shocked at how much PPF cost. But thinking it was good idea to protect such splurge.

Thanks, Bobby! How long have you had your car? Any issues?
3000 miles over 2 months. Enjoy every minutes and loving the improvements that are being made.

That is true, but I was scared during my road trip that at least for 75% of the trip I was basically operating on Touring range, was arriving to chargers at like 40-50% SOC lol

Thanks, Volund. I hear you on the AGT, but with a base price of $154,000 vs. my reserve price of $104,500 ($95,000 + $9,500 for Surreal Sound, Glass Canopy), I can't justify the additional $50,000 (I'm not interested in the Dream Drive Pro). Thanks for your thumbs up on the car. So, the reboot issue you mentioned in an earlier post is tolerable, all other factors considered?
Yeah, reboots are annoying especially during colder temperatures because you have to run out of the car and get a far enough distance away.
During the summer, you could easily go for a walk or something.

But yeah it's tolerable, just think there needs to be more consistent reboot sequences

Back