Rivian purchase

I reserved an R1S in June of 21, last update was Q1 of 23, now it’s Q3. Maybe my wife will want it instead of her Tesla by then.

Agreed.
I couldn't believe how efficient Lucid was and how communicative they were (and have been). Nothing like it. I had 3 EV reservations on order. The Lucid was the last order I placed and the first to be delivered.

Rivian has been a complete mess ... I didn't even get a window. Does that mean I'm looking at 2025 ?? (and, again, there are 2 Rivian SCs closer to me than the closest Lucid SC .. yet Lucid managed just fine). ... btw, there are a lot of R1T's here in CLT already. How were they able to be delivered w/o SCs ?? Ridiculous!
At this right, I think I’ll get the Gravity before I get the Rivian.

I’m actually not joking about that. I want the 400 mile range Rivian. Which they’re not even letting me configure right now. My assumption is once they let me configure that, I’ll be bounced another year back into 2025. Also, they said they’d hold pricing for us but I can’t help but think a major change in config like that is going to trigger a compete re price. At which point, I’ll likely cancel my order.

Lucid is currently stating Gravity comes in 2024. If I can get a Gravity with 400-450 miles of range by early 2025, that’s going to beat the Rivian.

I’m also annoyed Rivian changed the Ocean Coast interior I selected as they can’t get the light colored wood.

For the record, if they are having so many supply chain deliveries and have plenty of pickup orders, i think it’s a good move corporately for them to focus on delivering the one thing they can. Lots and lots of trucks. That’s a good decision for their financial health and survival. Heck, I’d not begrudge them prioritizing Amazon delivery vans if that’s where the money is.

But they’ve had a few missteps that concern me. The price hike fiasco. This canceling of people’s configuration options. And now, a one year delivery window. I mean, how are people supposed to plan around that?! If it’s delayed, just say it’s delayed to Dec of 2024. Don’t give me the possibility it could show up in Jan of 2024. Do I buy a car now bc it’s 2 years away? Do I sell my car end of next year bc it might be here in Jan?

Just very pool way of handling it.

I don't understand why Rivian can't give a reasonable estimate to current reservation holders. Divide the number of reservations by the expected production numbers over time and bingo! you have the expected delivery mm/yy.

I reserved an R1S in June of 21, last update was Q1 of 23, now it’s Q3. Maybe my wife will want it instead of her Tesla by then.
Were you given Q3 2023 on your account page?
I also ordered my R1S in Jun 2021, but they won't give me a delivery estimate. Presumably because I'm too far away from a Service Center.
How far are you from a Rivian SC ? (that may give me an idea of how close I have to be to one to get on the schedule) .. thx

Well Consider yourself lucky. We placed our order in mid 2021 and just got an email that is Depressing!!!

Basically, "Processing" ...
  1. They will not update our delivery "estimate" until January 2023.
  2. Deliveries are being prioritized by SC location (not order date) .. AND
  3. There's no mention of IF (or when) a SC will be launched near us .. OR what constitutes a SC location close enough to provide a delivery
My wife is livid. We were about to buy her a new car in 2021 when we [mistakenly] thought we'd be on a delivery schedule for Jan. 2022.. It could take years for Rivian to implement a SC in Charlotte (2024?, 2025?). In the meantime her current SUV is guzzling away into the 100K+ miles. The crazy thing is that the current Rivian locations are actually already closer to us than the Lucid SC.

I guess I'll be looking at interim ICE options.. 😠
I’m 1/2 max and 1/2 depressed. I just hope our Q7 holds up.
1667005683865.png

At least ,with inflation, the delivered vehicle in 2024 will be a steal. And, the $1000 deposit is fully refundable.
1667007447128.png

I’m 1/2 max and 1/2 depressed. I just hope our Q7 holds up

crazy nonsense .. I think I'll be waiting well into 2024, maybe 2025.

I understand calls made for economic reasons, but we upgraded our selections "to get an earlier delivery date", then they tried to increase pricing (and quickly had to walk that back), recently they removed options without letting us know (found out only by checking account on site), and the final insult, "you are not close enough to our Service Center, so we'll prioritized others even if they didn't upgrade their selections like we asked you to" ...

The Problem is that there are a bunch of R1T's running around here, so how were those sold? Do they not need SC's nearby? Are R1S expected to be that much worse? Doesn't make sense.

