Review from Detroit Free Press

Believe what you want. I’ve been active both here and on the EQS forums. I ultimately decided odds are I will go with Lucid. (I’m still open the the EQS, but results of items such as what their plans about OTAs are and their engine design have me quite concerned. They are literally the only EV maker that shoved it all in the hood. )
That car is 8 inches longer then the Lucid with either equal or shorter interior depending on whose ”facts” we go with. Why? That makes no sense unless the EV tech is subpar in comparison.

I have done two test drives in the EQS about 10 minutes each. And one extended hour long drive in the Lucid. I sat in both the front and back on both.

it’s not worth comparing the two in this thread, so it’s my last comment here on the difference. We can start comparison threads in both forums and discuss if you wish.

ninja edit: just looked it up, EQS is about a foot longer. 195.8 vs 207.3

ninja edit 2: I’m wrong and right:found a measurement from motor trend. Lucid legroom rear is slightly smaller, but the front is slightly larger then eqs. Headroom is opposite smaller in front and larger in back

Lucid on left.
HEADROOM, F/R39.5/38.3 in40.4/37.0 in
LEGROOM, F/R45.4/35.8 in41.7/39.1 in

Last edited:
Less power, less range, and ugly!!

Believe what you want. I’ve been active both here and on the EQS forums. I ultimately decided odds are I will go with Lucid. (I’m still open the the EQS, but results of items such as what their plans about OTAs are and their engine design have me quite concerned. They are literally the only EV maker that shoved it all in the hood. )
That car is 8 inches longer then the Lucid with either equal or shorter interior depending on whose ”facts” we go with. Why? That makes no sense unless the EV tech is subpar in comparison.

I have done two test drives in the EQS about 10 minutes each. And one extended hour long drive in the Lucid. I sat in both the front and back on both.

it’s not worth comparing the two in this thread, so it’s my last comment here on the difference. We can start comparison threads in both forums and discuss if you wish.

ninja edit 2: I’m wrong and right:found a measurement from motor trend. Lucid legroom rear is slightly smaller, but the front is slightly larger then eqs. Headroom is opposite smaller in front and larger in back

Lucid on left.

So what's the difference between Maximum front legroom of 45.4" and Effective legroom of 41.5" straight from Lucid website.

There is extra space if you stick your legs straight instead of resting them on the floor, haha.

I don't quite get the point of this argument. Both the Lucid Air and the EQS have plenty of fore-aft rear legroom for any reasonable passenger use. Both cars jack the knees up to a slightly uncomfortable angle due to the battery packs both have under their rear floorboards. The only point that I think is relevant from an engineering perspective is that the Air gets its ample fore-aft legroom out of a wheelbase that is significantly shorter than the EQS' while still not needing to cram half its powertrain gear under a front hood to get the legroom.

I don't quite get the point of this argument. Both the Lucid Air and the EQS have plenty of fore-aft rear legroom for any reasonable passenger use. Both cars jack the knees up to a slightly uncomfortable angle due to the battery packs both have under their rear floorboards. The only point that I think is relevant from an engineering perspective is that the Air gets its ample fore-aft legroom out of a wheelbase that is significantly shorter than the EQS' while still not needing to cram half its powertrain gear under a front hood to get the legroom.
That was my main point of the comment, significantly shorter wheelbase for similar leg room.
I’m not sure this thread is this place to discuss the difference between the vehicles.
there are a lot of cross shoppers, and perhaps a thread dedicated to comparing Lucid with the competition would be a good idea.

Lucid on left.

Right. The issue is that in the Lucid you have to position your drivers seat lower if you are tall. When I got into the Air in the showroom my head hit the roof. So I lowered the seat. When you lower the seat, you also have to position it further back. This cannibalizes rear legroom. So when you have tall people in front, you have a lot less legroom in the back. In the Mercedes because the roof is higher, you don’t need the front seat to be as low, which means you have more room in the back.

Also remember the Mercedes is a foot longer and also has a short hood, which means that foot goes into the cabin and trunk.

Space is not Lucid’s Forte. Driving dynamics is. The lower seating position, the lower overall height of the car, and the shorter body, make the car more agile and sporty. It is a Taycan competitor with a much better configuration and interior.

Right. The issue is that in the Lucid you have to position your drivers seat lower if you are tall. When I got into the Air in the showroom my head hit the roof. So I lowered the seat. When you lower the seat, you also have to position it further back. This cannibalizes rear legroom. So when you have tall people in front, you have a lot less legroom in the back. In the Mercedes because the roof is higher, you don’t need the front seat to be as low, which means you have more room in the back.

Also remember the Mercedes is a foot longer and also has a short hood, which means that foot goes into the cabin and trunk.

Space is not Lucid’s Forte. Driving dynamics is. The lower seating position, the lower overall height of the car, and the shorter body, make the car more agile and sporty. It is a Taycan competitor with a much better configuration and interior.
How tall are you?

Back