Road to Gravity Episode 15 - Proving Grounds Final Validation

And just out of curiosity:
I attempted to quickly try to figure out what proving ground they were in, but didn’t find an easy match. I assumed AZ based upon the Saguaro cactus in the background and that it looked like the Sonoran Desert.
Has anyone figured that out?
There are two test tracks very close to the factory in Casa Grande. One is VW and one is Toyota. I am not sure which one Lucid used but it is very likely one of those two.

That profile is just perfect...looks like an RS6-Avant and Q7 had a baby.

I had a black-on-black 2003 S6 Avant. Who said a station wagon can't be sexy?

Anyone who thinks the Gravity looks like a minivan will think again once they see it in the flesh. Photographs don't capture it well, but It is a sleek vehicle on any terms and something really astonishing for a vehicle with its interior volume.

Today Lucid removed the placeholder for "Episode 15: Final Validation" from its website. So this wasn't a matter of a quick-fix edit before putting the video back up; it suggests something more fundamental going on.

Even if the Gravity release is being delayed, nothing in the video specifically referred to a release, order, or delivery date. So I'm really wondering what's going on here.

The only date given was that they did the, what I will call, “leadership drives” in September, but that probably isn’t anything earth shattering.

So speaking of fine tooth combs……in my efforts to try to estimate how much headroom the Gravity will have, I noticed that when the narration was referring to the Gravity having three rows, the video editor accidentally had shots of a Rivian R1S in the frame. See time stamp 1:25 and a second or two after. You can tell by the yellow/orange inserts in the side of the head restraints. I am guessing a mis-communication between the audio and video editor.

I originally spotted this in the Youtube video so I was surprised to hear it had been taken down on Youtube.

It happens at 1:51, too. And, unfortunately, the accompanying voiceover at that moment is talking about how Gravity is "broadening the attribute diagram of this class of vehicle"---while a Rivian is being shown. Of course they have to go back and fix this.

It happens at 1:51, too. And, unfortunately, the accompanying voiceover at that moment is talking about how Gravity is "broadening the attribute diagram of this class of vehicle"---while a Rivian is being shown. Of course they have to go back and fix this.

The video opens by showing the Lucid test team walking along the line of other SUVs to which they were comparing the Lucid's attributes in their validation testing. Thus I did not find it surprising that the Lucid test crew was shown in those other vehicles as well. The whole point seemed to be that Lucid was not assessing the Gravity in a vacuum but in relation to its competition.

Back