Received my Tesla Tap

This really doesn’t make sense. I and many Air owners have been waiting for Lucid Home Chargers for months, we are all screwed by installing other brands? 110V Lucid cable is useless, EA station is fast, but not as convenient as charging overnight in one’s own garage.
It’s just a liability thing. Either way, they would have to prove the issue happened with the charger and not the car, which would be difficult.

I have 3 Tesla Wall Connectors (Gen-2) in my home in Tucson. They all work great with the Tesla Tap Mini (80A). I also use another Tesla Tap Mini (80A) at my vacation home with a Tesla Wall Connector (Gen-1) with no problems. I would try out the Tesla Tap mini, if I were you, first. I've only had one fault from the Lucid with the Tesla Tap mini many months ago: it complained about a communications error. The Tesla Wall Connector has a few times display a red error light, but I just reset it with the button on the side. I leave the Tesla tap min attached to the Tesla connector all the time, although they recommend unplugging for 30 seconds before using it.
I've used the mini with my Tesla charger and had zero problems.

Just adding another positive data point on the Tesla Tap Mini 80amp.

We have two Tesla HPWC Gen 2's at home. Both of them are a very tight fit on the Tesla Tap but they charge the Lucid up great. Saves me from having to get my electrician back out. I may Dremel it if it doesn't loosen up some. The instructions say to give it a little time to loosen. We'll see.

I have a 3rd Gen wall charger at work. That one slides on and off easily. I think it has more to do with the shape of the head on the 2nd gen vs the 3rd gen. The 2nd get is slightly more bulbous in a few areas which makes it super tight on the Tesla Tap. Not sure why Tesla Tap didn't just make theirs slightly larger as there's no reason to make it so tight.

Also, someone was asking on the provisioning for the Gen 3. I can confirm there is an internal setting for the Gen 3's that isn't there for the earlier ones. Since I set it up, I just went back and changed it to all vehicles types. But if you don't have access to the wifi password, you'll have to get whoever has it to go in and change that. Or you'll be blocked.

Finally, I got a red light on that Gen 3 the first time I charged. Weirdly, it kept on charging the car. I'm pretty sure it's b/c I didn't wait the 30 seconds after attaching the Tesla Tap. Each time I've done it since then, it's worked fine.

So far very happy with purchase. Has allowed me to keep using my existing infrastructure while transitioning to Lucid ownership.

This really doesn’t make sense. I and many Air owners have been waiting for Lucid Home Chargers for months, we are all screwed by installing other brands? 110V Lucid cable is useless, EA station is fast, but not as convenient as charging overnight in one’s own garage.
Is that in writing somewhere?

I got the non mini version and use the tube of lube it cane with which seems to help
Mune is interchanged with ny tesla. So I take it on and off. No problems

Is that in writing somewhere?
You mean 110v L1 useless? There isn’t a writing, but personal and many on forum users’ experience. During summer, car can be hot in garage, it takes Wunderbox more energy to maintain battery temperature cooling than 11v can be drawn. Unless the new software update has the fan cooling aspect, I basically gave up 110v since July.

You mean 110v L1 useless? There isn’t a writing, but personal and many on forum users’ experience. During summer, car can be hot in garage, it takes Wunderbox more energy to maintain battery temperature cooling than 11v can be drawn. Unless the new software update has the fan cooling aspect, I basically gave up 110v since July.
Sorry, I should’ve been more specific. I’m wondering if it is in writing somewhere that using a third-party charger can void the warranty.

Sorry, I should’ve been more specific. I’m wondering if it is in writing somewhere that using a third-party charger can void the warranty.
I wasn’t aware of that at all. I was merely responding as not practical clause if that is the case due supply chain constraint.

Back