Replace entire HV battery?

I a gf ree on service in Richmond, good shop. At what mileage has battery failure b3en happening?
It's not common, and not related to mileage.

Just had my battery replaced by the VA Shop. Russell and team were aces, had a loaner. Like some others, I had no idea anything was wrong they called me and said it needed to happen. I'm looking forward to seeing if I get better mileage on road trips as I've driven back and forth from Raleigh, NC to St. Augustine, FL 3-4 times...and I never quite made it as far as I thought I should...
I got a new HV battery/WunderBox at 18k miles. Remote diagnostics alerted them there was a fault, so they got me a loaner and found one module’s ground had a resistance of 0.3 ohm instead of zero so they replaced the whole thing plus WunderBox and charging cable. I’ve noticed no difference in efficiency with the new battery pack. With how I drive in New England (mostly over the speed limit, steep incline on-ramps) I get about 3.5-3.6 mi/kwh on 19” wheels which I have no complaints about. On steady road trips with reasonable temperatures going 70-75mph I’ll get 4.0 mi/kwh.

I got a new HV battery/WunderBox at 18k miles. Remote diagnostics alerted them there was a fault, so they got me a loaner and found one module’s ground had a resistance of 0.3 ohm instead of zero so they replaced the whole thing plus WunderBox and charging cable. I’ve noticed no difference in efficiency with the new battery pack. With how I drive in New England (mostly over the speed limit, steep incline on-ramps) I get about 3.5-3.6 mi/kwh on 19” wheels which I have no complaints about. On steady road trips with reasonable temperatures going 70-75mph I’ll get 4.0 mi/kwh.
How long does it take to replace the battery?

I had just the HV battery replaced early last month at the Natick SC, and it took one week. When they did the final road test before returning it, however, they heard a noise up front and discovered one of the motor mounts had cracked (they said it probably happened when they were removing the battery pack and could not have been any fault of mine). It took a couple days to get the parts, but I had the car back in 12 days total, so I had it in time for a planned road trip. Excellent service, and I had a GT 20" loaner for the duration. Hated the white interior.

Had mine. Took a week or two. Had a loaner in the meantime.

Service was excellent and nobody has ever had a recurrence after the replacement, so you’ll be good to go.
Mine too, took 3 weeks though, no service center anywhere near me.
Had $100/day reimbursement for a rental, I went to Turo.

Back