Seats

Mikemost

Cars
Touring
I am wondering what I am supposed to do different. I just got my touring and I have the car memorize my ideal seat position. Once the position changes it does not “restore” to the position it was set before.
In the past two weeks I keep comparing my Tesla S to the Lucid air and I don’t understand why they say that the software in Lucid is superior to Tesla. I am a bit disappointed.

My Touring the seats don't restore either .. service tech said there was a missing wire 🙄 and they'll replace it at my appt next week. I guess it's kind of a known issue

This may be a silly question, but dont you need to tap Save to Profile for the seating customizations?

This may be a silly question, but dont you need to tap Save to Profile for the seating customizations?
Yes. If you change the seat position, you have to save it to the profile. It is simple. Just need to tap the save button after adjusting the seat.

I am wondering what I am supposed to do different. I just got my touring and I have the car memorize my ideal seat position. Once the position changes it does not “restore” to the position it was set before.
In the past two weeks I keep comparing my Tesla S to the Lucid air and I don’t understand why they say that the software in Lucid is superior to Tesla. I am a bit disappointed.
If, after saving, restore doesn’t work, your seat will need a “seat homing” procedure done by tech. Mine was done by the mobile tech in just a few minutes.

Hi, @Mikemost. I advise opening a case with Customer Care if you haven't done so already. They will be to able assist you.

Who lied to you by saying Lucid's software is superior to Tesla?! That is one of the major things Tesla has over Lucid and the rest of the auto industry

Who lied to you by saying Lucid's software is superior to Tesla?! That is one of the major things Tesla has over Lucid and the rest of the auto industry
Some areas over others, but I agree Tesla's software is slightly more complete than Lucid right now.

However, almost 2 years back Lucid's software was an absolute train wreck, so the improvement is there.

Some areas over others, but I agree Tesla's software is slightly more complete than Lucid right now.

However, almost 2 years back Lucid's software was an absolute train wreck, so the improvement is there.
Just curious, what features do you feel LUCID is better at from a software perspective?

In my opinion, the only software feature I put ahead of Tesla is the 360 camera view.

Just curious, what features do you feel LUCID is better at from a software perspective?

In my opinion, the only software feature I put ahead of Tesla is the 360 camera view.
Me personally, I do not own the car yet so I do not know many specific features. What I like about the Lucid is the UX and layout, the cockpit/pilot panel combo is great and I think the UX design is apple-esque.

Carplay is also technically a feature.. and to me HA has better HIGHWAY driving than FSD.

Pedestrian alerts, no phantom braking while using HA, blind spot monitoring/cameras, not having to go through a bunch of menus to access certain features.

What is Tesla better at?

CarPlay. I use it 100% of the time and it is the very reason I will not buy a Rivian or a Tesla.

Pedestrian alerts, no phantom braking while using HA, blind spot monitoring/cameras, not having to go through a bunch of menus to access certain features.

What is Tesla better at?
I may be a rare Tesla owner that never experienced phantom braking. To be fair I've hadba Tesla since 2014 and bought another in 2021 with FSD beta. I recently bought an Air and love it. I just know lucid has some catching up to do since Tesla has a 10 year head start but the Air is REALLY solid. Love driving it.

There could be something wrong with my car but HA is really unreliable. It has left the lane several times. With FSD I felt almost too comfortable. It's really really solid.

Better Tesla features:
FSD
SUMMON
sentry mode
Valet mode
Pin to drive
Pin to unlock glove compartment
Tidal and Spotify are much better
Entertainment apps while parked (games and Netflix, Disney, etc)
MyQ integration
Customizable screen and steering wheel controls
Fart mode. Lmao. JK!!!!

Those were without thinking too hard or getting in my Tesla.

Better lucid features:

Navigation with alt routes during the drive. Tesla only shows them at the start

Cross traffic alerts (they seem to come a little late)
Dolby Atmos

Back