Range Experiences

I think my car is broken. Just kidding. I have never seen numbers like this. Might be the much warmer NW temps. Might be that I never went over 55mph. Too many people out enjoying the spring like weather kept me from going much faster. I normally get about 3.1m/kWh. I am very pleased to see the 4.4m/kWh. Yee ha!
since last charge and Trip A - same distance but kwh and mi/kwh are different. What is the difference??

I would reset Trip B, as it is obviously off. 6.2 is the maximum that can be displayed by the car and it is likely not computing.

I bet it’s just a software glitch.
I had that happen once before as well. I just reset it.

Even though Lucid buyers get a period of free DC fast charging, it would be better to use that only on road trips if you have the ability to charge at home.
There is a 100% reliable EA 150 kW charger 5 mi. from my home. I use it as my "home charger" because:
it's free,
it's close
it always works flawlessly
it's always available with no waiting,
it's at a mall with a Whole Foods.

Can we confirm something I've read here or somewhere, by consensus, if not authority ?

For Lucid:
general use between 20% and 80% SOC
plug into home charger and leave it plugged in
DC fast charge on road trips as necessary, not as routine fill-ups just because it's free

do I understand this correctly? anyone confirm from an authority ?

{I understand I have a unique good fortune here, but I just would like to know what best practice is.}

Where are you driving (i.e., what is the climate)? Was it flat or hilly and if the latter, were you going down hill or uphill or did it even out? Were you driving the speed limit?
lucid-1-jpg.10716

I have to guess it was all downhill. Like, started on Pike's Peak and coasted into the plains...which gives me an idea: someone needs to try this!

Last edited:
For Lucid:
DC fast charge on road trips as necessary, not as routine fill-ups just because it's free.
Yes, it is my own best practice as well. My first 3 months only exclusively charge at EA while waiting for QMerit scheduling and Lucid 80amp home charger debut. But I couldn’t wait any longer and settled with WallBox 48amp and very happy with that product. (Then Murphy’s Law dictates Lucid released LCHCS one month after I installed WallBox 🤷‍♂️)

Stay away from both extreme ends of battery SOC to for longevity. 10% ~ 90% is good, 20% ~ 80% is even better. I’ve been lower than 10% only once and level-2 charged to 100% a few times the night before road-trip.

But these are only expert advices I’ve getting online and I intend to keep my AGT forever. I’ve watched an YouTube video, a guy only DCFC his Tesla MS. For 4 years he lost only 20 miles EPA, something like that.

Last edited:
I’ve watched an YouTube video, a guy only DCFC his Tesla MS. For 4 years he lost only 20 miles EPA, something like that.
And just like “Lincoln invented the internet”, there is no way anyone can verify of that guy’s statement is true or not.

There is a 100% reliable EA 150 kW charger 5 mi. from my home. I use it as my "home charger" because:
it's free,
it's close
Do whatever is convenient for you and proceed with best practices. Looks like you found a sweet spot.

I have an EA station in mall only 4 miles from my house, but it is often crammed. And I live in Texas with cheaper electricity rate, so I just go straight home and plug in. San Diego and Hawaii I’ve heard have most expensive electricity rate in the country.

it's free,
it's close

Can we confirm something I've read here or somewhere, by consensus, if not authority ?

For Lucid:
DC fast charge on road trips as necessary, not as routine fill-ups just because it's free

{I understand I have a unique good fortune here, but I just would like to know what best practice is.}
I've read this too but I don't know if anyone actually has a "true" answer. My own experience, with tesla, we supercharged every other day for 3 years when a supercharger station opened near me after charging at home for the first 3 years. No battery degradation occurred at all. Most of the supercharging was up to 90% and about 20% of the time I charged to 100% because my range was so low on my 90D. My sister supercharged her model X 95+% of the time to less than 100% soc since new and she needed a new battery after 4y (under warranty) and they told her it was because she supercharged all the time. So... I have no idea if DC fast charging regularly to 80% is actually bad or not? I don't know why DC fast charging is bad if charged only to 80% as the battery is directly charged vs home charging which converts ac to DC, I think, hence more wasted energy at home.

it's free,
it's close

For Lucid:

Great question. I am in the same boat. I want whats best for the Lucid and convenient for me. Until my garage is completed I am confined to the EA stations that work and are about two miles from my home. Post “plandemic” residential construction is not only expensive it is hit and miss finding contractors to complete a relatively small job. I have been charging at these stations since Dec 2022. I am new to EV’s and wondered if there was a better way to charge the Lucid and maintain the batteries. I even have the Lucid wall charger……still waiting for the garage to be finished.

San Diego and Hawaii I’ve heard have most expensive electricity rate in the country.
yup, we do. But with Solar and the EV-TOU5 rate in San Diego it is tolerable. My super off-peak from 12-6a is about 11 cents per kWh. That was why I was wanting the scheduled charging so bad. I never charge during the day when the electricity price is as high as the average temperature here. i’m prepared for them to flip the prices when everyone has EVs and is charging at night causing nighttime grid strain…… :rolleyes:

lucid-1-jpg.10716

I have to guess it was all downhill. Like, started on Pike's Peak and coasted into the plains...which gives me an idea: someone needs to try this!
My Trip A always reads 6.2 even after multiple resets. I think it’s a software glitch. It also resets to the full car mileage. One of those things I just hope goes away.

In Rhode Island we don't have TOU for residential customers, but this winter our rates have been almost $0.30/kWh, 24 hours/day! This is due to the high cost of natural gas in our region, in turn due to the limited pipeline supply plus the Ukraine war. Will be going back down to around $0.20 on April 1.

it's free,
it's close

For Lucid:

I have been using the "free" DC fast charging at EA and charging to no more than 80%, I don't leave it plugged in at home. I charged to 100% only once before a 1000 mile round trip and twice during the trip to about 97%. The max I drained the battery during the trip was to 15%. Once the 3yr EA is over, I plan to charge at home only to 80%. I had this car (Pure AWD) since Dec 30th 2k miles so far. For the local driving I am planning to use EA once a week or 10 days as needed.

I just charged my new air pure to 100% for the first time and the max range its showing is 405 instead of 410, is this normal?

I just charged my new air pure to 100% for the first time and the max range its showing is 405 instead of 410, is this normal?

Yes, it’s normal. My car shows variable numbers when charging full and I don’t pay much attention to it.

i only have a 100 miles on the pure right now but based on my trips I’m only getting 3.2 kwh, does it get better as I drive it more or is something wrong with it?

i only have a 100 miles on the pure right now but based on my trips I’m only getting 3.2 kwh, does it get better as I drive it more or is something wrong with it?
It gets better. Mostly depends on your driving style and speeds.

Back