Sapphire on track at COTA

It's so quiet even at 160. EV sound track is so tame.

The weather did not cooperate so we could only do a few laps on the same tires I used to drive the car to and from SC to TX.
Some in car video as requested.

So how was it compared to other cars you r tracked there?

So how was it compared to other cars you r tracked there?
Turned a 2:26 about the same as a GT4 car on a better tire. Had we been able to run recon laps, charge, and put on sticker Michelins, we think there is a 2:23. It’s still complicated to get insurance and track approval for an EV. COTA and Max track time were great. Hoping to run Mid-O and/or Road America next year.

Fantastic to see you out there driving it like a family sedan to the track then on the track like it was built to be driven.

Thank you for the video. Love it!

So jealous. Simply out of curiosity, did you happen to notice the miles/kWh driving balls out like that? I'm guessing it had to be under 1.0, right? I think there's a track mode in the sapphire but I honestly don't know exactly what it does to maximize performance on the track.

Would love to see that car at Mid-Ohio. I have insturced/raced there for years. I think it would run 1:37-1:38.

Keep wringing the life out of that car! I’m just waiting for you to get better tires on!

The weather did not cooperate so we could only do a few laps on the same tires I used to drive the car to and from SC to TX.
Some in car video as requested.

Do you have the full lap by chance? Or just all of it. I've love to see how the car handles T2-T10.

It pulled hard on that backstraight and those brake seem to bite hard, but it almost looked like you took it easy into the final half or 1/3 of the braking zone. It almost seemed like you could have pushed it way harder.

Was it on the hot lap or endurance mode? Down the back straight it seemed a bit limited to me, thats why.

And those apex speeds are colossal... I also want to see you going through the esses!

Was it on the hot lap or endurance mode? Down the back straight it seemed a bit limited to me, thats why.

And those apex speeds are colossal... I also want to see you going through the esses!

Hi I've lost a little track (absolutely no pun intended LOL!) of the racetrack stuff. I'm looking for times other than this COTA one there's the one in the Savageese video right? Are you aware of any others?🙂

Hi I've lost a little track (absolutely no pun intended LOL!) of the racetrack stuff. I'm looking for times other than this COTA one there's the one in the Savageese video right? Are you aware of any others?🙂
No formal ones that I am aware of, but they did say it would "hang with hypercars" at most tracks and an estimate of 2:40 was thrown out for VIR I think.

Means nothing to me unless they go to the nurburgring!

Back