Rivian purchase

I only saw 1 other R1S in 9 weeks of ownership so far…

Rivian definitely has more demand, no question. I think the make or break for Lucid is going to be the Gravity. I really hope that they can price it to compete with the Model X and RS1. I don’t know if they can afford to, but I just don’t know if there is going to be a big market for a 150k SUV in this economy.
I agree with you that the Market over $130k for an SUV is very small. I’m just don’t see how Gravity initially comes out for less than $130k. Maybe in 3-4 years they will have a less expensive version but certainly not for 2024-5. Like everyone else I’ve been waiting anxiously to see the final version of Gravity. I thought we were going to see some more info on Gravity in early 2023. Now looks like maybe Summer 2023??

Rivian Peeps, in your experience does this invitation mean I’m getting close to completing my purchase? My delivery estimate is October-December 2023, but it seems that they are ramping fast.
1684452442752.jpeg

Rivian Peeps, in your experience does this invitation mean I’m getting close to completing my purchase? My delivery estimate is October-December 2023, but it seems that they are ramping fast. View attachment 12401
I got that same invitation in February. I think it just mean your area service center has several laying around and their resources have bandwidth to let you demo drive. Rivian claimed they can deliver 50k units for R1S, R1T and Amazon van in 2023. We shall see.

I got that same invitation in February. I think it just mean your area service center has several laying around and their resources have bandwidth to let you demo drive. Rivian claimed they can deliver 50k units for R1S, R1T and Amazon van in 2023. We shall see.
That makes sense. I was hoping it meant immanent order finalization.

That makes sense. I was hoping it meant immanent order finalization.
Unfortunately not the case, I got invited to an R1S first mile drive in Costa Mesa a couple months ago. I’m still waiting on my R1S Oct-Dec 23 delivery

During my 4-year wait for the Rivian R1S Launch Edition I reserved in February 2019, I got multiple emails and "invites" that I hoped signaled a step toward delivery. One of them was an email in summer of 2021 saying I would hear from my "Rivian Guide" before Thanksgiving of that year to discuss my order. That contact never came, and a couple of emails I sent never got answered.

Frankly, I think the only day you'll know when you're actually getting your Rivian is the day it arrives in your driveway.

Unfortunately not the case, I got invited to an R1S first mile drive in Costa Mesa a couple months ago. I’m still waiting on my R1S Oct-Dec 23 delivery
In that case, I’m not going to cancel my tee time for this! We have the same delivery window. Let’s see what happens.

I only placed my deposit Aug ‘22, so didn’t get early pricing. Got tired of waiting after 9 mo. and bought a “used” El Cap Granite LE from someone who decided to flip theirs. Only 545 miles on it. Basically paid current pricing, given the color, wheel (22s), and PPF upgrades. And I found $600 in swag in the back (winter mats, cargo cover & adventure kit). I love it! It’s the perfect compliment to our AGT. Hang in there…it’s worth the wait.

In that case, I’m not going to cancel my tee time for this! We have the same delivery window. Let’s see what happens.
Have fun test-driving it, it may make you willing to crave longer.
That is very good program both Lucid and Rivian offer to let reservation owners test drive —- to prevent them cancel from prolonged waiting.

I only placed my deposit Aug ‘22, so didn’t get early pricing. Got tired of waiting after 9 mo. and bought a “used” El Cap Granite LE from someone who decided to flip theirs. Only 545 miles on it. Basically paid current pricing, given the color, wheel (22s), and PPF upgrades. And I found $600 in swag in the back (winter mats, cargo cover & adventure kit). I love it! It’s the perfect compliment to our AGT. Hang in there…it’s worth the wait.
Me too! I got mine coincidentally on California business and drove back to Texas. My deposit was July ‘22. I paid about the same fully spec one in today’s price. But have to pay extra icing for Carsandbids.com commission. “888” used miles, by the time I got home, it’s already 3000 miles. Family is very happy with it. Very comfortable and gorgeous interior, and great tech was consistent OTA updates. Like you, we think it’s great compliment companion to our AGT.

I haven’t canceled my current reservation yet, still keep option open.

Back