Seat and steering auto controls

ColonelBadger

Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
IQZT5SXS
There's an option under the Climate screen to enable automatic control of the steering heating and heated/ventilated seats. The manual suggests that these come on in "extreme" temps. I did notice one time where the seats had come on when the cabin was hot. Since then I've manually put the ventilation on, and haven't notice the vehicle doing it for me. Wondering if some how the auto function has been disabled, even though the option is still on in the UI. How is this supposed to work?

There's an option under the Climate screen to enable automatic control of the steering heating and heated/ventilated seats. The manual suggests that these come on in "extreme" temps. I did notice one time where the seats had come on when the cabin was hot. Since then I've manually put the ventilation on, and haven't notice the vehicle doing it for me. Wondering if some how the auto function has been disabled, even though the option is still on in the UI. How is this supposed to work?
I know that if my car has been sitting in the sun and gets hot, the seat cooling will automatically turn on as the AC cools the car down. Pretty sure it does the same with the seat heating in cold temps. It's working fine for me, as recently as last evening.

Yeah that’s how it was behaving until I chose to adjust the seat ventilation myself and now it doesn’t seem to control that automatically anymore.

I always thought it was setting seats and steering wheel according to what you set the climate temp to. At least it seems that way for me. So if I go into the app and set climate to 68, it’ll also turn on the cooled seats, for instance. Or in winter it will turn on the wheel heat if I set climate to heat. (That one I’m not as sure of, as I basically never want the climate above 70, no matter how cold it is outside.)

Ahhhhh. That might be it. My cabin temp is 71. Perhaps that’s not low enough for it to automatically switch on the seats. I’ll try next time lowering the temp and see if it switches on.

Back