Scary! But I finally tried it! AUTO-PARK!

Follow up from my previous post. I tested perpendicular autopark again today in a real use case while at the grocery store. This time, I decided to trust fully, and I let the car do it's own thing. Not bad! Strange is that this time, it favored passenger side on placement. View attachment 12729

Air look small next to those 2 cars.

I'm still scared of potentially curbing my rims
I tried to get it to parallel park for the first time. It curbed the wheels :-(. Do you need to do some sort of calibration before you start using it?

I tried to get it to parallel park for the first time. It curbed the wheels :-(. Do you need to do some sort of calibration before you start using it?
I never use it. Why not just park the car yourself?

I never use it. Why not just park the car yourself?
Well you could say that about a lot of features on the car really. I think it's an interesting feature for parallel with room for improvement.

No there is not a calibration to be performed. Sorry to hear it curbed your wheels. :/

I tried this about a 2 weeks ago. I think it was a case of nerves, but i swear it was about to plow into the side of the Prius next to me. I'm going to hold off a bit before i try again. I would complain if it did the parking job slowly, but i don't trust it enough to do it fast.

I do want to at least do it once though. I'll have to set up a time to maybe use my wife's car as the potential sacrificial lamb.

Back