Questions on Battery Charging and Thermal Maintenance……

MPawelek

Cars
None
(1) If you want to charge the batteries to 80% is this percentage set by the car or by the wall charger?
(2) If you want to charge the batteries to 80% and have the batteries cooled during hot weather while charging will the car stop the charging at 80% and then just use “city” power to keep the batteries at a desired temperature?
(3) Is one capable to add no charge to the batteries but have the car plugged in to maintain a good battery temperature during extreme hot or cold weather?

(1) If you want to charge the batteries to 80% is this percentage set by the car or by the wall charger?
(2) If you want to charge the batteries to 80% and have the batteries cooled during hot weather while charging will the car stop the charging at 80% and then just use “city” power to keep the batteries at a desired temperature?
(3) Is one capable to add no charge to the batteries but have the car plugged in to maintain a good battery temperature during extreme hot or cold weather?
1) by the car
2) yes as long as you set the charge % to 80 in the car
3) I think it will charge to your preset % before it maintains battery temp, so the answer is probably no

Thanks for the reply. My major concern is our high temperatures here on the Texas Gulf Coast during the Summer though I will keep the Lucid in my shaded storage building with all my other cars. I assume that during this time of the year I will keep it plugged in all the time in order to keep the batteries at the correct temperature?

This is a concern here in Phoenix also. From the manual:

1649684016345.png

Thanks for the reply. My major concern is our high temperatures here on the Texas Gulf Coast during the Summer though I will keep the Lucid in my shaded storage building with all my other cars. I assume that during this time of the year I will keep it plugged in all the time in order to keep the batteries at the correct temperature?
I doubt the BMS will start cooling the batteries if the car is parked and the battery pack is at or below 140 degrees F.

Back