Range question

Bill55 and Leo, thanks! You've given me more confidence. I'll let you know what happens in a few months. Oh, and the last 30 miles are at 60 mph average, so it should work out.
Should be fine. I would think averaging 105mph is probably going to be less than 2mi/kwh… maybe closer to 1.5.

LCIDdreams, thanks! So, 90 miles at 105 mph might require twice the normal consumption of electrical power, so it would be the equivalent of driving 180 miles at normal highway speeds. Even if the 90 miles takes three times the normal consumption, that would be 270 miles equivalent, to which I add the 80 miles of normal speed driving for a total of 350 miles equivalent. OK, I'll go for it (even if I have to keep my fingers crossed).

Well, a little more scientific approach says that the energy required is proportional to the square of the velocity, so it should take 2.25 times the energy to go 90 miles at 105 mph as to go 90 miles at 70 mph. So the 90 miles would look like 202.5 miles instead of just 90 miles. That means that I need a range of 80 + 202.5 = 282.5 miles to run this event. As you all said, should be no problem. If not, I'll be making friends with some course workers and then with a tow truck driver ;-(.

Should be easy

Of course, I have driven that event in an NSX when we had a 40-mph headwind... no problem in the Acura, but I might be a DNS if similar conditions prevail in September.

Has anyone entered their Lucid in an Open Road Challenge event? I'm planning to enter my 2022 Lucid Air GT (with 19" wheels) in the Silver State Classic in September in Nevada. Range is the key question. From a full charge, I will need to travel 50 miles at about 65 mph, then 90 miles at 105 mph AVERAGE speed, then another 30 miles to a charging station. Right now the wags on the race Message Board are betting I won't make it to the finish line. What do you think? Thanks!
Stay Tuned….I’d suggest very even acceleration during the entire time trial and use highway assist as much as possible…I believe that it’s doabl!

Back