And, of course, there are 2 Service Centers closer to us than the 1 Lucid SC .. yet Lucid delivered (on time as they promised).
IMG_4927.PNG

crazy nonsense .. I think I'll be waiting well into 2024, maybe 2025.

I understand calls made for economic reasons, but we upgraded our selections "to get an earlier delivery date", then they tried to increase pricing (and quickly had to walk that back), recently they removed options without letting us know (found out only by checking account on site), and the final insult, "you are not close enough to our Service Center, so we'll prioritized others even if they didn't upgrade their selections like we asked you to" ...

The Problem is that there are a bunch of R1T's running around here, so how were those sold? Do they not need SC's nearby? Are R1S expected to be that much worse? Doesn't make sense.

And, of course, there are 2 Service Centers closer to us than the 1 Lucid SC .. yet Lucid delivered (on time as they promised).
View attachment 6144
Rivian lied about their initial delivery windows to boost their IPO price and they continue to lie to keep their stock price propped up. If Rivian was a legacy automaker delivering ICE cars, someone would be hauled off in handcuffs after an SEC investigation. Clearly people lied and continue to lie about their delivery capabilities and there is only so much supply chain blame to go around. The crap they tried to pull with the price increase added insult to injury and I’m going to take delivery of my car with the satisfaction of knowing they they lost money building it for me.

Were you given Q3 2023 on your account page?
I also ordered my R1S in Jun 2021, but they won't give me a delivery estimate. Presumably because I'm too far away from a Service Center.
How far are you from a Rivian SC ? (that may give me an idea of how close I have to be to one to get on the schedule) .. thx
Chicago area, so close.

Chicago area, so close.
Ahh .. makes sense (.. you're pretty close to their manufacturing plant .. do they offer pick up there? :D

Ahh .. makes sense (.. you're pretty close to their manufacturing plant .. do they offer pick up there? :D
Good question, I haven't looked into that. It's only a 2 hour drive. They have a big service center on the near west side of Chicago as well.

I've lost faith in the company. I feel like a donkey chasing the carrot on the stick .. this is ridiculous.

The worst part is that in April (2022) I was sent an email with a scheduled delivery date of first half of 2023 (attached). I'm fairly certain that in April they knew the locations of the Service Centers and my proximity to them. This BS about proximity to SC is infuriating and deceitful. They've conned me into upgrading my selections (to get an early delivery), and now, despite selling a bunch of R1Ts near me, this new excuse comes out without any detail (what is a good proximity?, when will Rivian implement a SC in this "proximity" radius?, etc.) .. I just have to wait like a good donkey until Jan. 2023 when I can jump at the carrot again and hope that this time, somehow, the carrot will fall into my mouth.

😠

Attachments

• 2022Apr10email.JPG
    2022Apr10email.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 82
I am now glad a cancelled my Rivian, although I do love the truck. Who knows when I would received it here. My friend did get hers but she was one of the very first to order. Lucky her.

The irony is that if I was provided w/ truthful communication, more details, and updates, then I may have felt less abused. But the trickery and misleading comments are, in the end just a slap-in-the-face.

The one "positive" that's come out of this latest Rivian BS blunder is how much more I respect Lucid Motors. They've faced the same struggles (w/o the Amazon infusion) and have managed to be more communicative and transparent with concerns/schedules/updates while producing a great product. Kudos to Lucid and their team .. Rivian C-suite could learn a thing or two.

Are some people nuts paying 85% mark up in 2nd hand R1S? Or simply dealership greed?

45B4E70B-3191-4918-B288-CA21D6757E7C.jpeg

Since I’m the late reservationist, I only have “Reserve now, Configure later” option, it does seems the fully decked out options keeps creeping up price to me…

18DA0B2E-C474-4CEB-A492-E4BBBBCC32AC.jpeg

Are we pretending to not know what is going on in the world and the reasons for delays and changes? I have a September 2019 reservation for my R1S and still don't have an estimated date (could be my fault for changing color recently) though there is a service center not too far away. They have regularly communicated that dates were going to be missed and delivery would be pushed back. It is what it is.

Are we pretending to not know what is going on in the world and the reasons for delays and changes? I have a September 2019 reservation for my R1S and still don't have an estimated date (could be my fault for changing color recently) though there is a service center not too far away. They have regularly communicated that dates were going to be missed and delivery would be pushed back. It is what it is.
Any luck they communicated with you in past 2 months? I hate to be in dark. I can empathize reservationist who gave $50k to Tesla for Roadster since 2017, it’s basically vaporware at this point.

Back