Self-parking feature

Jfam

Cars
Lucid
Has anyone figured out how to get the self-parking feature to work on a regular basis? If so, how?

@hydbob i think you should make a sticky for self-parking. It works, it just needs to be in a parking lot with cars on both sides of the spot, it will not work in empty parking lots, it will not work if you go too fast, it will not work if you go too slow...but if you meet the criteria, it does work every time!

I have frequently had cars on both sides of the intended spot and the feature has not worked.
I have tried multiple times. It worked 5/5 times for me. Parked in dead center of the lines.

I have frequently had cars on both sides of the intended spot and the feature has not worked.

My metas only record 1 minute at a time so it kind of ends halfway through the park lol. It’s too bad autopark is so slow even when it does work 🤣

Last edited:
I have owned many cars with self parking capabilities. I have never seen one that works well. I can park the car a lot faster than the car can park itself.

My metas only record 1 minute at a time so it kind of ends halfway through the park lol. It’s too bad autopark is so slow even when it does work 🤣
Thank you for the video. I have tried a number of times using the same method that your video portrays. Often my wife has been in the car. It has become a source of humor for her. So, I no longer use the feature when she’s in the car. When it works (the open spot is shown on the screen), I have tapped the screen and the self-parking mechanism has worked perfectly.

It has worked flawlessly for me for perpendicular spots. I do not try for parallel spots anymore after it curbed my wheels 2-3 times

I think I am responsible for my problem. I thought the car would quickly detect the open parking spot. It doesn’t. But when I wait a few seconds the open spot appears and the car parks flawlessly. Mea culpa.

It has worked flawlessly for me for perpendicular spots. I do not try for parallel spots anymore after it curbed my wheels 2-3 times
I didn't try perpendicular parking. Parallel parking worked great when I used it couple time at downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea.

Back