[RESOLVED] High Regenerative Braking Feels Off

LucidNJ

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I've had a couple of instances when driving in high regen mode where I take my foot off the accelerator and the car just cruises rather than slowing down. It's only happened a handful of times, but since I mostly do one-pedal driving, I've had to use my brakes to actually slow down or come to a complete stop. It almost feels as if the regenerative braking doesn't catch. Usually, I feel that "pull" of deceleration when I completely take my foot off the accelerator and the regen braking activates, but in these few instances, I don't feel that strong deceleration. This is with anywhere from 60-80% SOC, so regenerative braking is active. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I've had a couple of instances when driving in high regen mode where I take my foot off the accelerator and the car just cruises rather than slowing down. It's only happened a handful of times, but since I mostly do one-pedal driving, I've had to use my brakes to actually slow down or come to a complete stop. It almost feels as if the regenerative braking doesn't catch. Usually, I feel that "pull" of deceleration when I completely take my foot off the accelerator and the regen braking activates, but in these few instances, I don't feel that strong deceleration. This is with anywhere from 60-80% SOC, so regenerative braking is active. Anyone else have this happen to them?
How cold is it? If the battery is cold, the car will not allow charging the battery so regen is turned off.

How cold is it? If the battery is cold, the car will not allow charging the battery so regen is turned off.
I don't know the exact temp of the battery, but this is after driving for a good 30-40 minutes and recently it's been above 40 degrees daily here in NJ. And it's not like it happens every time either. I can slow down and stop at one traffic light just fine using my regen, but then at the next red light, I'm unable to slow down.

I don't know the exact temp of the battery, but this is after driving for a good 30-40 minutes and recently it's been above 40 degrees daily here in NJ. And it's not like it happens every time either. I can slow down and stop at one traffic light just fine using my regen, but then at the next red light, I'm unable to slow down.
It sounds like a good time to contact customer care and have service evaluate. You can help them by providing time stamps for when it happens.

It sounds like a good time to contact customer care and have service evaluate. You can help them by providing time stamps for when it happens.
Good tip. I am going to try to keep a log if this happens again. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for when it happens, so I'll just try to be prepared. Fortunately, I have a fit and finish service coming up (at some point) to fix a few issues on the interior and exterior of my car, so I'll try to bring this to their attention to address at the same time.

It feels like it happens if I'm actively accelerating and then let off the pedal, the motor can't slow down instantaneously. It's hard to describe.

Good tip. I am going to try to keep a log if this happens again. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason for when it happens, so I'll just try to be prepared. Fortunately, I have a fit and finish service coming up (at some point) to fix a few issues on the interior and exterior of my car, so I'll try to bring this to their attention to address at the same time.

It feels like it happens if I'm actively accelerating and then let off the pedal, the motor can't slow down instantaneously. It's hard to describe.
Still coming up?? I had a call with CC and the tech was sent out to service an owner from PHL to NYC. While returning, I got a call back and he said that I am 15 minutes away from you and would like to stop by for the carpet that was not fit in correctly and he fixed it in 5 minutes and was on his way back....
Texted CC - 01/30
CC called back - 02/01
Technician stopped by - 02/06

Still coming up?? I had a call with CC and the tech was sent out to service an owner from PHL to NYC. While returning, I got a call back and he said that I am 15 minutes away from you and would like to stop by for the carpet that was not fit in correctly and he fixed it in 5 minutes and was on his way back....
Texted CC - 01/30
CC called back - 02/01
Technician stopped by - 02/06
Well well well, seems like I was skipped over lol. However when the technician came to my house to do a mobile visit, he did say there trunk re-alignment would need to be done at a service center and therefore any other issues would be taken care of then. So I've been waiting on them to tell me when and meanwhile enjoying my car. Not really in a rush to give the car away.

I’m having this same issue. Totally random. Has happened a few times after a hard acceleration. Seems to stay that way for a bit and then fix itself later on.

Hi, @LucidNJ.

Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Marqie

I had the issue also about a month back. Nearly rolled into the gate leaving the community because the regen appeared to not be working. I noticed that is changed itself from High to Standard with no user intervention. I reported to CS and said it was a safety concern given you're expecting the car to brake with regen and it doesn't.

For some reason the regen of our car got set to standard and the stop mode got set to roll today. We didn’t change it, so this is probably some software bug.

For some reason the regen of our car got set to standard and the stop mode got set to roll today. We didn’t change it, so this is probably some software bug.
This is exactly what happened to me

Did you just do an update

I checked all that on my car and it was set correctly: high regen and hold. I even tried switching it to standard to see if it felt different and to make sure it wasn't all in my head. Spoiler alert: it wasn't.

Interesting. I have the opposite issue on my GV60: it either holds the setting or reverts to a higher regen, never to a lower regen. If it is going to fail, better to revert to a higher regen.

I'm having the same problem and it only started after the last update 2.0.50. Regen still set to high. Regen wasn't working at all but is now working "somewhat" as it still does not break as hard when releasing the accelerator. Just texted into CS to see if something has been reported.

I'm having the same problem and it only started after the last update 2.0.50. Regen still set to high. Regen wasn't working at all but is now working "somewhat" as it still does not break as hard when releasing the accelerator. Just texted into CS to see if something has been reported.
Charge level? Ambient temp?

Charge level? Ambient temp?
Actually I just had run the charge up to distance, so close to 100%. When I spoke to the tech, that was his first response (charge was at max). I'm also seeing it start to perform more normal as the charge level gets below 90%. I normally charge to 80% (daily) so maybe that's the issue. He's also going to check with engineering to be sure.

Actually I just had run the charge up to distance, so close to 100%. When I spoke to the tech, that was his first response (charge was at max). I'm also seeing it start to perform more normal as the charge level gets below 90%. I normally charge to 80% (daily) so maybe that's the issue. He's also going to check with engineering to be sure.
When you are close to 100%, there is no room in the battery to add any regenerated power. So it doesn’t do it.

Back