My new car purchase situation has gained urgency because my interim Volvo EX30 is now under recall (owners will be notified by NHTSA nect month) for battery fires caused by dendritic shorts. Wife said sell it now because she is not willing to risk us burning! She also said whatever you buy needs to be for the long term. Recently I have had a history buying a lot of cars. About 20 months ago I commissioned a custom built new/old Mini restomod monster in England and it is nearly complete. In the mean time I got impatient and bought a Porsche Boxster GTS because I love convertibles. My son says I'm having a midlife crisis which is great because that means I'll live to 110 or so!
So I narrowed down to Lucid Air because I now can mount a hitch for carrying bikes and found a shop to recover front seats because black + Houston is suicide in August. Then went to the Houston store and the sales rep told me to wait until summer because the 27's will have:
- NACS -don't care
- Fast Tesla charging - care somewhat but I really try to avoid Tesla because I despise Musk on so many levels
- New software - can be OTA so I could buy now
- Maybe new screens - hmmm, can be good or bad
- Maybe Gravity type interior with matching front/back seat color + black carpet - definite want
- Maybe massaging seats in Touring - definite want
So to placate the wife I have procured a 40' charging extension and am now charging the EX30 at the end of the driveway.