Real world range?

Probably more like 370 vs 451

When I left at 100% car showed 445 mi. When I stopped to charge at 3% we had driven roughly 340 miles.

Very interesting. I was figuring I'd get about 252 miles in highway driving at 80 mph if I used 70% of the battery capacity (20% - 90% SOC). You got 340 miles using 97% of the capacity. That would equate to 245 miles if you used 70% of capacity -- pretty close to what I was estimating.

What would you say your average speed was?

78 ish

Picture below is after 2 days of work commute with a few maybe more than a few full pedal acceleration runs. Started at 80% charge.

I think driving without trying to extend the range at all you will get 70-75% of indicated range on a road trip.

That's driving with the flow of traffic at ~10mph above the posted limit. Maybe a little more sometimes.

Covid seems to have increased the average speed when not limited by traffic.

Above 70mph energy use starts going up on a pretty steep curve. That's not scientific. Just an observation.

Once the cruise control software is activated I'm looking forward to doing a few tests.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.38.49 PM  Dec 23.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 9.38.49 PM Dec 23.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 246
Drove from LA to Gilbert today. Averaged 2.9 to 3.0 mi/kwh. Conditions: rainy and around 55 degrees in LA. Sunny and 75 degrees when I stopped to charge in Buckeye. When I left at 100% car showed 445 mi. When I stopped to charge at 3% we had driven roughly 340 miles. Got some real world 294 kW at an EA station.

Also if you are near your car and it stays unlocked, it does show the SOC on both rear and front light bars as well as the charging animation.
thanks for the real world driving data.

Going down to 3% you are a brave man. That's awesome. 294kW is also quite impressive. I think someone who is a miler and being careful could get to 4.0. I think for me the 3.0 range is more likely. When I had a E60 M5 I think I averaged about 8 mpg. Someone posted if you drive very conservatively you can get 16mpg. My answer was why would I want to do that. At the time that car could pass anything except a gas station and the Air would absolutely demolish that car in performance and range..

As I wait the nominal 2-4 months for my first EV, I am reading these range discussions with interest.
Is there any correlation between ICE mpg vs EPA results and EV range vs EPA?
In other words, if my current driving style / cruising speed / road conditions / hilliness yields an mpg of 80% of highway EPA in my ICE vehicle, does that translate to an 80% range expectation in an EV?

So I just charged Luci and she did great. 😊
I must drive a little heavy footed 🫣 because I went 9 miles and it actually took 15 🤔
Me thinks me needs to slow down 🤣

So I just charged Luci and she did great. 😊
I must drive a little heavy footed 🫣 because I went 9 miles and it actually took 15 🤔
Me thinks me needs to slow down 🤣
When you can't recognize objects because they are moving past you too quickly, you are definitely killing your efficiency.

Back