San Diego to Dallas trip notes

@Bill55 that wind and dust is exactly why I’m going for PPF. A member of an FB group I’m in had his Tesla Model Y stuck in a dust storm, with it nearly destroying the paint.

Interesting to note about the charge port alignment. Are you opening it by pressing on it or from inside the cockpit? I have always opened it from inside to avoid pressing it causing an issue.

@Bill55 that wind and dust is exactly why I’m going for PPF. A member of an FB group I’m in had his Tesla Model Y stuck in a dust storm, with it nearly destroying the paint.

Interesting to note about the charge port alignment. Are you opening it by pressing on it or from inside the cockpit? I have always opened it from inside to avoid pressing it causing an issue.
I usually open from the left panel in the car. Sometimes exiting the car, the charge panel closes before I can plug in the charger. Opening the charging port with a press on the panel is an option. I expect it to work without causing an alignment issue. If using an available function of the car causes problems, I don’t believe that I should avoid using it. The problem is not using the feature, the problem is using a feature of the car is resulting in an issue.

I usually open from the left panel in the car. Sometimes exiting the car, the charge panel closes before I can plug in the charger. Opening the charging port with a press on the panel is an option. I expect it to work without causing an alignment issue. If using an available function of the car causes problems, I don’t believe that I should avoid using it. The problem is not using the feature, the problem is using a feature of the car is resulting in an issue.
Agreed - pressing on it is something it I’ve shied away from due to the pressure required to make it open. A feature is not something we should have to avoid for fear of damage.

Agreed - pressing on it is something it I’ve shied away from due to the pressure required to make it open. A feature is not something we should have to avoid for fear of damage.
I haven't charged nearly as much as @Bill55 but I would say I push from the outside 8/10 times and my door is still aligned properly. Wonder if something got damaged before they fixed the door closing bug and it is just slowly getting worse?

In your last post you stated the superchargers at your last stop were not functioning. Was that the Denton, TX location? Asking because we were counting on that for our next trip.

I believe that if you look up a location before you get there it will tell you what is available….,

Back