RearDriver Door Opens When Unlocked

miamicanes

Cars
Dream Performance
DE Number
Here's a good one.....When the car detects the key, the rear driver side door unlocks and opens. Yep, the car door opens itself and stays open. Spoke with Customer Care but there's nothing over the phone they can do. Anyone else had this very odd problem? We first noticed when we left to go out to eat this evening that the door was open when we backed out of the driveway. My wife got out and closed it but we thought nothing of it because we thought someone had left it open. Later this evening I went out and saw the headlights were on. When I went to check, I saw the rear passenger door was open. I closed it, walked away and the car shut everything off only to pop back to life and open the rear passenger door a few seconds later. So, key gone, etc., everything tested and when the car is unlocked, no matter how, app, key, whatever, the rear passenger door opens. Just another in a very long list of problems that makes me want to say "la revedere" to this car.

Here's a good one.....When the car detects the key, the rear driver side door unlocks and opens. Yep, the car door opens itself and stays open. Spoke with Customer Care but there's nothing over the phone they can do. Anyone else had this very odd problem? We first noticed when we left to go out to eat this evening that the door was open when we backed out of the driveway. My wife got out and closed it but we thought nothing of it because we thought someone had left it open. Later this evening I went out and saw the headlights were on. When I went to check, I saw the rear passenger door was open. I closed it, walked away and the car shut everything off only to pop back to life and open the rear passenger door a few seconds later. So, key gone, etc., everything tested and when the car is unlocked, no matter how, app, key, whatever, the rear passenger door opens. Just another in a very long list of problems that makes me want to say "la revedere" to this car.
I think this is a feature people wanted
..kind of

I’d have thought this was a physical impossibility, but I suppose a rogue motor could exert an outward, lateral force on the door, instead of medial and inward.
Just a clueless guy thinking out loud here.

Wait, what? Can you take a video? It… doesn’t have powered doors, lol

I had that same issue. It’s a door latch that will need to be adjusted or replaced. Both right doors were doing that and they ended up replacing both latches. Can be done with mobile service.

Had the same event. After backing out of the garage, the driver's side rear door was wide open. Only happened once but it is disturbing. Have 2.0.55 installed. I informed our service gal.

Had the same event. After backing out of the garage, the driver's side rear door was wide open. Only happened once but it is disturbing. Have 2.0.55 installed. I informed our service gal.
You’re lucky it happened after you backed out. If it happened earlier, depending upon which side of the garage you park on and how close to a wall you are, it could have been nasty.

You’re lucky it happened after you backed out. If it happened earlier, depending upon which side of the garage you park on and how close to a wall you are, it could have been nasty.
I thought about that as I don't know when it actually opened.

Back