Selling advice requested please (not Lucid specific)

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Folks, forgive me for asking a non-Lucid question here. I have a question about selling. My father recently passed away and my mother has asked me to try to sell his car(s). Right now, I'm trying to sell my father's 2006 BMW M3 convertible. Prior to getting my Lucid, I've never had a *nice* car. So, I've been content to trade them in for a fair offer or sell outright for what I considered reasonable market value. However, I feel like I'm getting low balled by dealerships on this one. Since many of you have experience with high end cars/collectibles, I thought you might be able to provide some guidance on the best way to sell this one. Should I just put it on BAT or cars and bids? What do you think? All responses appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1000011565.jpg

Folks, forgive me for asking a non-Lucid question here. I have a question about selling. My father recently passed away and my mother has asked me to try to sell his car(s). Right now, I'm trying to sell my father's 2006 BMW M3 convertible. Prior to getting my Lucid, I've never had a *nice* car. So, I've been content to trade them in for a fair offer or sell outright for what I considered reasonable market value. However, I feel like I'm getting low balled by dealerships on this one. Since many of you have experience with high end cars/collectibles, I thought you might be able to provide some guidance on the best way to sell this one. Should I just put it on BAT or cars and bids? What do you think? All responses appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Cars and Bids is pretty good for the seller. No fees at all. Buyer pays all that. Worth a shot. If you are worried about not getting enough, set a reserve.

Cars and Bids is pretty good for the seller. No fees at all. Buyer pays all that. Worth a shot. If you are worried about not getting enough, set a reserve.
Thank you. Do you think that Cars and bids is a good option for car enthusiasts? Obviously the car would be worth more to that audience than Edmunds or KBB thinks it is

Sorry you lost your dad. I sold my mom's Boxster under similar circumstances, but that was back in the day of Craigslist.
You could also collect offers from Carvana, Carmax, Shift, if they are willing to bid on a 2006. Dealers will want to mark the car up by at least $5K.

Sorry you lost your dad. I sold my mom's Boxster under similar circumstances, but that was back in the day of Craigslist.
You could also collect offers from Carvana, Carmax, Shift, if they are willing to bid on a 2006. Dealers will want to mark the car up by at least $5K.
Thank you. And yeah carvana is only offering about $10k.

Try Carmax and AutoNation - sometimes they offer well over what Carvana offers. I recently sold a 2018 Chevy Volt to Carmax for $4k (over 20%) more than Carvana offered. I have also seen people put a car on CarsandBids and state they have an offer for X from some buying site, so that you will not sell the car for less.

Back