[RESOLVED] High Regenerative Braking Feels Off

Yea. There’s almost no regen @ 95% and above (0 @ 100%), where would the charge go?

I've had a couple of instances when driving in high regen mode where I take my foot off the accelerator and the car just cruises rather than slowing down. It's only happened a handful of times, but since I mostly do one-pedal driving, I've had to use my brakes to actually slow down or come to a complete stop. It almost feels as if the regenerative braking doesn't catch. Usually, I feel that "pull" of deceleration when I completely take my foot off the accelerator and the regen braking activates, but in these few instances, I don't feel that strong deceleration. This is with anywhere from 60-80% SOC, so regenerative braking is active. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Was your battery fully charged? The regen turns off at over 95% and is reduced over 90 since there is nowhere for the recovered electrons to go.

Was your battery fully charged? The regen turns off at over 95% and is reduced over 90 since there is nowhere for the recovered electrons to go.
No, SOC was between 50-60% when this happened. I spoke to customer care yesterday and they are going to take a look at it. Unfortunately, I can’t recreate it on demand and it’s only happened a handful of times.

Actually I just had run the charge up to distance, so close to 100%. When I spoke to the tech, that was his first response (charge was at max). I'm also seeing it start to perform more normal as the charge level gets below 90%. I normally charge to 80% (daily) so maybe that's the issue. He's also going to check with engineering to be sure.

That is definitely the issue...

I see. It's good that you have reached out to customer care and that they are going to investigate the issue. Even though you cannot recreate the issue on demand, it's still important to report it so that they can thoroughly check the system and identify any potential issues that may need to be addressed. It's also a good idea to keep track of when the issue occurs and any relevant details, such as the battery state of charge (SOC), to provide customer care with as much information as possible. Hopefully, they will be able to identify the root cause of the problem and provide a solution.

For some reason the regen of our car got set to standard and the stop mode got set to roll today. We didn’t change it, so this is probably some software bug.
I was having the same problem and just checked - mine also got set to roll. Regen was still set to max however

For some reason the regen of our car got set to standard and the stop mode got set to roll today. We didn’t change it, so this is probably some software bug.

I was having the same problem and just checked - mine also got set to roll. Regen was still set to max however
I've had my hold setting change to roll twice since the 2.0.55 update. This must be a bug with that update. It's disconcerting because it causes unexpected behavior. The other day my car started rolling out of my garage on its own when I put it in reverse. Didn't press the pedal which is how I realized the setting has changed.

I’ve only noticed weak regen when pulling away from a 100% charge. Then after a few miles gradually returns. I’ve driven in temps as low as 2 degrees and not been aware of low regen. Seldom touch the brakes.

I’ve only noticed weak regen when pulling away from a 100% charge. Then after a few miles gradually returns. I’ve driven in temps as low as 2 degrees and not been aware of low regen. Seldom touch the brakes.
Regen can’t work when fully charged.

I've had my hold setting change to roll twice since the 2.0.55 update. This must be a bug with that update. It's disconcerting because it causes unexpected behavior. The other day my car started rolling out of my garage on its own when I put it in reverse. Didn't press the pedal which is how I realized the setting has changed.
My vehicle has done the same and I have no desire nor need for Roll. It is quite dangerous as one does not have control of their car when it rolls. You have to be quick to push brake pedal to stop roll.

My vehicle has done the same and I have no desire nor need for Roll. It is quite dangerous as one does not have control of their car when it rolls. You have to be quick to push brake pedal to stop roll.
Please text customer service that you are having this bug.

Bobby, I called last week. Hopefully they logged my issue with Roll.

Back