Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

I’ll echo what Andretex said.
Touring with 19” with aero caps removed 23K miles. My lifetime is 3.6 m/kWh. This translates to about 330 miles of total possible range. While I start at 100% on road trips, I never go below 15%, and I never charge above 80% once I’m on the road (charging is too slow after 80%). This gives about 215 miles max between stops which is plenty.
Most useful metric for me is 3 miles for every 1% of charge. This is a very conservative (safe) estimate. For instance, if I’m at 50% SOC, and I don’t want to go below 15%, I have 35% available which translates to at least 105 miles.
YMMV but probably not by much. Remember range worsens significantly if it’s very cold.
Thanks ! What part of the country do you live in ? Wondering if that includes a winter …

Touring on 19s with 15k miles in little over a year. My life time efficiency has been 3.7mi/kwh. I am in the Dallas area. When it is not actively raining, it's not very tough to hit 4mi/kwh in moderate temperatures.

I’m in Southern California. GT with the 19 inch wheels and the frumpy wheel covers to match. However I was delighted to discover yesterday that keeping my cruise control pegged at 70 mph indicated got me a four-point-oh. 4.0 miles per kWh.

140 miles of mostly freeway driving, OAT mainly in the mid 60s, elevation changes netting about 200 feet if that - typical California coastal terrain.

My Touring on 19" with 28k miles is about 3.2. A fair amount of "spirited" highway driving is in that #. When I'm on local roads where I can't do much above 60 I'm closer to 3.8. I'm located in DE but spend a couple of months in the winter in FL so there's some climate factor included in my #s.

My Touring on 19" with 28k miles is about 3.2. A fair amount of "spirited" highway driving is in that #. When I'm on local roads where I can't do much above 60 I'm closer to 3.8. I'm located in DE but spend a couple of months in the winter in FL so there's some climate factor included in my #s.
Pjdcorp
Did you use EA on your trip to Florida ?
What was your experience?
Did the locations seem safe if you used them late night?

2024 Touring 19" in Denver, CO. Lifetime 3.1 so far (only 400 on the odometer), but that includes a 3 hour round trip into and out of the mountains in the rain, so I'm pretty happy. Getting closer to 4 each charge around town, and I have a decent amount of elevation in my daily drives. I'll post a pic once I have more mileage. I also might have been a bit acceleration-happy during the first 100 or so.

Picking up my touring with 19” wheels in chicago on sat and heading back to austin. Will probably break overnight in little rock. I drove to work today in an ‘03 honda insight, and i squeeze over 70mpg out of that even though it’s a cvt. I’ll be feathering the @&# out of the accelerator. No ac, not going above 65mph. Hoping for 4.5 mi/kwh at least!!! Should be home in about a month😀

I’ll be feathering the @&# out of the accelerator. No ac, not going above 65mph.
Yea, you can probably do > 4.0 if you drive like that on 19s. With 20s i average ~3.1 driving without much care for efficiency. That would probably translate to ~3.5 if i had 19s.

I have noticed that no matter how inefficient you drive, it's quite hard to average under 3.0.

I have a GT on 19" wheels. My normal driving gets me about 3.4. Without the AC which wasn't needed that day and sticking to 65/70 on the freeway, I got 4.8. It was just hard to keep it that slow.

I have a GT on 19" wheels. My normal driving gets me about 3.4. Without the AC which wasn't needed that day and sticking to 65/70 on the freeway, I got 4.8. It was just hard to keep it that slow.

You dared to drive 65 on the 5? Girl, you’re brave!

Can anyone share real world range for touring with 19 inch wheels either from personal experience or link to a test ?
Thanks !
Ok update - picked up my touring with 19 inches yesterday - drove from Boston to NY today with speed around 65mph - got 4.8 miles/kw which would extrapolate to over 410 miles range !

Ok update - picked up my touring with 19 inches yesterday - drove from Boston to NY today with speed around 65mph - got 4.8 miles/kw which would extrapolate to over 410 miles range !
Exactly my experience. My sister has a Bolt. She says it always gets more than the expected range. But I'm not sure if it's the car or if it's her driving which tends to be very slow.

Touring on 19s with 15k miles in little over a year. My life time efficiency has been 3.7mi/kwh. I am in the Dallas area. When it is not actively raining, it's not very tough to hit 4mi/kwh in moderate temperatures.
Another data point -
I drove yesterday from South West Austin to Far North Dallas (265mi) at 90F outside temperature at 3.9 mi/kwh, while mostly cruising (ACC) at 80mph. I started with 95% SOC and reached destination with 21% SOC. This includes a nearly one hour stop for lunch where I left the car maintain its temperature at 72F.

Revised: I got stuck behind traffic today & couldn't get much above 50mph on a 30 mile trip in a Touring with 19' wheels. I achieved 5.2 mi/kwh. I hope I'm not in that position again as it means I'm really miserable & still stuck in traffic 😁

Revised: I got stuck behind traffic today & couldn't get much above 50mph on a 30 mile trip in a Touring with 19' wheels. I achieved 5.2 mi/kwh. I hope I'm not in that position again as it means I'm really miserable & still stuck in traffic 😁
Impressive! Never gotten that...were you going downhill overall? :)

Summer 4+. Winter 3.

Attachments

• 72B0D6F7-630F-40B2-8EDC-07B56D99ABFD.jpeg
    72B0D6F7-630F-40B2-8EDC-07B56D99ABFD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 40
Back