Seeking advice when buying a new electric auto - what else will I have to purchase?

Victor Osaka

I've still "on the fence" between the Lucid and the MBZ.

Obviously, there are more things to get beyond the car itself. What are those things?
240vt Home Power Station options.
Warranty options?
Are there any service optionals?
Are there any subscription-based extra features?

You don’t *need* a wall charger, and can get by with a 240v NEMA 14-50 outlet (or a dryer outlet) and the mobile charging cable. Otherwise, Juicebox, ChargePoint, and Wallbox are the popular ones. The upcoming Lucid wall charger will do 80A continuous at the highest, but you’ll need a 100A circuit for that. Of course, it can be turned down to whatever amperage you can run.

Warranty is standard across most EVs. Here is Lucid’s: https://www.lucidmotors.com/stories/lucid-care-service-made-seamless/

Lucid doesn’t charge anything in the way of a subscription or additional service charges.

Lucid doesn’t charge anything in the way of a subscription or additional service charges.
Since Lucid is following the Tesla playbook so closely, I feel like "yet" should have ended that sentence. When I retired, a lot of companies were looking at SaaS - Software as a Service.

I've still "on the fence" between the Lucid and the MBZ
Everyone has their preferences and reasons for choosing 1 over another but on the lucid-forum.com, if you search for user Paladin732, she has a post talking about test driving the lucid and eqs. Also MotorTrend has an article comparing their experience with both.

Since Lucid is following the Tesla playbook so closely, I feel like "yet" should have ended that sentence. When I retired, a lot of companies were looking at SaaS - Software as a Service.

Everyone has their preferences and reasons for choosing 1 over another but on the lucid-forum.com, if you search for user Paladin732, she has a post talking about test driving the lucid and eqs. Also MotorTrend has an article comparing their experience with both.
Hey SDHacker, thanks for the link. I joined that forum.

While I see your point, that’s speculation. At the moment, there are no subscription fees and Lucid has not stated any upcoming ones.

You also get 3 free years of charging at Electrify America stations, but other stations would cost money, as would EA stations after those 3 years.

Back